View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

What am I suppose to do here?

on 6/5/2016, 10:24 pm
Hello everyone of this beautiful world! .....Let me stop with the 'OmG HiyA guys! Lolz!' No...No...That's not me and if that is ever me, kill me with a stake in the heart.

I'm quite new to the world of animation. I've always loved viewing what crazy ideas people have come up with. To be honest, I'm mainly inspired by SMBZ and Mario's Castle Calamity. I'm sure many of you have heard of them. I can remember sitting there and wonder 'How do people do this?'

For years now I've wanted to know, and hopefully soon I can have an answer. Instead of cutting to the chase here, it was in the rules I had to tell you who I am. Well, that's the problem. I'm not much of anyone. Just a guy who has the hopeless dream job of someday being youtube famous or a famous author. That's really it. I mean, I like.....pickles....and...Hyrule Warriors. That's really it. Serious

I'm generally friendly, that's just who I am.

Regardless, can anyone point me in the right direction of what program(s) I need to use? I already have Fireworks (cs5 I believe)....But I only got it because the guy I was watching had it. I'm hopeless, but I'm willing to learn if someone is willing to teach me the ways of sprite animation... Serious

Other than that entire mess I just typed up, hello everyone.
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: What am I suppose to do here?

on 6/6/2016, 4:06 am
Howdy, I'm SXR. Moderator and animator 'round these parts. Dunno if you've heard of me but if you have, neat.
Spoiler:
*coughIdidtwoworldscollidecough*

If you'd like to get started with animation, around these parts we use adobe flash. There's plenty to use, but a lot of people use cs3, flash 8, or some of the newer versions which I haven't really used since I don't animate in flash too much anymore.
Fireworks is good for sprite sheets so you're good there, if not you can use photoshop, gimp or I dunno somethin else.

as for your aspirations, just work hard and have fun doing it. Your efforts will be rewarded.

as for tutorials, while they're a little dated, Eric's tutorials (ifureadthisdie) are a good place to start. If you've got any questions, feel free to ask me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-vTNREoxCI

Thanks for joining and I hope you have fun here!

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Spritan

on 6/6/2016, 4:54 pm
You can go to Eric's tutorials OR watch tutorials of the god of animating Derek (spritfan2)!
Spritan
Spritan

on 6/6/2016, 5:00 pm
Well thank you both. I'll need help getting flash, but I assume I'll have to do that on my own. ^-^"

I'll be sure to watch every video I can. Anything to help get me started! The only thing is I have to make sprite sheets for a few characters and that's going to be tedious.
Administrator
Administrator

on 6/6/2016, 6:57 pm
Welcome to the Spritas!

Enjoy your stay~

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 6/6/2016, 9:22 pm
you don't actually have to make a sprite sheet(unless your saying your artistic and can make characters)
if your sprites are already separate images then you can just import them to flash as is. the only thing that you'd have to worry about then would be transparency(unless you were fortunate enough to have downloaded the sprites with an alpha background in which case the final obstacle fixes itself)

My upcoming projects

Captain Falcon vs Bang Shishigami: 4%      Vergil vs Sephiroth: 60%      

Killer Instinct Origins: TJ Combo:10%        Dragonclaw vs Evil Ryu Remake: 10%

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
Administrator
Administrator

on 6/7/2016, 6:05 pm
Howdy, welcome to the site dude
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum