Administrator
Administrator

Re: "Stolen" sprites

on 9/12/2010, 12:46 pm
@5h0ck wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:
@5h0ck wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:
@5h0ck wrote:......wouldn't ripping sprites be considered stealing them from the people who made the game to begin with? Espiecially when their ripped from illegal emulators.
If you credit the game it isn't illegal. And, emulators are the ones to blame? :3
yes emulators are to blame....and yet without them we wouldn't have the sprites we have right now....except for customs.
wich means in a long run we wouldn't be having this conversation either...or even this site.
So really if you think about it we all have to thank the first people who made illegal emulators as well as the first people who ripped them for the stuff we have now.....so really its thanks to thieves and illegal activities that were here right now.
If all that were to happen I don't think I would even be on the computer. ^^
are you saying sprites are the only reason u use a computer
If not I wouldn't be talking to you guys and the only people I'd talk to are people on Facebook. And I could just use my iTouch for that. ^^

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/12/2010, 1:56 pm
OOOOOOHHHH PWNT

Banned
Banned

on 9/12/2010, 8:47 pm
Pattiasina24 wrote:
@5h0ck wrote:......wouldn't ripping sprites be considered stealing them from the people who made the game to begin with? Espiecially when their ripped from illegal emulators.
If you credit the game it isn't illegal. And, emulators are the ones to blame? :3
So, by that logic, if I say I decompiled SMBZ and stole everything from it, and credit him, that'd make it right?

Perhaps...we all mad?
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/12/2010, 9:02 pm
@TheCaptainBadAss wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:
So, by that logic, if I say I decompiled SMBZ and stole everything from it, and credit him, that'd make it right?

no somehow thats different and still wrong, im not sure how confused but it is, but alas thats just the way it is

Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 9/13/2010, 8:38 am
@TheCaptainBadAss wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:
I suppose if you ask Alvin-Earthworm if you can take a sprite/effect from the ep. and he say yes then it would be ok.....that or rip the sprites somehow without decompileing the vid.

My upcoming projects

Captain Falcon vs Bang Shishigami: 4%      Vergil vs Sephiroth: 60%      

Killer Instinct Origins: TJ Combo:10%        Dragonclaw vs Evil Ryu Remake: 10%

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/13/2010, 9:23 am
most of his sprites are from games, some hits effects are from street fighter 3 along with some dust effects, some are from normal sheets you can find in places like dbz vortex but he just changed the color, others are from marvel vs capcom 2, the rest are from mugen chars, but he does edit and custom some, those you need to ask permission for the others you can find on the web if you look in the right place

Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 9/13/2010, 10:20 am
@D3Anims wrote:most of his sprites are from games, some hits effects are from street fighter 3 along with some dust effects, some are from normal sheets you can find in places like dbz vortex but he just changed the color, others are from marvel vs capcom 2, the rest are from mugen chars, but he does edit and custom some, those you need to ask permission for the others you can find on the web if you look in the right place
Basilisk would be an example of one of his customs

My upcoming projects

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
Administrator
Administrator

on 9/14/2010, 6:18 pm
@TheCaptainBadAss wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:
Once again the game is like the corporation supplying the product. If you steal from the artist, Alvin, who would be the store selling the products for the corporation, it is stealing. You can't steal a bag of chips and say nah its okay I stole it from $99 Cent Store. You can't steal from a corp. but a corp. is much like a store. The game is just the supplier, and you technically not even allowed to use it. Think of it like Limewire. If you steal a CD from a store everyone's like, GASP OMG YOU MONSTER. If you use Limewire everyone's like...oh cool.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/14/2010, 8:40 pm
Pattiasina24 wrote:
@TheCaptainBadAss wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:
Once again the game is like the corporation supplying the product. If you steal from the artist, Alvin, who would be the store selling the products for the corporation, it is stealing. You can't steal a bag of chips and say nah its okay I stole it from $99 Cent Store. You can't steal from a corp. but a corp. is much like a store. The game is just the supplier, and you technically not even allowed to use it. Think of it like Limewire. If you steal a CD from a store everyone's like, GASP OMG YOU MONSTER. If you use Limewire everyone's like...oh cool.

aaaaaahhhhh (i get it tone of voice)

Spritan
Spritan

on 9/15/2010, 7:03 am
Truthfully there is no right or wrong. people say something is wrong mostly because they don't like it. for example the government says we can't print our own money when they can. thought that isn't allways the case........wow were way off topic now aren't we.

My upcoming projects

Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 9/15/2010, 5:39 pm
@5h0ck wrote:Truthfully there is no right or wrong. people say something is wrong mostly because they don't like it. for example the government says we can't print our own money when they can. thought that isn't allways the case........wow were way off topic now aren't we.
to continue your (not so good) analogy, they usually get caught and sentenced (in our case flamed, spammed, etc). Is this discussion still going on?

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Banned
Banned

on 9/15/2010, 5:56 pm
Pattiasina24 wrote:
@TheCaptainBadAss wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:
Except, the stores pay for the product they're selling, they don't go to the supplier and steal from it/him/her.
As for limewire, that's just trying to say "oh, other people do it, so it must be alright. IT MUST BE."

Perhaps...we all mad?
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum