View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Super Mario World Water Level

on 11/23/2015, 8:24 am
Hellow people, it's been awhile since I was here lol. I have been testing sprite animation in 60 fps and I think it looks pretty good, but this was just an experiment.

What do you think? :)

Administrator
Administrator

Re: Super Mario World Water Level

on 11/23/2015, 9:10 am
Looked pretty alright to me. There's still a slight feeling of unnaturalness I feel with 60fps sprite animations but honestly with this animation that feeling is so small that it's really not worth the trouble of going through.

I personally think it would have been better to blur the foreground and keep the focus on mario when he went swimming in background but eh it's not a big deal.

But yeah there's not really a whole lot to say about this tho.

Really good quality tho! In sound and visuals lol
Spritan
Spritan

on 11/25/2015, 11:22 am
I actually forgot for blur every when mario started to move lol. I know it's not common to use 60 fps on sprite animations but I played Super Mario Maker and that has 60 fps so I thought to try it out!
I can fix that unnaturalness, but I need to make a bigger map for mario to move around so it looks better. But thank you for the criticism! :)

Administrator
Administrator

on 11/26/2015, 8:17 pm
Yeah also this is just one aspect of animation there's not a whole lot of action going on so that's another area you're going to want to test especially since Mario Maker doesn't have fighting like sprite animations and stuff.

but yeah good luck in your efforts. Come and show us what ya can do when it's all said and done!
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum