View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Fighting Style?

on 2/14/2014, 12:59 pm
Good morning my fellow spritans, CJ here with just a quick question that I would like to get your opinion's on. So as some of you may know, I'm working on a DBZ LSW series with another animator and we were concerned with what style of fighting we should work with.

It's been an unspoken rule that using a DBZ fighting style in an animation unrelated to DBZ such as Mario or Sonic is overused, but what I want to know is would using a DBZ fighting style in an actual DBZ universe would sound boring to you guys? or should we go with actually using a more in depth approach at it, like how sonic uses his speed to his advantage.

I don't just want to use Ki Blasts, Teleportation, and High Speed Combat in it, I want to spice things up with some creativity, unfortunately with the sheets we're given that is proving to be a difficult task, do you guys have any suggestions since we're open to ideas.

Last edited by Cooljoshua567 on 2/15/2014, 4:42 am; edited 1 time in total

The Unstoppable Ala Rubra

View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: Fighting Style?

on 2/14/2014, 2:04 pm
I can tell you with utmost confidence that using a DBZ style in a DBZ animation is most definitely not boring.

Take a look at Shuhan's goku vs vegeta animation. That is as DBZ styled as it gets and I still LOVE how it looks and how it's done.

If you can even replicate something similar to that, you'll have a good fight every time.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/14/2014, 10:07 pm
Wow, I see your point SXR. That fight literally blew me away, so creating something similar to that will definitely be a challenge, but I'm up for it.

View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 2/14/2014, 10:18 pm
Not only that, but the kind of DBZ fights I hate to see constantly use beams and rely on flashy effects to amaze people when it should be the two characters clashing that makes the fight.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/14/2014, 11:08 pm
I agree with that, there's more to DBZ than jut flashy effects and beam struggles. I think I should incorporate more combat and free style into it, like how the Dragonball series was before they added teleportation and ki blasts.

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/15/2014, 2:40 am
yeah pretty much just try to avoid, overused beams battles.
just avoid repeating battle pattrens.
lol but if you want to really make the dbz style combat you should make them talk for 10 minuets after......every.....damn.....hit.....

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/15/2014, 3:14 am
Lol now that would be interesting. I kind of see what you guys are referring to, beam struggles and flashy effects shouldn't make up the animation, the choreography and combat should.

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/15/2014, 4:40 am
@Cooljoshua567 wrote:It's been an unspoken role
rule*

@Cooljoshua567 wrote:that using a DBZ fighting style in an animation unrelated to DBZ such as Mario or Sonic is overused
SMBZ does not have DBZ style fighting. It's a style, but it's not DBZ, and I don't understand why people call it that.

@Cooljoshua567 wrote:but what I want to know is would using a DBZ fighting style in an actual DBZ universe would sound boring
That's a stupid question. It depends entirely on the quality of the animation. That's like asking "would a blue roller coaster be boring". Depends on the roller coaster not the fucking color of it.

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/15/2014, 5:08 am
I agree on trying not over use beams, you should show off a characters potential at its fullest or some of there potential. Most DBZ animations i see have lots of beams effects which is understanble because it's DBZ, but I think people would like to see the abilities of the char utilized in a unique way(in my opinion). For example in Shuhan's DBZ animation he had goku make 2 copies of himself and fight vegeta, that was a unique way to use goku's ability cause i havent seen anyone else do it and that showed off vegeta's potential showing that he can take on 3 opponents at once.

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum