•  
  • FAQFAQ  
  • SearchSearch  
  • UsergroupsUsergroups  
  • RegisterRegister  

• Reply to topic

G'day guys, just joined up!

Post by MasterSplinter on 12/5/2016, 11:03 pm

Yo guys, thought I'd get on here and introduce myself since I just registered.

Been spriting for quite some time, was trying to look for a proper place to call home and I think I found it. Trying to figure out the most optimal thing to be using; albeit I've tried both CS3 and CC Flash but I'm not sure which one to use yet as I don't really know how to animate and that's what I've been trying to learn how to do. Also is After Effects useful at all or is it just not on the level that Flash can do things at (or above, which would be pretty good cause I know there's a dude named Redheadhenry who uses AE and his animations are slick as hell).

Regardless, hope to get settled in and start joining in with some of my animations soon. I found a tutorial from a guy named Eric that I've started watching, hopefully I can bring my own stuff out soon.

Thanks guys.
      MasterSplinter
      No Rank
      No Rank

Number of posts : 6
      Registration date : 2016-12-05

View user profile
      Adult Spritan Lv 3
      Adult Spritan Lv 3

Re: G'day guys, just joined up!

Post by 5h0ck on 12/6/2016, 6:36 am

welcome to the site man.

as for cs3 vs cc, well they're both fully capable in terms of sprites cc has more features but those features are geared more for drawn/cg animation. but yea in terms of sprites they both work equally.

after effects as the name implies is the king of effects. that being said if you know what your doing you can make effects in flash as well, in the end its up to personal preference. I'd say learn a program and stick with what feels comfortable to you.

Regardless of which program you use in the end you must always have patience and avoid rushing your work. rushed products almost always suck. animation is a very time consuming process so it may be draining/disheartening at times, but if you keep going then you'll reach where you want to be. and once your more experienced the process does become faster.

My upcoming projects

Captain Falcon vs Bang Shishigami: 4%      Vergil vs Sephiroth: 60%      

Killer Instinct Origins: TJ Combo:10%        Dragonclaw vs Evil Ryu Remake: 10%

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
        5h0ck
        Adult Spritan Lv 3
        Adult Spritan Lv 3

Number of posts : 7548
        Registration date : 2010-09-08
        Custom Rank : Tag line? Since when do you need a line to play tag? da fuq?

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnA https://twitter.com/abxelic

Post by MasterSplinter on 12/7/2016, 12:16 am

@5h0ck wrote:welcome to the site man.

as for cs3 vs cc, well they're both fully capable in terms of sprites cc has more features but those features are geared more for drawn/cg animation. but yea in terms of sprites they both work equally.

after effects as the name implies is the king of effects. that being said if you know what your doing you can make effects in flash as well, in the end its up to personal preference. I'd say learn a program and stick with what feels comfortable to you.

Regardless of which program you use in the end you must always have patience and avoid rushing your work. rushed products almost always suck. animation is a very time consuming process so it may be draining/disheartening at times, but if you keep going then you'll reach where you want to be. and once your more experienced the process does become faster.

Alright thank you very much, been watching a few of Eric's videos and I'm starting to get a pretty good grasp on it, hopefully I can extend that in a bit and start working towards producing some swell content.
          MasterSplinter
          No Rank
          No Rank

View user profile
          Administrator
          Administrator

Post by Rapidfir3Pho3nix on 12/7/2016, 4:47 pm

Yo welcome man. Yeah the program you want to use is definitely up to you. Just do you.

Anywho, I hope ya enjoy it. Be sure to check the discord server out if ya haven't yet!
            Rapidfir3Pho3nix
            Administrator
            Administrator

Number of posts : 5015
            Registration date : 2009-01-23
            Custom Rank : wut

View user profile

Post by MasterSplinter on 12/7/2016, 8:15 pm

@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:Yo welcome man. Yeah the program you want to use is definitely up to you. Just do you.

Anywho, I hope ya enjoy it. Be sure to check the discord server out if ya haven't yet!
              Thanks dude!
              MasterSplinter
              No Rank
              No Rank

View user profile
              Adult Spritan Lv 3
              Adult Spritan Lv 3

Post by 5h0ck on 12/8/2016, 1:33 pm

yea the only time what program you use truly matters is when your doing a collaboration. in that case its good that the group uses programs that are compatible with each other so that when everything's done you can import it all into 1 program then save it. for example you can import a cs3 file into cs4 and cs4 can export files for cs3 use(except for any AS2 specific assets as cs4 and up only use AS3)

but I believe animate cc can import any file from cs3 - cs6 again with the exception of as2

My upcoming projects

Captain Falcon vs Bang Shishigami: 4%      Vergil vs Sephiroth: 60%      

Killer Instinct Origins: TJ Combo:10%        Dragonclaw vs Evil Ryu Remake: 10%

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
                5h0ck
                Adult Spritan Lv 3
                Adult Spritan Lv 3

Number of posts : 7548
                Registration date : 2010-09-08
                Custom Rank : Tag line? Since when do you need a line to play tag? da fuq?

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnA https://twitter.com/abxelic

Post by MasterSplinter on 12/8/2016, 4:01 pm

@5h0ck wrote:yea the only time what program you use truly matters is when your doing a collaboration. in that case its good that the group uses programs that are compatible with each other so that when everything's done you can import it all into 1 program then save it. for example you can import a cs3 file into cs4 and cs4 can export files for cs3 use(except for any AS2 specific assets as cs4 and up only use AS3)

but I believe animate cc can import any file from cs3 - cs6 again with the exception of as2
                  Ok well I'm starting to get more comfortable with keyframing and symbols now so hopefully it'll pay off soon.
                  MasterSplinter
                  No Rank
                  No Rank

View user profile
                  Administrator
                  Administrator

Post by Rapidfir3Pho3nix on 12/20/2016, 11:48 am

Yeah can't wait to see what ya put out
                    Rapidfir3Pho3nix