Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Sound playback issue

on 3/25/2014, 9:27 pm
-_- some of the sounds I import into flash tend to playback deeper than what it is supposed to originally sound like, when i have the sound file in whatever folder it is stored in and play it from a audio program it play'sback like it should. I have checked my settings and they are fine.

-_- even though this may not get responded to, cause no one rarely responds to any help i post(makes me feel like the evil being of spritas, i like it) it may help someone else. Does anyone know what other problems may be causing this?






avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sound playback issue

on 3/25/2014, 9:57 pm
I recently fixed one of my own problems on flash from what i found on google. APPARENTLY, flash uses quicktime for certain things when it comes to sounds, if you do not have quick time installed you can encounter many problems.
https://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Try installing it then restart your computer and let me know if it fixes it.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sound playback issue

on 3/25/2014, 10:30 pm
@AlexTGS wrote:I recently fixed one of my own problems on flash from what i found on google. APPARENTLY, flash uses quicktime for certain things when it comes to sounds, if you do not have quick time installed you can encounter many problems.
https://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/

Try installing it then restart your computer and let me know if it fixes it.

-_- oh it's you again alex, I appreciate the information you've given me.





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sound playback issue

on 3/25/2014, 10:40 pm
No problem brotha! Hope it helps.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sound playback issue

on 3/25/2014, 10:42 pm
-_- do i need to re-edit the sound or re-import it to flash once i have quicktime installed by any chance?





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sound playback issue

on 3/25/2014, 10:48 pm
I'm not entirely sure but i would try re-importing it. I googled around a little bit and found a topic with a similar problem to what it sounds like your having you should probably take a look.
http://forums.creativecow.net/thread/3/920242

Also what version of flash are you using?
avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sound playback issue

on 3/25/2014, 11:18 pm
if the sound gets pitchshifted when you import it, the sample rate of it might be different than the one(s) that flash uses (it works with sample rates that are multiples of 11khz, but don't trust me on that.). change it to 44100 and see if the problem remains there.

you can change it using audacity or wavosaur or any other audio editing software out there.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sound playback issue

on 3/25/2014, 11:52 pm
What Leo said. I already covered this.
https://www.thespritas.com/t1286-splendid-sound-tips





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sound playback issue

on 3/26/2014, 12:18 am
@Leo wrote:if the sound gets pitchshifted when you import it, the sample rate of it might be different than the one(s) that flash uses (it works with sample rates that are multiples of 11khz, but don't trust me on that.). change it to 44100 and see if the problem remains there.

you can change it using audacity or wavosaur or any other audio editing software out there.

-_- Change it to 44100 in flash or in a audio editing program? Cause I just tried doing it in audacity and it made the voice very high pitched.





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sound playback issue

on 3/26/2014, 1:42 am
How about reading the page you were just linked to?





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profilehttps://twitter.com/BuchonlxDhttps://www.facebook.com/David Osca Villanueva

Re: Sound playback issue

on 3/26/2014, 7:19 am
@Mr Lange wrote:How about reading the page you were just linked to?

Do what Lange says Damn it!





View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum