View previous topicGo downView next topic

Re: lame thing for a lame collab

on 3/24/2014, 5:07 pm
ɹǝɐןןıʌ wrote:Leo/10

wonder when my stuff will be good enough to warrant a Lange/10 (probably never lel)
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/26/2014, 11:45 am
Could anyone explain what nudging is again, just curious. Also I already showed the amount of love I had for this, my stupid Sasuke anim had nothin on this. <3 Leo sempai

on 3/28/2014, 5:26 pm
just moving things slightly, basically.

also, small update.
http://www.fastswf.com/4bux-rw
still no preloader. and still terrible, of course
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2014, 5:38 pm
Lol I've seen some random shit in my days but this takes one of the cakes. I didn't even know Shrek sprites existed.

on 3/28/2014, 5:40 pm
Blue22 wrote:Lol I've seen some random shit in my days but this takes one of the cakes. I didn't even know Shrek sprites existed.

this one is from some weird-ass fighting game for gbc iirc. i laughed for nearly an hour after finding it. it's ridiculous
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2014, 5:48 pm
I think I vaguely remember a Shrek/Smash bros copycat for the gamecube and PS2. Didn't realize it was for the gameboy too XD

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2014, 5:49 pm

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015

on 3/28/2014, 5:52 pm
yeah there's those too, the other people in the collab were using them

i was going to use those too, but then i went with these 8 bit sprites because they're much easier to edit (and also work better with the smb3 sprites)
Administrator
Administrator

on 3/28/2014, 6:07 pm
This is actually fucking great. Why did you "quit" sprite animation when you're this good and could contribute so much.

Watch your ass.

on 3/28/2014, 7:21 pm
That zoom in on Shrek's face made me laugh. Awesome stuff here man.

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/28/2014, 8:59 pm
Oh my god leo. Your seriously my #3 favorite animator of all time dude. I love you so much.

on 3/29/2014, 1:34 am
thanks guys

BDB wrote:That zoom in on Shrek's face made me laugh

yeah its one of my fav bits. another one would have to be around frame 1000 when shrek lands on the wall and that little bass solo comes in. i lose it everytime. the funny thing is that it was completely unintentional - the bgm was all star, but i tried putting this other song in there, and it fit with the timing i was going for almost perfectly. i could barely believe it

Eric wrote:This is actually fucking great. Why did you "quit" sprite animation when you're this good and could contribute so much.

lmao well yeah you know this actually makes no sense when i think about it
i've only gotten really good when i stopped taking this stuff more seriously and just started doing it mostly as a way to kill free time. back when i actually cared about improving, i didn't animate like this. it's a shame, i would have done so much more.
but oh well, guess it just wasn't my thing after all. really, this (and everything else i've been doing recently) is just me trying to do whatever else i can do while i still haven't deleted all the sprites in my computer.

on 3/31/2014, 5:30 pm
another update, added a little more and also a preloader. probably will be the last update i'll post here (until the final version, of course).
http://www.fastswf.com/tGaimSE
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/2/2014, 2:53 pm
Leo wrote:another update, added a little more and also a preloader. probably will be the last update i'll post here (until the final version, of course).
http://www.fastswf.com/tGaimSE
Jesus Christ, Daniel Sun has truly been reincarnated through you. Not only that, but I am loving all your ideas too. Love it.

edit: also, where's music from?

Spoiler:
Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 4/2/2014, 3:04 pm
baha what in teh fuck did i just watch
that was really good though. Everything seemed fluent and well animated with dem SSB sound effects. Nice amount of action and comedy.
Only question is, did luigi get a boner when shrek went Super Saiyan? wtf was that blue thing at hsi crotch

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Administrator
Administrator

on 4/2/2014, 3:43 pm
Leo wrote:

lmao well yeah you know this actually makes no sense when i think about it
i've only gotten really good when i stopped taking this stuff more seriously and just started doing it mostly as a way to kill free time. back when i actually cared about improving, i didn't animate like this. it's a shame, i would have done so much more.
but oh well, guess it just wasn't my thing after all. really, this (and everything else i've been doing recently) is just me trying to do whatever else i can do while i still haven't deleted all the sprites in my computer.

Sounds like you stagnated because you TRIED to be something instead of just doing whatever aspect of it that you enjoyed so much and improving from practice. I notice the moment anyone sets an idealization for themselves they never go anywhere trying to reach it.

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/2/2014, 7:43 pm
Granadico wrote:did luigi get a boner when shrek went Super Saiyan? wtf was that blue thing at hsi crotch

lmao, when I saw that I was wondering the same thing but it's just one of the bolt thingies on the background blocks.
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/3/2014, 5:49 pm
Granny why so dirty, it's the part of the background. Geez.

Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 4/4/2014, 1:13 pm
YoshiSonic wrote:Granny why so dirty, it's the part of the background. Geez.
hey hey hey HEY HEY HEY!

[size=32]you're right[/size]

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"

on 4/5/2014, 9:21 pm
spritefan2 wrote:Jesus Christ, Daniel Sun has truly been reincarnated through you. Not only that, but I am loving all your ideas too. Love it.

edit: also, where's music from?

lmao oh my god
also, first song is anosa is a FUNK AUDIO VILLAIN by anosa/sci, which you can grab here
and the other one is Spongetta in the Studio, by Shnabubula, which you can get here

Eric wrote:Sounds like you stagnated because you TRIED to be something instead of just doing whatever aspect of it that you enjoyed so much and improving from practice. I notice the moment anyone sets an idealization for themselves they never go anywhere trying to reach it.

yeah, seems like that was the case. it's funny how this has been the same for anything else i've been doing. really, i never paid much attention when people said "just do your own thing and have fun", but i guess i see why they say that so much now
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum