View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Need Feed Back

on 4/16/2015, 7:00 am
( New Small Update)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqcGZvaYozg

Took the other link i had down cause i noticed i scaled the animation wrong while exporting it.

Ok so i added some sounds and some bg music to give the animation more life but i don't know if some sounds sound a little off or not, I also tried lowering the sounds to be considerate and not rape anybody's ears Razz.

For the easing im still working on how to get that packed down, I understand how it works i just can't get the outcome of it the way how i want it to be, but i will go back and put the ease in places it needs to be for the diverse moement.

And i don't know if I did the parallax right or not. Isn't it when the object is further away the slower it moves?

Last edited by Kumori on 5/26/2015, 9:53 am; edited 6 times in total
Spritan
Spritan

Re: Need Feed Back

on 4/16/2015, 7:48 am
Looks nice, (if you don't understand this please excuse me) watashi wa furasshu o motsu ikutsu ka no tasuke ga hitsuyō jissai ni watashi wa hontōni yūjin to shite anata o tsuika shitai to omoi, watashi wa nantoka watashi no terepōtosupuraito wa daijōbu iku koto wa dekimasen.

Cain's my name, pixels're my game! See my latest animation below!

You read this? Now you can call me Cain. Congratulations!
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/16/2015, 8:02 am
Dōmo arigatōgozaimashita. And yes I understood lol.
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 4/16/2015, 8:39 am
Your choreography is nice but your movements are stale and consistent. There's no flow.

your FPS is a little low but I don't totally mind that.

when I say consistent I mean that the characters pretty much move at the same speed throughout the animation. No ease in or out.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Administrator
Administrator

on 4/16/2015, 11:40 am
A little tid bit to add to what sxr said.

It's not always bad when things are consistent. It's when things are too consistent that things become problematic because the animation feels stiff when there's not enough diverse movements in the characters.

on 4/16/2015, 12:02 pm
Besides all that, I'd say this isn't a bad start. I'd definitely like to see more.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/16/2015, 1:22 pm
SXR123 wrote:Your choreography is nice but your movements are stale and consistent. There's no flow.

your FPS is a little low but I don't totally mind that.

when I say consistent I mean that the characters pretty much move at the same speed throughout the animation. No ease in or out.

Alright i will try and work on that, i see what you mean by the moves look stale a little bit
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/16/2015, 1:30 pm
Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:A little tid bit to add to what sxr said.

It's not always bad when things are consistent. It's when things are too consistent that things become problematic because the animation feels stiff when there's not enough diverse movements in the characters.

I will try and see if i can redo some parts to make the movement of the fight look more diverse, it was my first time using that many sprites at once so I didnt know if the choreography would come out well lol. But I will try and change the speeds of each individual fight, try and keep it a little consistent here and there with more different speed movement to see if it helps any.

on 4/16/2015, 1:37 pm
two things, one, make sure not to post twice in a row. for multiple quotes, clickt he multi-quote button, scroll to the bottom of the page and click reply.

second, just keep on practicing and you'll get there.

ADOPT A CHAO!!

on 4/16/2015, 2:18 pm
i can barely see the animation with those gigantic hitsparks. i'd seriously scale them down, this isn't a fighting game. even then, they would still be too big anyway lol

aside from that, some decent ideas here, i like when it gets more intense. only problem really is the easing/spacing here, which is what sxr and rapid meant by consistent motion; it all just starts and stops without acceleration/friction. looks quite unnatural most of the time.
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/30/2015, 9:56 am
(Small update go back to the top for info and the update)

on 4/30/2015, 11:59 am
Leo wrote:i can barely see the animation with those gigantic hitsparks. i'd seriously scale them down, this isn't a fighting game. even then, they would still be too big anyway lol

also yeah, parallax is basically like that. objects in the back = slower, objects in front = faster.
you could try easing the camera too when you start putting that in, although i don't know how hard it would be to handle that since you're not using flash (you're not using flash, are you?)

that's about it for any complaints really. no actual new issues
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/26/2015, 9:58 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqcGZvaYozg

Just a small update, :3: i still havent changed the hit sparks yet Leo, to lazy at the moment but i will soon.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum