View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

"Stolen" sprites

on 9/4/2010, 4:34 pm
can they reeeaaalllllly be considered stolen when the person whos vid they're in also "stole" them from somewhere else whether it be another sprite vid, a game, or a mugen char. i guess what im really trying to ask is.....whats the big deal???? if its online its gonna be used whether you like it or not n besides if your sprite, effect, or sound is so awesome people will download a software and watch minutes of tutorials to get them.......isnt that a good thing n shouldnt that kinda be like an accomplishment????? but thats just me hell im "stealing" sprites from smbz ep8 while im typing this now after watching 10 minutes of tutorials for some software, also ive seen these sprites on mugen chars ive downloaded before i guess alvin earthworms a thief too huh

also i had no clue where to post this so if its in the wrong section feel free to move it mr.admin sir

Spritan
Spritan

Re: "Stolen" sprites

on 9/4/2010, 5:06 pm
you really should not be talking about that... it is generally frowned upon

U Mad?
Administrator
Administrator

on 9/4/2010, 5:08 pm
You're stealing it off of someone's videos. You can download MUGEN characters because it's considered as 'ripping'. Like sprites and what not. It's like a store getting the products shipped from the producer. That's not stealing? Nope. But if you steal it from the store. It's stealing.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/4/2010, 5:11 pm
Stealing is when you decompile sprites/effect/sounds from another animation just to put it on yours. Are you doing this?

This our website! There are many like it, but this one is ours! Without us, The Spritas is nothing! Without The Spritas, I am nothing!
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/4/2010, 5:14 pm
DZ is right, are you decompiling from Alvin earthworm's animations?

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/4/2010, 6:35 pm
(reads last 2 comments)um..............................maybe =( (i didnt know da diference....i guess ill stop....) but what if i find where he got the sprites from, like the fire sonic intro is from golden sun 2 for gba from some move called rising dragon, and use it people still say its stolen cuz they dnt know where he got it frm -_-

Spritan
Spritan

on 9/4/2010, 6:38 pm
@j.doussou wrote:(reads last 2 comments)um..............................maybe =( (i didnt know da diference....i guess ill stop....) but what if i find where he got the sprites from, like the fire sonic intro is from golden sun 2 for gba from some move called rising dragon, and use it people still say its stolen cuz they dnt know where he got it frm -_-
Yes, don't decompile, or you will be hated in the entire internet trust me... and, if you know you are using stolen effects, stop using them or it will count as the same.
You can get effects and sprites from mugen or other games. (Not flash movies).

This our website! There are many like it, but this one is ours! Without us, The Spritas is nothing! Without The Spritas, I am nothing!
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/4/2010, 6:47 pm
technically he did decompile, isn't that grounds for ban?

U Mad?
Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 9/4/2010, 6:59 pm
@darkdragon581 wrote:technically he did decompile, isn't that grounds for ban?
Well he hasn't given them out, he hasn't used them in a vid and say its his, and he said he was gonna stop. idk i think its alright

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"

on 9/4/2010, 7:11 pm
@j.doussou wrote:but what if i find where he got the sprites from, like the fire sonic intro is from golden sun 2 for gba from some move called rising dragon, and use it people still say its stolen cuz they dnt know where he got it frm -_-

You can tell them where you found it. In this case, at The Spriters Resource. Then, it won't be stolen. But it will be a overused effect, so I recommend you start making your own.
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/4/2010, 7:16 pm
i was never gonna say it was mine i give credit. i dnt want cyber hate

Banned
Banned

on 9/7/2010, 11:15 pm
Pattiasina24 wrote:You're stealing it off of someone's videos. You can download MUGEN characters because it's considered as 'ripping'. Like sprites and what not. It's like a store getting the products shipped from the producer. That's not stealing? Nope. But if you steal it from the store. It's stealing.
That was the worst analogy ever.

Perhaps...we all mad?
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/8/2010, 3:29 pm
captain badass,. nice name i wish i thought of that -_-

Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 9/8/2010, 4:58 pm
@j.doussou wrote:captain badass,. nice name i wish i thought of that -_-
its better than his YT name
back to topic

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Banned
Banned

on 9/12/2010, 1:05 am
@j.doussou wrote:captain badass,. nice name i wish i thought of that -_-

Perhaps...we all mad?
Administrator
Administrator

on 9/12/2010, 10:13 am
@TheCaptainBadAss wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:You're stealing it off of someone's videos. You can download MUGEN characters because it's considered as 'ripping'. Like sprites and what not. It's like a store getting the products shipped from the producer. That's not stealing? Nope. But if you steal it from the store. It's stealing.
That was the worst analogy ever.
It works fine.

Also, he doesn't have to custom effects just so he's original that's the weirdest thing I've heard. You can use effects that just aren't even used that much. It's perfectly fine, I suggest barely using them because they are just decorations and distract the animation from what is really happening.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 9/12/2010, 11:12 am
......wouldn't ripping sprites be considered stealing them from the people who made the game to begin with? Espiecially when their ripped from illegal emulators.

My upcoming projects

Captain Falcon vs Bang Shishigami: 4%      Vergil vs Sephiroth: 60%      

Killer Instinct Origins: TJ Combo:10%        Dragonclaw vs Evil Ryu Remake: 10%

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/12/2010, 11:15 am
why hasnt this been locked yet??? n 5hocks got a point

Administrator
Administrator

on 9/12/2010, 11:15 am
@5h0ck wrote:......wouldn't ripping sprites be considered stealing them from the people who made the game to begin with? Espiecially when their ripped from illegal emulators.
If you credit the game it isn't illegal. And, emulators are the ones to blame? :3

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 9/12/2010, 12:01 pm
Pattiasina24 wrote:
@5h0ck wrote:......wouldn't ripping sprites be considered stealing them from the people who made the game to begin with? Espiecially when their ripped from illegal emulators.
If you credit the game it isn't illegal. And, emulators are the ones to blame? :3
yes emulators are to blame....and yet without them we wouldn't have the sprites we have right now....except for customs.
wich means in a long run we wouldn't be having this conversation either...or even this site.
So really if you think about it we all have to thank the first people who made illegal emulators as well as the first people who ripped them for the stuff we have now.....so really its thanks to thieves and illegal activities that were here right now.

My upcoming projects

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/12/2010, 12:04 pm
@5h0ck wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:
yes emulators are to blame....and yet without them we wouldn't have the sprites we have right now....except for customs.
wich means in a long run we wouldn't be having this conversation either...or even this site.
So really if you think about it we all have to thank the first people who made illegal emulators as well as the first people who ripped them for the stuff we have now.....so really its thanks to thieves and illegal activities that were here right now.

dam near everything good comes from them

Spritan
Spritan

on 9/12/2010, 12:09 pm
@D3Anims wrote:
@5h0ck wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:

dam near everything good comes from them
and my signatures a good example.
The Scorpion mugen char below was custom while the Akuma was a recolor of sprites that were ripped from an emulator of
Street Fighter.

My upcoming projects

Spritan
Spritan

on 9/12/2010, 12:23 pm
@5h0ck wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:
.....damn he makes a good point...

Administrator
Administrator

on 9/12/2010, 12:41 pm
@5h0ck wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:
If all that were to happen I don't think I would even be on the computer. ^^

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/12/2010, 12:45 pm
Pattiasina24 wrote:
@5h0ck wrote:
Pattiasina24 wrote:
If all that were to happen I don't think I would even be on the computer. ^^
are you saying sprites are the only reason u use a computer

My upcoming projects

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum