View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

A series im actually going to finish

on 2/13/2014, 12:17 pm
http://www.fastswf.com/nuyIXiI

please let me know if the animation has alot of pauses, cause for some reason when I upload my animations to swf hosting sites it does not play out as smooth as it's supposed to. Oh and you dont have to tell me about the walk at the beginning cause i know.........i know:( 

View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: A series im actually going to finish

on 2/13/2014, 12:52 pm
what are you animating at? the FPS seems really slow.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/13/2014, 1:01 pm
SXR123 wrote:what are you animating at? the FPS seems really slow.

O_O I exported it at the wrong fps it was at 12

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/14/2014, 7:13 am
It feels like I'm watching the Draglade sprite series done by Yuumon lol. I can tell that he's a major inspiration for your work.

The pauses seem..fine.

This looks promising, it's not often that I actually watch upcoming sprite series without voices so nice work. Only problem I saw was it felt a bit choppy and there was a white line at the top of the screen, probably because you exported the movie too big for the V cam or something.

The Unstoppable Ala Rubra

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/14/2014, 11:05 am
Update
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jiFLoLjvsgw

someone tell me if its looks as choppy as the other link i put up please.

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/14/2014, 12:50 pm
Is there a problem with your FPS? The beginning sequence with him walking looks very choppy.

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/14/2014, 1:45 pm
Cooljoshua567 wrote:Is there a problem with your FPS? The beginning sequence with him walking looks very choppy.

The walk will have to be like that do to the screw up i made in the anim, but other than that did everything else play out smooth?

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/14/2014, 1:53 pm
Uhm yea everything else seemed to be fine in the animation, just that opening part was choppy.

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/15/2014, 2:37 am
Honestly this needs to be remaked in my opinion.
sure the walking part at the start was the most choppiest,
but everything else felt extreamly stiff, the camera, the characters movement overall,
you should add more varities to the way everything is played out infront of the viewer,
it felt too dull and stiff for my opinion.
something that made me laugh a bit was how he threw back the axe to her....why not use it for himself lol? but yeah that's not so important.

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/15/2014, 3:04 am
Tal wrote:Honestly this needs to be remaked in my opinion.
sure the walking part at the start was the most choppiest,
but everything else felt extreamly stiff, the camera, the characters movement overall,
you should add more varities to the way everything is played out infront of the viewer,
it felt too dull and stiff for my opinion.
something that made me laugh a bit was how he threw back the axe to her....why not use it for himself lol? but yeah that's not so important.                                                          

It was a scene of talking do there wasnt going to be alot of movement. I dont want my chars moving around while they are talking like they are on drugs XD. But for the scythe part when he threw it back I messed it up cause I was going for retracting look, that the scythe was being pulled back to whoever threw it.

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/15/2014, 3:13 am
I think Talk was referring to how you executed the scene, he is saying that it felt dry and dull to him, uncinematic if you will. I have to actually agree with him a bit, since it does feel like everything is playing out as if it was almost in non motion, so try to add smoothness to the situation.

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/15/2014, 3:25 am
Cooljoshua567 wrote:I think Talk was referring to how you executed the scene, he is saying that it felt dry and dull to him, uncinematic if you will. I have to actually agree with him a bit, since it does feel like everything is playing out as if it was almost in non motion, so try to add smoothness to the situation.

yup this is what i mean for the most part (it's hard to explain myself lol).
trust me that even in talking scenes there is quite a lot of movement.
like joshua said, upgrade the cinematic feel.

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/15/2014, 4:04 am
Ah ok, could you explain where it looks dull through out the animation? So i can know where to correct the errors i made

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/16/2014, 12:21 pm
I think that your use of textboxes is very unappealing, the text looks like you exported a .bmp and pasted it into the flash, the character's pixel art isn't even inside the box, and the boxes themselves are very uninspired and basic. If you are going for a simplified easier to use textbox then those will be fine, but man, keep the characters inside or add a fade, something lol

Also, when Neon gets introduced, I think you should try and think of something alot better and more visually interesting. To be honest I was a bit confused whether you renamed Zeke into Neon for your series or something at first, like she was yelling at him.
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/16/2014, 9:39 pm
SatanicGoomba wrote:I think that your use of textboxes is very unappealing, the text looks like you exported a .bmp and pasted it into the flash, the character's pixel art isn't even inside the box, and the boxes themselves are very uninspired and basic. If you are going for a simplified easier to use textbox then those will be fine, but man, keep the characters inside or add a fade, something lol

Also, when Neon gets introduced, I think you should try and think of something alot better and more visually interesting. To be honest I was a bit confused whether you renamed Zeke into Neon for your series or something at first, like she was yelling at him.

I dont want the characters face inside of the textbox, I dont want to go for the videogame style with the faces completely in the textbox, but i will try and fix the textbox issue lol

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/16/2014, 9:41 pm
That's why I said add a fade or something, right now it just looks like you attempted to put them in but were too lazy to do so lol
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/17/2014, 9:23 am
XD im trying to find a way to fade it but cant figure out how, and also i fixed the text from it looking bmp I think. I will add some more animation and correct everything else that needs to be fixed.

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/17/2014, 1:35 pm
I need to see more before I truly judge but from what we have so far, I'm gonna have to go ahead and agree with what everyone else is saying. You need to fine tune this a little more.

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum