View previous topicGo downView next topic
Administrator
Administrator

Rapid's Digital Graphic Art

on 1/15/2014, 8:48 pm
Alright, I know I can't draw and animate to save my life, but I do believe I'm somewhat decent with graphic design things. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of things that I have designed in the past because I deleted them (I have no freaking idea why I did) but I can at least start showcasing them somewhere. I mostly use GIMP to create things. For me, it's very simple and straight-forward and it's what I am most comfortable using. I do have Photoshop and do tend to use that from time to time, but I mostly stick with GIMP. I do not use "kits" or anything to make what I make, I make it all from scratch, other than the resources I gather to create something such as vector images, texts, brushes, etc.

The most recent thing I have done is a set of Userbars for the Fire-Type Pokemon Fan Club over at The PokeCommunity.
Spoiler:

Here's some old stuff, I made a long time ago. You may or may not recognize some of it.
Spoiler:

old signature

even older signature from when my name was xRAPIDFIR3xPHO3NIXx

A couple of navigation bar concepts. I'm actually quite a fan of the first one

favorite button v1

favorite button v2

banner concept (pretty bad actually)

signature for when I was doing an LP of cube world on my channel lmfao

Honestly, I've made A LOT more things. Desktop wallpapers, phone wallpapers, avatars, signatures, banners, etc., but I've deleted them after I felt like I wasn't going to do anything with them. >_> But I'm going to stop deleting things.

UPDATE: I wanna get better at drawing so here is an Eevee I drew. Here is the image I used as a reference. I didn't trace it lol.

Spoiler:

Yeah, so the scanner took out quite a bit of the value >_> Either way, the shading is atrocious. It's something I really gotta work on.

Also, I'd like to start taking requests for things so I can get better. I think I am decent, but I'm definitely still a beginner. So if you want an avatar, signature, banner or something then you can request it and I'll try to make it in a timely fashion.

Last edited by Rapidfir3Pho3nix on 12/3/2015, 1:38 am; edited 2 times in total
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://twitter.com/tjcallwoodhttps://www.facebook.com/TJ Callwood

Re: Rapid's Digital Graphic Art

on 1/15/2014, 9:31 pm
There is definitely an improvement from the image you posted from awhile ago to the Pokémon one. Honestly that Pokémon one is pretty neat I love how you have the avatar off to the side but also have an image of him lowered in opacity inside the bar itself. The ones without the diagonally grey lines in them seem much more cleaner imo also. Do you do forum sigs and things of the sort also?

Administrator
Administrator

on 1/15/2014, 9:36 pm
@Similuo wrote:There is definitely an improvement from the image you posted from awhile ago to the Pokémon one. Honestly that Pokémon one is pretty neat I love how you have the avatar off to the side but also have an image of him lowered in opacity inside the bar itself. The ones without the diagonally grey lines in them seem much more cleaner imo also. Do you do forum sigs and things of the sort also?

Yes, I definitely think the userbars without the lines in them are much cleaner, but the guy that I made them for had a userbar that had the stripes so I threw them in and figured some people might want that. Yes, I make forum signatures also.
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/15/2014, 10:56 pm
Oh snap. The Pokemon userbar definitely looks sophisticated, even elegant. You're good at graphics bro.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Administrator
Administrator

on 1/16/2014, 8:11 am
@Ping wrote:Oh snap. The Pokemon userbar definitely looks sophisticated, even elegant. You're good at graphics bro.

Thanks. I've seen much better looking ones though. These are pretty basic.

Also, I added Charizard X this morning. That's all I had time to create, I'll probably make more tomorrow evening.
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/17/2014, 1:11 am
Man it's all about finding the time. They say make time, but there's steps to do that too : /

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://twitter.com/tjcallwoodhttps://www.facebook.com/TJ Callwood

on 1/17/2014, 6:34 am
@Ping wrote:Man it's all about finding the time. They say make time, but there's steps to do that too : /

Yea I don't believe in that, time is limited for us all you can't "make it" only make due with the set amount you already have.

At any rate I love the Charizard X one too, never did get that Pokemon though.  Sad 

Administrator
Administrator

on 1/17/2014, 8:40 am
I was a dufus. I was playing through my Pokemon X and got to the part where I pick the Kanto starter. I chose Squirtle because I wasn't thinking about how if got Charmander then I'd get his mega stone. I think it's because I already had a Charmander and I was thinking the mega stone for him would just be given to me later, but nope I chose Squirtle and went on my merry way. Then it clicked in my head and I nearly considered resetting the entire game at that point, but I figured I could get my girlfriend to lend me her Pokemon X and get to that part and just send me the mega evo stone that way.

edit: I'll be making more userbars today when I get back from school.
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/17/2014, 11:40 am
Dayum, Rapid. You been holdin' out on showin us your skills.
8-9/10

Administrator
Administrator

on 1/18/2014, 12:45 am
ɹǝɐןןıʌ wrote:Dayum, Rapid. You been holdin' out on showin us your skills.
8-9/10

Haha, I guess so. Not really anything worth showing IMO.

Anyways, I updated those userbars again. I think I'm done with them for now, unless someone request one with a different pokemon. I added Mega Charizard Y, Blaziken, Mega Blaziken, Infernape, Emboar, and Delphox sets.
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/20/2014, 2:24 am
I feel like if you really took the time to make graphics, they'd look seriously good. I see the potential there.

Administrator
Administrator

on 3/22/2014, 9:02 pm
In light of TwitchPlaysPokemon's new Emerald run I present to you yandere May! Lol I have to confess that I did not really draw this. I just traced the outline from a couple of pics, merged them together, and colored it in. I'm still kinda proud of it though so constructive criticism would be nice even though I used my mouse for this. ah well enjoy!

Spoiler:
Administrator
Administrator

on 5/10/2014, 9:55 am
UPDATE: I drew an Eevee!

Spoiler:

Check first post for more info.
Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 5/10/2014, 10:38 am
It look really nice, but i think the fluff thing below his neck is too big.

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Administrator
Administrator

on 5/10/2014, 10:49 am
Yeah, I drew the head to small >_> I would have redid it but I liked the shape of the head + it was late at the time.

Thanks, gran.
Administrator
Administrator

on 11/4/2015, 10:46 am
New Avatar:

I changed my avatar because while I really liked the other one it felt aggressive to me for some reason so now I've switched to this one. Still kept the Typhlosion because he's my favorite Pokemon and kept in my initials, RP. I did this a months ago.

New Rank Bars for Admins and Mods

I got annoyed seeing the text ranks around the site so I went ahead and fixed the rank images for normal members and created admins and mods userbars. Right now the only people coming to the site really are admins and mods so these don't seem all that special but when we get more users posting regularly these will seem a bit more honorary. I chose the mushroom face for mods because I wanted to stay consistent with the mushrooms for the normal ranks. I couldn't think of a different mushroom to use for admins, but I realized that the star actually makes more sense. I also chose the colors based on the current colors that represent each respective positions.
Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 11/4/2015, 11:47 am
You branded your favorite Pokemon? You bastard

made by Knux184

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
Administrator
Administrator

on 11/4/2015, 5:38 pm
@Granadico wrote:You bastard

I know you are but what am I?

Administrator
Administrator

on 11/5/2015, 11:47 am
double post alert. whoops

I made an affiliate banner for us so that we can advertise on other sites.
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 11/5/2015, 12:13 pm
wait we didn't had a banner this whole time?

My upcoming projects

Captain Falcon vs Bang Shishigami: 4%      Vergil vs Sephiroth: 60%      

Killer Instinct Origins: TJ Combo:10%        Dragonclaw vs Evil Ryu Remake: 10%

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
Administrator
Administrator

on 11/5/2015, 2:45 pm
I couldn't find one anywhere lol
Administrator
Administrator

on 11/6/2015, 12:43 pm
Spoiler:
Administrator
Administrator

on 12/3/2015, 2:13 am
didn't know the links in my first post stopped working lol whoops. anywho I fixed 'em
Administrator
Administrator

on 12/4/2015, 12:54 am
Why don't I remember this topic at all

made by Knux184

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
Administrator
Administrator