View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Updated sheet & animation

on 3/27/2014, 5:31 am
In my recent video, the viewers told me that i needed to update my character a little. So i did. I cleaned my sheet and even created som new moves ^^.

And i have change my animation too so i would look more clean. So in this video im going to show you the character moving more clean.
and also how i look.

Update from before:

1. it used to have grey pixels around the character, just like a mario sheet
2. the aniamtion was laggy but acceptable

Now I want to you to tell what you think of my updated character. What i need to know is if the animation is clean or laggy, if the design is good or bad and tell me what i can do to make the animation better!

Thanks Y'all! ^^

Spritan
Spritan

Re: Updated sheet & animation

on 3/27/2014, 6:12 am
-_- from what i've seen from your last video your movement has improved greatly, but the speed of your physics look a tad bit slow, like when he kicks the green pillar over it fell kind of slow and when he did the air flip shell smash was kind of slow as well, the jump looked fine to me. I'm not the best person for feedback but i try to help where i can.

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/27/2014, 11:42 am
Not bad, I think since he is a koopa you should give him more koopa based attacks. Like turning into a shell and hitting someone, growing wings like how some of the koopas have and being able to fly etc Oh yeah and he should beable to throw hammers like the hammer bros!
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/27/2014, 12:26 pm
TheDarknessKage: Yeah, I suppose my physics is still pretty slow. Maybe it is my frame rate that is slow (24 fps). But i tried to use 30 fps once but the critique were the same. Any ideas that i can improve my speed? (would appreciate it)

AlexTGS: I like your cool ideas....but i have another idea for my koopa Wink

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/27/2014, 12:37 pm
Amin196 wrote:TheDarknessKage: Yeah, I suppose my physics is still pretty slow. Maybe it is my frame rate that is slow (24 fps). But i tried to use 30 fps once but the critique were the same. Any ideas that i can improve my speed? (would appreciate it)

AlexTGS: I like your cool ideas....but i have another idea for my koopa Wink

-_- well in flash when you do your jumps and dashes do you use tweens? When you tween in between frames there should be a bar with a number line on it, the more negative the tween at the start of whatever you animated will go fast a gradually slowdown to a stop and the higher it is the beginning of the animation it will start slow then pick up the pace going faster. And the less frames you use the faster it will be. I haven't animated in flash in a while so I may be wrong and if someone knows i'm wrong please correct me.

-_- and your fps isn't slow that is a good fps to use or to start out with, you just gotta keep practicing until you get your animation the way you want it to be. Keep up the good work.

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/27/2014, 3:17 pm
TheDarknessKage: You have right. But i did use them and it didn't help. But I'll try to use them more so it will go faster!

Thanks for the tips, btw do you know any tutorials about the physics in flash animations and not mr.Lange's because i have tried..(if you see this, sorry about that)

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/27/2014, 3:28 pm
Amin196 wrote:TheDarknessKage: You have right. But i did use them and it didn't help. But I'll try to use them more so it will go faster!

Thanks for the tips, btw do you know any tutorials about the physics in flash animations and not mr.Lange's because i have tried..(if you see this, sorry about that)

-_- here's a video that hopefully helps and gives you tips, I wish i could be of more help but i animate in photoshop and do my animations frame by frame so i would be very rusty in flash. Also dont pay attention to the guy explaining on skewing your sprite, he explains how to do physics in the vid.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r-It-kGul4U

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum