View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

(WIP) Mario Fights a Square

on 11/27/2015, 6:50 am
During the newgrounds era, I always enjoyed amazing sprites animators such as, Jonbro, Psycosis91, Randy Solem, Daniel Sun, etc.
This animation is an attempt to relieve that old good taste of a true sprite animation.

Administrator
Administrator

Re: (WIP) Mario Fights a Square

on 11/27/2015, 9:18 am
I'm not sure what it is but either your character movement or your camera seems quite snappy.

Also when mario jumps down from the top of the second box before the dramatic pause in the music, he just gets bigger. I'm guessing that platform is closer so he gets bigger because he's closer to the camera. If that's the case then that should be animated a bit more clearly cuz it looks like he's just falling and getting bigger.

Anywho those were the main 2 problems for me.

I enjoyed this quite a bit though. It seems pretty comical and I'll be looking forward to the finished product!

Just try to fix the snappy feeling (idk could just be me) and try to animate things a bit more clearly
Spritan
Spritan

Re: (WIP) Mario Fights a Square

on 1/9/2016, 11:44 am
This feels so refreshing, and I mean it. I feel like the old 8 years old me watching Power Star and Rise Of the Mushroom Kingdom. Please keep it up, I wanna see more of this.

I used to be known as "Marioluigi263" or "FrSpriterMan".
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum