View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

[WIP] Ace vs Zoro

on 11/24/2015, 10:20 pm
My first animation on here :

http://www.fastswf.com/lHN7hRE

CnC welcome even though it is only about 4 seconds.
Administrator
Administrator

Re: [WIP] Ace vs Zoro

on 11/24/2015, 10:57 pm
I like how you're moving the camera around and stuff but it should shake a bit whenever there's a hit you want to bring some more power to.

When Zoro knocks Ace into the air near the end there I'm not exactly sure what's going on there. I think Zoro's attack is launching Ace into the air but it's not really clear.

And lastly, there are some areas you could throw in a bit of skewing to smoothen things up. For example, when Ace stops sliding back in the beginning and when Zoro gets hit by Ace and his swords fly up for a moment. Just play around with skews until ya figure out what looks good to ya

But yeah this is looking really nice. keep it up!
Spritan
Spritan

on 11/24/2015, 11:12 pm
I'm less about skewing and more about squashing and stretching. I feel like skewing sometimes takes away the "realism" and force of a fight while squashing and stretching shows speed and force.

Thanks for the advice Rapid!
Administrator
Administrator

on 11/25/2015, 12:23 am
Squashing/Stretching which is actually just a result of skewing. Basically, we can use skews to squash and stretch, however, squashing and stretching isn't the only thing skews can be used for.

on 11/25/2015, 4:59 am
Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:Squashing/Stretching which is actually just a result of skewing

??????????????

skewing is a completely different thing from squash and stretch

squash and stretch = resizing
skewing = skewing (lol)

by the way, sonfreo, i think the biggest issues here are mostly:
- the lack of a clear focus, as in, the camera isn't placed in a way that makes sense within the scene. the characters are just kinda there in the corners or the middle maybe who knows. that's bad. you always want to keep the camera focused somewhere. in a 1v1, it's the two characters battling, so you generally keep the camera centered on them, unless something happens that separates them. usually anyway. but just making the camera wander about with no real purpose looks bad.

- your reactions are also somewhat unclear. no amount of frills (cam shakes, effects, etc.) is going to fix that really. just double-check your actions and reactions, and ensure they make sense.
Administrator
Administrator

on 11/25/2015, 8:51 am
Leo is very right lol

I apologize, it was very late in the day and I've been pretty sick these past few days so yeah my state of mind here recently has been out of whack. Thanks for the clarifications leo! Also good CnC!
Spritan
Spritan

on 11/25/2015, 3:22 pm
Leo or Rapid could you clarify on camera movements? Because I don't think the camera is wandering but more just focusing towards the moving object. I like to keep the characters that are fighting on-screen until I transition to something else like a high speed battle or an air battle.

On another note my reactions are short and unclear so I'll change that.

on 11/25/2015, 4:23 pm
idk, it's not too bad, i just feel that it leans too much to the left. it's not balanced, if that makes more sense.
Administrator
Administrator

on 11/26/2015, 8:13 pm
ah yeah I see what Leo is saying

if you split your camera view in half, the characters are mostly on the left side of the view. usually it's better to balance things out by having the camera centered on the characters.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum