View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-6oEH3ZD5CFNtHm5hyvEcg

A work in progress animation

on 3/26/2016, 6:26 pm
Never had anything CnC before so I was wondering if you could give some criticism to this new animation.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: A work in progress animation

on 3/26/2016, 6:45 pm
Ayyyeee, I see you using The Spritas intro.

The beginning was quite cinematic. Idk why the purple and black thing moved though when it put it's hand in the air. Not sure if that was just alignment issues or what.

Also, I noticed you used camera shakes on impacts which was awesome but then on the really quick hits there wasn't any camera shaking so those hits felt kinda weak.

Other than that though, really awesome animation!
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/27/2016, 12:07 am
Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:Ayyyeee, I see you using The Spritas intro.

The beginning was quite cinematic. Idk why the purple and black thing moved though when it put it's hand in the air. Not sure if that was just alignment issues or what.

Also, I noticed you used camera shakes on impacts which was awesome but then on the really quick hits there wasn't any camera shaking so those hits felt kinda weak.

Other than that though, really awesome animation!
Yeah I was wondering if i could put this on the spritas channel when its done
when the purple hedgehog was moving i never noticed that so ill fix it and the sword slashing I never really added shaking but ill try it to see if it has a greater impact.
 Thanks for the criticism dude really appreciate it Very Happy
Administrator
Administrator

on 3/27/2016, 8:42 am
No problemo and yeah let me know when it's finished and I'll put it up on the channel!
Administrator
Administrator

on 3/27/2016, 11:13 pm
Something that I didn't value in the past could be implemented here and make your animation 10x better.

As for animating in general, it seemed kind of smooth, some different skews and scaling could be different to help enhance some illusions-- stuff you will get as you develop as a sprite animator.

The cinematic scene, can be elongated, and add in some text to help give you some more length as well. I did not really value storylining in random fights when I animated, but I think that this is something that is just as important as the actual content of the action as well. Trust me, it will help build up the suspense and help make your fight more epic, as we now know what is the reason they are fighting, what is on the line, who the good/bad guy is.

You can add so much with just that small add-in. Would love to see where this goes!

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/29/2016, 7:03 am

Never tried adding text to an animation ill give it a shot. Ill see how adding text affects the overall animation to see how it improves on it. thanks for the helpful tip really appreciate.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum