https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.7.2/jquery.min.js
HomeHome  
  • HomeHome  
  • Forums  
  • MemberlistMemberlist  
  •  
  • FAQFAQ  
  • SearchSearch  
  • UsergroupsUsergroups  
  • RegisterRegister  
  • Log inLog in  

  • This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
    avatar
    Administrator
    Administrator

    Humble Bundle!

    Post by Rapidfir3Pho3nix on 11/5/2013, 10:49 pm

      So I don't know if you guys know of this place, but it's a website you can donate to and receive a collection of games. Most of the time, the collection of games are kinda meh, but some of the times they have really good ones.

      The deal they have up now, is pretty good.

      Here is the website.

      edit: Oh yeah, and you don't have to donate a lot. You get to choose how much you donate, so you can even donate $1 if ya want.


      Last edited by Rapidfir3Pho3nix on 11/5/2013, 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
      avatar
      Rapidfir3Pho3nix
      Administrator
      Administrator

      Age : 22
      Number of posts : 5015
      Registration date : 2009-01-23
      Reputation : 77
      Location : Hollow Bastion
      Custom Rank : wut

      View user profile
      avatar
      Preschool Spritan Lv 3
      Preschool Spritan Lv 3

      Re: Humble Bundle!

      Post by Similuo on 11/5/2013, 10:54 pm

        Wow someone has donated up to $600, not quite sure I completely understand how the service works though ;/



        avatar
        Similuo
        Preschool Spritan Lv 3
        Preschool Spritan Lv 3

        Age : 23
        Number of posts : 627
        Registration date : 2013-11-03
        Reputation : 0
        Location : Hyrule Castle

        View user profile https://www.facebook.com/TJ Callwood https://twitter.com/tjcallwood
        avatar
        Administrator
        Administrator

        Re: Humble Bundle!

        Post by Rapidfir3Pho3nix on 11/5/2013, 10:59 pm

          @Similuo wrote:Wow someone has donated up to $600, not quite sure I completely understand how the service works though ;/
          It's awesome. You donate however much you want to donate, be it through paypall or whatever and the games they have up for the deal at that time is what you get and can redeem to your steam account.

          Also, there's another price that shows like the average donation or something and if you pay more than that, then you get additional game(s) that are usually really good. I just donated and I'm thinking about playing either F.E.A.R or Batman...
          avatar
          Rapidfir3Pho3nix
          Administrator
          Administrator

          Age : 22
          Number of posts : 5015
          Registration date : 2009-01-23
          Reputation : 77
          Location : Hollow Bastion
          Custom Rank : wut

          View user profile
          avatar
          Preschool Spritan Lv 3
          Preschool Spritan Lv 3

          Re: Humble Bundle!

          Post by Similuo on 11/5/2013, 11:04 pm

            @Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:
            @Similuo wrote:Wow someone has donated up to $600, not quite sure I completely understand how the service works though ;/
            It's awesome. You donate however much you want to donate, be it through paypall or whatever and the games they have up for the deal at that time is what you get and can redeem to your steam account.

            Also, there's another price that shows like the average donation or something and if you pay more than that, then you get additional game(s) that are usually really good. I just donated and I'm thinking about playing either F.E.A.R or Batman...
            So if I were to say, donate like $1-2 bucks (Not that I would donate such a low amount makes no sense imo) but I would get a game redeemable for steam just from that?



            avatar
            Similuo
            Preschool Spritan Lv 3
            Preschool Spritan Lv 3

            Age : 23
            Number of posts : 627
            Registration date : 2013-11-03
            Reputation : 0
            Location : Hyrule Castle

            View user profile https://www.facebook.com/TJ Callwood https://twitter.com/tjcallwood
            avatar
            Administrator
            Administrator

            Re: Humble Bundle!

            Post by Rapidfir3Pho3nix on 11/5/2013, 11:54 pm

              @Similuo wrote:
              So if I were to say, donate like $1-2 bucks (Not that I would donate such a low amount makes no sense imo) but I would get a game redeemable for steam just from that?
              Yup. Sorry, for the late reply. And I think they expect people to actually donate around $1 or so, just because it's such a well-known thing that each time they're guaranteed to raise a pretty good amount of money.
              avatar
              Rapidfir3Pho3nix
              Administrator
              Administrator

              Age : 22
              Number of posts : 5015
              Registration date : 2009-01-23
              Reputation : 77
              Location : Hollow Bastion
              Custom Rank : wut

              View user profile
              avatar
              Preschool Spritan Lv 3
              Preschool Spritan Lv 3

              Re: Humble Bundle!

              Post by Similuo on 11/6/2013, 12:01 am

                @Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:
                @Similuo wrote:
                So if I were to say, donate like $1-2 bucks (Not that I would donate such a low amount makes no sense imo) but I would get a game redeemable for steam just from that?
                Yup. Sorry, for the late reply. And I think they expect people to actually donate around $1 or so, just because it's such a well-known thing that each time they're guaranteed to raise a pretty good amount of money.
                Hm, pretty neat only downside I would see are those who don't have a powerful enough computer to run these games.



                avatar
                Similuo
                Preschool Spritan Lv 3
                Preschool Spritan Lv 3

                Age : 23
                Number of posts : 627
                Registration date : 2013-11-03
                Reputation : 0
                Location : Hyrule Castle

                View user profile https://www.facebook.com/TJ Callwood https://twitter.com/tjcallwood
                avatar
                Administrator
                Administrator

                Re: Humble Bundle!

                Post by Rapidfir3Pho3nix on 11/9/2013, 2:56 pm

                  Lol you don't have to have super powerful computers. My laptop is a few years old and I can handle Skyrim on really high settings. I mean, my laptop IS a gaming laptop, but it is old also... But I think a pretty good laptop could play these games on medium settings
                  avatar
                  Rapidfir3Pho3nix
                  Administrator
                  Administrator

                  Age : 22
                  Number of posts : 5015
                  Registration date : 2009-01-23
                  Reputation : 77
                  Location : Hollow Bastion
                  Custom Rank : wut

                  View user profile
                  avatar
                  Preschool Spritan Lv 3
                  Preschool Spritan Lv 3

                  Re: Humble Bundle!

                  Post by Similuo on 11/9/2013, 4:18 pm

                    @Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:Lol you don't have to have super powerful computers. My laptop is a few years old and I can handle Skyrim on really high settings. I mean, my laptop IS a gaming laptop, but it is old also... But I think a pretty good laptop could play these games on medium settings
                    Exactly, its a gaming laptop even if its a little old it still has a powerful graphics card. You're right though a standard computer could run most of them on medium to low settings but then again all someone would need to do is upgrade their graphics card.



                    avatar
                    Similuo
                    Preschool Spritan Lv 3
                    Preschool Spritan Lv 3

                    Age : 23
                    Number of posts : 627
                    Registration date : 2013-11-03
                    Reputation : 0
                    Location : Hyrule Castle

                    View user profile https://www.facebook.com/TJ Callwood https://twitter.com/tjcallwood
                    avatar
                    Moderator
                    Moderator

                    Re: Humble Bundle!

                    Post by SXR123 on 11/9/2013, 4:51 pm

                      I can barely run skyrim on low without it lagging and i'm on a desktop with 6 gigs of ram. You have a computer specifically built for gaming. Old or not, it's still a gaming computer that was made for games and high performance. if you can run skyrim on really high settings then it doesn't really matter how old it is. It's still capable of good gaming.





                      ADOPT A CHAO!!
                      (figuratively speaking of course)
                      avatar
                      SXR123
                      Moderator
                      Moderator

                      Age : 22
                      Number of posts : 11623
                      Registration date : 2010-03-07
                      Reputation : 4
                      Location : You know, a place.

                      View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123
                      avatar
                      Administrator
                      Administrator

                      Re: Humble Bundle!

                      Post by Rapidfir3Pho3nix on 11/9/2013, 4:58 pm

                        Very valid points.

                        But most of these games aren't nearly as system intensive as Skyrim. But yeah if you have an integrated graphics card then you don't have a chance at playing must modern games, so yeah you would need a gaming graphics card definitely. Luckily, I was able to pick up my laptop at a pawn shop for a few hundred dollars which is insanely cheap for a gaming laptop.
                        avatar
                        Rapidfir3Pho3nix
                        Administrator
                        Administrator

                        Age : 22
                        Number of posts : 5015
                        Registration date : 2009-01-23
                        Reputation : 77
                        Location : Hollow Bastion
                        Custom Rank : wut

                        View user profile
                        avatar
                        Senior Spritan Lv 5
                        Senior Spritan Lv 5

                        Re: Humble Bundle!

                        Post by NS01 on 11/10/2013, 11:34 am

                          Batman is pretty damn intensive. It stutters on my rig but that could be the game itself. I have a GTX 670. Skyrim is fine though really, it is an open world but so is Batman. I'm not sure which one is bigger?



                          "On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
                          avatar
                          NS01
                          Senior Spritan Lv 5
                          Senior Spritan Lv 5

                          Age : 23
                          Number of posts : 6080
                          Registration date : 2009-09-07
                          Reputation : 7
                          Location : UK england

                          View user profile
                          avatar
                          Administrator
                          Administrator

                          Re: Humble Bundle!

                          Post by Rapidfir3Pho3nix on 11/10/2013, 1:29 pm

                            Sorry, when I said these games I didn't specifically mean the games that are up right now, I was just talking about the games that they usually host in general. Yes, Batman is really intensive
                            avatar
                            Rapidfir3Pho3nix
                            Administrator
                            Administrator

                            Age : 22
                            Number of posts : 5015
                            Registration date : 2009-01-23
                            Reputation : 77
                            Location : Hollow Bastion
                            Custom Rank : wut

                            View user profile
                            This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
                            - Similar topics

                             
                            Permissions in this forum:
                            You cannot reply to topics in this forum

                            Your last visit was on

                            Current date/time is 4/30/2017, 11:43 am

                            Log In

                            Remember me: I forgot my password

                            Who is online?
                            None

                            In total there are 15 users online :: 0 Registered, 1 Hidden and 14 Guests :: 2 Bots

                            [ View the whole list ]

                            Staff Online
                            Latest topics
                            The Spritas Discord Channel
                            Donate

                            Want to help out the site? Donating helps ensure the site is running as smoothly as possible! You may donate through PayPal using the button below.