View previous topicGo downView next topic
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4788
Registration date : 2009-01-23
View user profile

Chroma - Musical FPS

on 2/17/2014, 9:03 pm
Yes, Chroma made by Harmonix and Hidden Path Entertainment (makers of Counter Strike: Global Offensive and Defense Grid) is a first person shooter that has come to rock the first person shooter genre...literally.

In this game, you need to sync with the music of the game in order to win. The music denotes changes in the terrain around you and gives to the player special abilities awarded to those who successful match the beat of the music. Best thing about this game? It's gonna be FREE.

Check out the trailer. (Game looks gorgeous btw)

Here is an IGN article over the game.

Here is where you can sign up for the closed Alpha, if ya want to.

So what do you guys think about this game? I think it's an amazing concept and I am extremely pumped for this game.
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12942
Registration date : 2008-11-18
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

Re: Chroma - Musical FPS

on 2/17/2014, 9:10 pm
i love music and (good) FPSs, so i'm definiately gonna try this. don't like alphas though usually. and its free :O hopefuly my computer an runit

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-11-04
View user profile

on 2/17/2014, 9:35 pm
I was kinda hoping it wouldn't be generic-y dubstep. Hope there's a variety of sounds in this. Really interesting idea.
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4788
Registration date : 2009-01-23
View user profile

on 2/18/2014, 3:51 pm
@Granadico wrote:i love music and (good) FPSs, so i'm definiately gonna try this. don't like alphas though usually. and its free :O hopefuly my computer an runit

Yeah same here. I really hope they do have a low graphics setting otherwise the game looks beautiful but you'll need a pretty powerful rig to play it.

@BDB wrote:I was kinda hoping it wouldn't be generic-y dubstep. Hope there's a variety of sounds in this. Really interesting idea.

Yeah I think there will be different genres playing. It's supposed to consistently change throughout the pacing of the game.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum