View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Collapsing Dimensions (Teaser and WIP)

on 4/21/2015, 10:55 pm

THIS my friends is the finale to my Sonic VS. Series. Sonic vs Goku, Sonic vs Zatch and Sonic vs Mario (he however does not make an appearance). This, is Vrave. A dimensional monster who's goal is... well, we don't know yet...

I had originally intended for this short movie to be a text only film. However, I was approached (by all things) a zatch bell fandubbing channel. After seeing my zatch bell project, they had asked if they could lend some voice actors to the project and I thought "Eh, what the hell. Sounds like fun."

While the voices don't exactly sound like the characters they're portraying, I think they all did a good enough job.

I am aware of the V-cam problem and am currently working to fix it.

Since the site is somewhat active again, I felt like posting this.

weeeeee.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)

Re: Collapsing Dimensions (Teaser and WIP)

on 4/22/2015, 8:31 am
visuals felt a bit inconsistent (some of it probably is nothing you can fix without having to remake a lot of shit yourself tho so i think it's k).
also, the transition (or lack thereof) between the shot where that portal appears behind everyone and the one where they're looking at it was too abrupt. you could have made it one shot instead and just have them turn around.

nice otherwise

on 4/22/2015, 12:03 pm
Yeah I agree about the abrupt V-Cam. I'll definitely change that the second time around.

I appreciate the critique Leo.

ADOPT A CHAO!!

on 4/29/2015, 12:56 am
*COUGH*

boy i've been making slow progress on this.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/29/2015, 1:00 pm
I felt like this boss dude has been rushed a little. Maybe you could make him 3D?

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015

on 4/30/2015, 10:27 am
Hah. that's funny. I don't know how to integrate 3D into flash. Plus modeling and texturing him would be a bitch.

ADOPT A CHAO!!

on 4/30/2015, 11:52 am
you could perhaps do a composite of the flash stuff + the 3D object using after effects, although when going with 3D i still feel like it's better to go the "other way around" and doing it all within the 3D software. tradeoffs, tradeoffs.

although yeah, it's what i was saying when i mentioned visual consistency:

Leo wrote:visuals felt a bit inconsistent (some of it probably is nothing you can fix without having to remake a lot of shit yourself tho so i think it's k)
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/30/2015, 1:41 pm
SXR123 wrote:Hah. that's funny. I don't know how to integrate 3D into flash. Plus modeling and texturing him would be a bitch.

I don't know man, standard UV mapping would look like it'd do the job. Integrating him into Flash would be a bitch yah and what Leo said.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Administrator
Administrator

on 4/30/2015, 4:33 pm
o.O is this where sprite animation is going now?
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/30/2015, 5:20 pm
I've been trying all sorts with sprite animation. I now make them with Flash + 3ds Max + After Effects. I still like to work in Flash independently. Not trying to hijack this thread so back on topic please c :

on 5/1/2015, 2:09 am
I've been hitting road blocks recently and haven't had the motivation to work on the fight.

I wanted to keep him sprited though. at least for this movie. for the sequel/series of two worlds collide I might try something new.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/19/2015, 3:33 pm
First of all, great job on the composition. I don't know if it was intentional but the green and purple combination was a great touch. Secondly what Leo said, the boss seems a bit rushed. Not much of a fan of the shading. The concept, however, is very cool. Looks like an awesome RPG boss of some sort.

And lastly, as a little nitpick of mine, the last shot where the heroes are being shown in a 3D-esque camera spin, the background should be moving faster than everything else, since the camera is rotating instead of panning. At least that's what it gave me the impression of. It doesn't look bad! It's just kind of an OCD thing of mine hahaha.

Otherwise I really want to see what's next. Also I haven't been posting on this site for about a year or two huh. What the hell did I miss and where did all the blue go?

on 5/21/2015, 12:00 am
Aaah! Jem! It's been such a long time dude! I'm so happy to see you again!

Well the site died for a good while and then it got somewhat active after Joey turned off the redirect to the NEW site. and now it's kinda somewhat active again and joey changed the colors.

as for your critique, I will take all of that into account. I don't know about the monster though, considering he was sprited a long time ago by a friend of mine.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum