Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Greetings + Preview

on 3/24/2015, 2:02 pm
Hello, my name's MegatonBrik.

I am a young animator that is currently learning about how to use flash. Thanks to people like Squirrelkidd, I have found my way to this site, and was very happy to find out there was a website almost entirely based on sprite animations. So I decided to sign up. I've been looking around the forums a bit and you all seem to be very nice and welcoming people, so hopefully I get to have a chat with some of you.

Thank you for your time and have a good one.


Last edited by MegatonBrik on 3/27/2015, 8:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Greetings + Preview

on 3/24/2015, 4:37 pm
Hello, welcome to the site! You found us at an awkward time, but do enjoy your stay here!

Your animation is looking pretty good! You still have a few more things to learn such as vCam movement and using more keyframes to slow down looped movement (such as your Mario idle), but you'll learn all that eventually. I'd suggest ya rewatch some of your favorite animations and look at the more critically to see what they do right and what they do wrong.

And there are ways to get Flash for free, however, it's against the rules for me to tell you how to do so. Luckily, there's nothing against me saying that there are ways to do so.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Greetings + Preview

on 3/24/2015, 6:12 pm
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:Hello, welcome to the site! You found us at an awkward time, but do enjoy your stay here!

Your animation is looking pretty good! You still have a few more things to learn such as vCam movement and using more keyframes to slow down looped movement (such as your Mario idle), but you'll learn all that eventually. I'd suggest ya rewatch some of your favorite animations and look at the more critically to see what they do right and what they do wrong.

And there are ways to get Flash for free, however, it's against the rules for me to tell you how to do so. Luckily, there's nothing against me saying that there are ways to do so.

Thank you. I actually just trialed another version of flash(I was using Cs3, now it's CC 2014), so that's another 30 days before I have to go buy it. I will take your advice into account, like the looped movements.

Although I must ask, why is this considered an "awkward time"? Is it because of the migration of the website?
avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Greetings + Preview

on 3/24/2015, 8:25 pm
@MegatonBrik wrote:Although I must ask, why is this considered an "awkward time"? Is it because of the migration of the website?

Well, it's just that we tried to migrate to the site, but that pretty much killed what little userbase we had before. Now that we've come back here, maybe we'll get some people coming back but it will be pretty inactive here for a while.
avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: Greetings + Preview

on 3/26/2015, 7:25 am
Hey! I'm SXR, mod and veteran animator here at the spritas!

As rapid said, we're in a bit of a weird time here at the spritas but if you make some posts, you can count on me, him or... hopefully someone else... to respond to it!







ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Greetings + Preview

on 4/11/2015, 11:47 pm
@SXR123 wrote:or... hopefully someone else... to respond to it!
...
...
...
...
Best introduction ever.
It's like: "Welcome to our new shop! Take whatever you want and let someone else do all the stuff I would have to do because I'm lazy!"
Now let's add SXR to this...
"...because I'm SXR, your lazy mod of this forum!"
Okay, done with teasing you.





Cain's my name, pixels're my game! See my latest animation below!

You read this? Now you can call me Cain. Congratulations!
avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: Greetings + Preview

on 4/12/2015, 4:10 pm


I don't think i'm a very lazy mod.







ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Greetings + Preview

on 4/12/2015, 5:46 pm
@SXR123 wrote:

I don't think i'm a very lazy mod.

I'm getting high tired of you thinking you can use Haruhi to effectively express your emotions.

HA!

As if your emotions could even compare to that of the wonderful Goddess, Haruhi! Get the fuck you you blasphemous fool!
avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: Greetings + Preview

on 4/12/2015, 6:03 pm
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:
@SXR123 wrote:

I don't think i'm a very lazy mod.

I'm getting high tired of you thinking you can use Haruhi to effectively express your emotions.

HA!

As if your emotions could even compare to that of the wonderful Goddess, Haruhi! Get the fuck you you blasphemous fool!



I give no fucks and neither does haruhi. Her expressions are golden.







ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Greetings + Preview

on 4/12/2015, 7:05 pm
@SXR123 wrote:
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:
@SXR123 wrote:

I don't think i'm a very lazy mod.

I'm getting high tired of you thinking you can use Haruhi to effectively express your emotions.

HA!

As if your emotions could even compare to that of the wonderful Goddess, Haruhi! Get the fuck you you blasphemous fool!



I give no fucks and neither does haruhi. Her expressions are golden.



both you bitches.





avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Greetings + Preview

on 4/12/2015, 7:18 pm
I feel so bad for this person. But they've probably already ran away.



avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: Greetings + Preview

on 4/12/2015, 7:40 pm
(Face I went ahead and made your image like, A BILLION times smaller.)

We'll see what happens. I do think he's still around though.

I'm gonna lock this though. Doesn't need anymore posts. Locked.








ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum