• HomeHome  
  • Forums  
  • MemberlistMemberlist  
  •  
  • FAQFAQ  
  • SearchSearch  
  • UsergroupsUsergroups  
  • RegisterRegister  

• This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next

Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Re: Super Smash Bros. Brawl - 3DS - WiiU

Post by BlitznBurst on 10/3/2013, 9:58 am

@5h0ck wrote:you know i've been thinking. its been announced that 4 will have the same number of characters as brawl....so who do you think villager and trainer replaced.

alot of characters still havn't been confirmed or denied
      No it wasn't

Why the fuck do people keep saying this

How do you take a quote that out of context

And Mario isn't a Donkey Kong character

That was Jumpman

Jesus guys get it right

BlitznBurst
      Junior Spritan Lv 4
      Junior Spritan Lv 4

Number of posts : 4898
      Registration date : 2011-01-15

View user profile
      Adult Spritan Lv 3
      Adult Spritan Lv 3

Post by 5h0ck on 10/3/2013, 10:27 am

My upcoming projects

Captain Falcon vs Bang Shishigami: 4%      Vergil vs Sephiroth: 60%      

Killer Instinct Origins: TJ Combo:10%        Dragonclaw vs Evil Ryu Remake: 10%

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
        5h0ck
        Adult Spritan Lv 3
        Adult Spritan Lv 3

Number of posts : 7548
        Registration date : 2010-09-08
        Custom Rank : Tag line? Since when do you need a line to play tag? da fuq?

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnA https://twitter.com/abxelic
        Junior Spritan Lv 4
        Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 10/3/2013, 10:31 am

He isn't though. Not only do they have different colour schemes and names, but Mario can't be Jumpman. If Mario were Jumpman he'd be fucking sitting on his rocking chair chilling out with Cranky Kong. You know, the original fucking Donkey Kong.

@NS01 wrote:
          @BlitznBurst wrote:
          @NS01 wrote:^
          Ugh, and Knuckle Joe too.
          No. He's a minor enemy. Kirby, Meta Knight and Dedede are major characters with actual significance in their games

Waddle Dee is more likely because he's playable in Return to Dreamland, has more potential with his spear-based attacks, and is more iconic to the series as a whole.

Adding Knuckle Joe is like adding the Hammer Bros., and the Kirby series doesn't deserve four reps in the first place
          I can't believe you just said that. Knuckle Joe is also playable in Super Star Ultra.
          Along with every other copyable enemy in the game
          And saying he doesn't fit is the most ridiculous thing to say, EVER.
          I didn't even say that
          Waddle Dee is a fucking boring character to have on stage.
          He has just as much moveset and enjoyability potential as Knuckle Joe, who's pretty much a smaller, faster Lucario, not to mention some of his moves have already been taken by Kirby
          Knuckle Joe is not iconic? I always thought he was one of the best "minor" enemy.
          Popular =/= iconic.
          He even appeared in the cartoon series as well.
          So did Sword Knight and Blade Knight, another two insignificant enemies who also have far more appearances under their belt
          You've seen his assist trophy
          This just proves my point. You know what assist trophies are for? Incredibly popular characters who don't deserve a playable spot due to either lack of moveset potential or not being important enough to warrant one. Waluigi, Excitebike, Andross, Hammer Bro, Lyn, et fucking cetera.
          using the Vulcan Jab. How would that not fit?
          I'm not gonna argue on whether Knuckle Joe would have moveset potential, but this point right here is just ridiculous. How would that fit? Are you just... what? One move in an assist trophy? Are you suggesting that all his moves be Vulcan Jabs? Are you saying him running about punching everything in sight and rushing them off the stage would be a fun character? Argue for his moveset potential all you want, but at least make sure the argument works.
          @YoshiSonic wrote:Dude, ANYONE, can get in smash bros., seriously, Knuckle Joe even was an assist trophy.
          You clearly understand absolutely fucking nothing about Smash Bros. Any character can get in? Yeah because Sakurai adds in random characters just for the hell of it. Who cares about stuff like relevancy or importance or moveset potential or popularity? Just throw them in!
          Ex. Wii Fit Trainer
          You're telling me one of the best-selling games on the Wii doesn't deserve any sort of representation in Smash? Sakurai puts a lot of thought into the roster and who he wants to include and yet people just spout "WII FIT TRAINER LEL" as though it makes their argument. It doesn't fucking work like that. Stop.

Sakurai rules our minds and has confirmed that he doesn't give a care about a character's role in any game
          No

You're stupid

Stop it

(at least for Nintendo anyway),
          What the fuck does this even mean
          a toon link in a background of a train stage? Who cares, just add him.
          Spirit Tracks Link is a completely different Link from Wind Waker Link

Why do people not grasp this simple concept

BlitznBurst
          Junior Spritan Lv 4
          Junior Spritan Lv 4

View user profile
          Adult Spritan Lv 3
          Adult Spritan Lv 3

Post by 5h0ck on 10/3/2013, 10:37 am

....why don't you go play smash and have snake ask otocon about donkey kong. they mention the first donkey kong....in fact the first donkey kong is the grandfather of the dk in todays time.

and pallettes don't mean shit.  marios shirt changes when he gets a fire flower.......but no fire mario cant be mario because his shirt is white.

and marios a plumber not a doctor so  Dr. mario isn't him eaither right.

its called a temporary name blitz. untill an official name is given alot of characters have had temp names.
            also now that i think about it has any official game ever mentioned marios actual age?(serious question btw)

EDIT:

actually blitz not all but some of the assist trophies were ment to be playable but due to time constraints they were reduced to mere assist(the same time constraints that cut mewtwo and roy from brawl and cut sonic from melee and bowser and dedede from 1)

i'm not sure about knuckle but saki, isaic(probably spelt that wrong), shadow, and waluigi were among the characters who should have been playable

My upcoming projects

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
            5h0ck
            Adult Spritan Lv 3
            Adult Spritan Lv 3

View user profile https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnA https://twitter.com/abxelic
            Junior Spritan Lv 4
            Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 10/3/2013, 10:47 am

@5h0ck wrote:....why don't you go play smash and have snake ask otocon about donkey kong. they mention the first donkey kong....in fact the first donkey kong is the grandfather of the dk in todays time.
              Okay do you just lack any sort of basic reading comprehension or something

If Mario were Jumpman he'd be fucking sitting on his rocking chair chilling out with Cranky Kong. You know, the original fucking Donkey Kong.
              and pallettes don't mean shit.  marios shirt changes when he gets a fire flower.......but no fire mario cant be mario because his shirt is white.
              A powerup that deliberately changes his design, compared to a character who has literally no connection with another character besides looking similar?

Those two are totally comparable.

and marios a plumber not a doctor so  Dr. mario isn't him eaither right.
              Maybe if Dr. Mario's name was Doctorman you might have a point

But no

He's Mario in a doctor's outfit

As opposed to Jumpman

Who has no connection with Mario at all

Besides wearing overalls

And having a mustache

BlitznBurst
              Junior Spritan Lv 4
              Junior Spritan Lv 4

View user profile
              Adult Spritan Lv 3
              Adult Spritan Lv 3

Post by 5h0ck on 10/3/2013, 10:56 am

actually i stoped reading when you said mario couldn't be jumping man because his pallette was different.

besides...if mario was never in a dk game....then why in melee does his trophy description say his first appearance was in donkey kong in 1981

http://www.mariowiki.com/Trophy_Descriptions_(Super_Smash_Bros._Melee)

but no with your logic it must just be a careless mistake made by nintendo to put the wrong game as thier mascots first appearance.

My upcoming projects

5h0ck
                Adult Spritan Lv 3
                Adult Spritan Lv 3

Junior Spritan Lv 4
                Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 10/3/2013, 11:03 am

@5h0ck wrote:actually i stoped reading when you said mario couldn't be jumping man because his pallette was different.

besides...if mario was never in a dk game....then why in melee does his trophy description say his first appearance was in donkey kong in 1981

http://www.mariowiki.com/Trophy_Descriptions_(Super_Smash_Bros._Melee)

but no with your logic it must just be a careless mistake made by nintendo to put the wrong game as thier mascots first appearance.
                  Maybe if you had decided to put in say, some actual evidence like that before instead of retarded comparisons like "NO MAN I GUESS DOCTOR MARIO ISN'T MARIO"

Isn't it amazing how much you can accomplish when you quote a legitimate source instead of making fallacious arguments?

BlitznBurst
                  Junior Spritan Lv 4
                  Junior Spritan Lv 4

View user profile
                  Adult Spritan Lv 3
                  Adult Spritan Lv 3

Post by 5h0ck on 10/3/2013, 11:07 am

.....i gave you 2 scources earlier....now whos not reading.
                    I swear sometimes it looks like you argue for the mere sake of it.

My upcoming projects

5h0ck
                    Adult Spritan Lv 3
                    Adult Spritan Lv 3

Junior Spritan Lv 4
                    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 10/3/2013, 11:11 am

@5h0ck wrote:.....i gave you 2 scources earlier....now whos not reading.
                      I swear sometimes it looks like you argue for the mere sake of it.
                      Wikipedia and some random gaming site are not a fucking official source

BlitznBurst
                      Junior Spritan Lv 4
                      Junior Spritan Lv 4

View user profile
                      Adult Spritan Lv 3
                      Adult Spritan Lv 3

Post by 5h0ck on 10/3/2013, 11:24 am

sure 2 articles stating that miyamoto changed jumpmans name to mario isn't a reliable scource.
                        but a desceription from a game that isn't canon is?
                        and before that i even told you to turn the game on for your self and check.

My upcoming projects

5h0ck
                        Adult Spritan Lv 3
                        Adult Spritan Lv 3

Junior Spritan Lv 4
                        Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 10/3/2013, 11:35 am

@5h0ck wrote:
                          actually blitz not all but some of the assist trophies were ment to be playable but due to time constraints they were reduced to mere assist(the same time constraints that cut mewtwo and roy from brawl and cut sonic from melee and bowser and dedede from 1)

i'm not sure about knuckle but saki, isaic(probably spelt that wrong), shadow, and waluigi were among the characters who should have been playable
                          Sonic wasn't cut from Melee. At that point SEGA were still in the console business, they wouldn't have handed Sonic over

Neither were Bowser and Dedede for Smash 64. They were considered for the game, along with plenty of other characters like Peach or Pit, but never made it far past the conceptual stage

Waluigi deserving to be playable is pretty debatable, especially since Nintendo themselves don't give two shits about the character (he wasn't even made by Nintendo but by whatever company Nintendo outsourced Mario Tennis to, and his absence from Mario Kart 7 shows he's pretty expendable to them) and Shadow would never make it into the series at all, even if there was a possibility of Sonic getting two playable characters

And no, random sources that are in no way related to Nintendo themselves do not count as reliable sources, at least in such a delicate case such as this, which is very commonly believed but not actually expanded upon by any sort of offiial source. But thank you for reminding me that Melee actually isn't the gospel of truth, pretty much arguing against your own argument

You did actually remind me of the fact that there have been multiple mistakes in regards to character's debuts in the past - special mention goes out to Meta Knight, who was listed as debuting in Super Star. Way to forget the appearance of one of your own characters, Sakurai

So yeah Shock try again

BlitznBurst
                          Junior Spritan Lv 4
                          Junior Spritan Lv 4

View user profile

Post by SXR123 on 10/3/2013, 12:00 pm

ADOPT A CHAO!!
                            (figuratively speaking of course)
                            SXR123

Number of posts : 11623
                            Registration date : 2010-03-07

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123
                            Adult Spritan Lv 3
                            Adult Spritan Lv 3

Post by 5h0ck on 10/3/2013, 12:12 pm

*sigh* I'm gonna talk about that later.

but right now i'd like to mention something regarding marios age.

as you mentioned earlier considering the first donkey kong was the new ones grandfather, it should stand to reason mario should be about that age too. and on a rockin chair

now after some quick research, wild gorillas tend to have a lifespan of 35-40 years(50 for zoo kept ones)
                              in addition male gorillas reach maturity between 15-20.(females between 7-10) keeping that in mind...its actually possible that he's only 40-50 when he's crazy kong like you mentioned earlier and that our tie wearing kong might actual be only 15-20 himself. with his dad being 35 himself.

givin marios current appearance i'd say he'd be in his mid 30's, and if we keep in mind the short life span and quick maturity of a gorilla. its certantly plausable that he can fight dk's whole family and still be young himself.

Shoot if tie dk had a kid right now mario will probable be 45 by the time the kids as big as dk is now

of course thats just my theory on the matter assuming original dk was born a few years before mario and assuming nintendo let dk age like a normal gorilla and not like a human.

now if it turns out original dk is actually in his 80's then marios age would be nintendo's biggest fuck up.(unless the powerups have a secret side effect that stops the user from aging)

My upcoming projects

5h0ck
                              Adult Spritan Lv 3
                              Adult Spritan Lv 3

Freshman Spritan Lv 3
                              Freshman Spritan Lv 3

Post by Saul on 10/3/2013, 12:50 pm

Sakurai doesn't even want to over-represent his own series. Why should he add Knuckle Joe anyway?

Saul
                                Freshman Spritan Lv 3
                                Freshman Spritan Lv 3

Number of posts : 2676
                                Registration date : 2012-02-04

View user profile
                                Elementary Spritan Lv 2
                                Elementary Spritan Lv 2

Post by YoshiSonic on 10/3/2013, 3:02 pm

@BlitznBurst wrote:
                                  @YoshiSonic wrote:Dude, ANYONE, can get in smash bros., seriously, Knuckle Joe even was an assist trophy.
                                  You clearly understand absolutely fucking nothing about Smash Bros. Any character can get in? Yeah because Sakurai adds in random characters just for the hell of it. Who cares about stuff like relevancy or importance or moveset potential or popularity? Just throw them in!
                                  Lol this guy is saying Knuckle Joe doesn't have moveset potential, and Wii fit Trainer was so popular right? Rob? Game and Watch? Oh ok no? kk they weren't but I learned to love G&W in melee and Rob also in Brawl so why can't Knuckle Joe be loved? Predicting Sakurai's mind will back fire on people, you can't tell what he's going to do next.

Oh and yes If an example fits why not use it?

Oh and I know that Link is from a game 1000 years after Wind Waker, I'm taking about the appearance, how are kids or casual players going to know that? They would be kind of confused if logic works.

YoshiSonic
                                  Elementary Spritan Lv 2
                                  Elementary Spritan Lv 2

Number of posts : 1302
                                  Registration date : 2010-11-05

View user profile
                                  Adult Spritan Lv 3
                                  Adult Spritan Lv 3

Post by 5h0ck on 10/3/2013, 3:16 pm

now that i think about it...he did say their were other characters people asked him to add more than wii fit trainer.

his entire reason for adding her was because he believed she'd be the most unique character ever added to the roster.

that pretty much shows that popularity has little to do with his roster choices.

on a personal note though...knuckle joe has more moveset potential than captain falcon did....hell he was a race car driver, aside from the gun he never uses he had NO potential, they just made stuff up for him.(same could be said for fox too since at that time he's never been playable outside the arwing)

My upcoming projects

5h0ck
                                    Adult Spritan Lv 3
                                    Adult Spritan Lv 3

Junior Spritan Lv 4
                                    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 10/3/2013, 3:19 pm

@YoshiSonic wrote:
                                      @BlitznBurst wrote:
                                      Lol this guy is saying Knuckle Joe doesn't have moveset potential, and Wii fit Trainer was so popular right? Rob? Game and Watch? Oh ok no? kk they weren't but I learned to love G&W in melee and Rob also in Brawl so why can't Knuckle Joe be loved? Predicting Sakurai's mind will back fire on people, you can't tell what he's going to do next.
                                      >Implying that the only thing that matters in Smash Bros. is how much people like them and how much they're requested

Game & Watch is a massive part of Nintendo's history, far more than Pokémon or Zelda. Wii Fit is one of the best-selling games on the Wii. ROB was also a pretty big part of why the NES sold so well, though I personally hate the fucker. You understand absolutely fucking nothing about Sakurai's thought process. You're literally saying that he doesn't give a shit about what characters he adds and just throws them in for the hell of it. The point is to include characters that nobody expects and yet make perfect sense in hindsight, not throw in characters nobody wants in the first place. But no WEE FIT TRIANER SAKURAS A TROL LEL

BlitznBurst
                                      Junior Spritan Lv 4
                                      Junior Spritan Lv 4

View user profile
                                      Adult Spritan Lv 3
                                      Adult Spritan Lv 3

Post by 5h0ck on 10/3/2013, 3:24 pm

...must you curse over every little thing man?

its a video game dude calm down

My upcoming projects

5h0ck
                                        Adult Spritan Lv 3
                                        Adult Spritan Lv 3

Junior Spritan Lv 4
                                        Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 10/3/2013, 3:26 pm

@5h0ck wrote:...must you curse over every little thing man?

its a video game dude calm down
                                          shut the fuck up you fucking stupid bitchass cunt nigger

BlitznBurst
                                          Junior Spritan Lv 4
                                          Junior Spritan Lv 4

View user profile

Post by SXR123 on 10/3/2013, 3:30 pm

I never knew you were so tame blitz.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
                                            SXR123

Adult Spritan Lv 3
                                            Adult Spritan Lv 3

Post by 5h0ck on 10/3/2013, 3:44 pm

you lucky i found that funny or i'd report yo ass lol.

My upcoming projects

5h0ck
                                              Adult Spritan Lv 3
                                              Adult Spritan Lv 3

Location : Ripping your fake cards

Elementary Spritan Lv 2
                                              Elementary Spritan Lv 2

Post by YoshiSonic on 10/3/2013, 3:47 pm

@BlitznBurst wrote:

Game & Watch is a massive part of Nintendo's history, far more than Pokémon or Zelda. Wii Fit is one of the best-selling games on the Wii. ROB was also a pretty big part of why the NES sold so well, though I personally hate the fucker. You understand absolutely fucking nothing about Sakurai's thought process. You're literally saying that he doesn't give a shit about what characters he adds and just throws them in for the hell of it. The point is to include characters that nobody expects and yet make perfect sense in hindsight, not throw in characters nobody wants in the first place. But no WEE FIT TRIANER SAKURAS A TROL LEL
                                                I know the background history, but you just said popularity was one of the reasons Knuckle Joe wouldn't get in. What I meant to say is that Sakurai does the unexpected, yes he listens to his fans, but he does sometimes does something different. I know Sakurai won't add just anyone to Smash, he said this literally, But I think any Nintendo character is fair game as long as they have moveset potential, and Sakurai has a way of making that work. Yeah, Knuckle Joe has a very low probability of getting in, sure, but no one can say he can't. I won't be dissapointed if he doesn't get in, what I'm looking for is Bowser Jr., but people have the right Idea hoping for it.

In all seriousness I am mainly wanting King Dedede as a shoe in, I don't give a care about MetaKnight mainly because he's a swordsman, F the tier lists. I really hope King D3 returns, I loved playing as him.

YoshiSonic
                                                Elementary Spritan Lv 2
                                                Elementary Spritan Lv 2

Number of posts : 1302
                                                Registration date : 2010-11-05

View user profile
                                                Administrator
                                                Administrator

Post by Granadico on 10/3/2013, 6:30 pm

@Mr Lange wrote:
                                                  @Granadico wrote:Knuckles probably, cuz Shadow would be too much of a clone. Knuckles could be a slow power house who can glide but is heavy, like Charizard
                                                  That Bender laughing gif should've been reserved for this post. You are actually suggesting Knuckles before Tails, what the fuck man.
                                                  Tails should obviously be second, but considering how much of a bitch he's made out to be lately i don't think he has any place in a fighting game

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
                                                  But those days are gone
                                                  We can hope for the future
                                                  But there may not be one
                                                  -Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
                                                  Granadico
                                                  Administrator
                                                  Administrator

Number of posts : 12937
                                                  Registration date : 2008-11-18

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Granadico https://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

Post by SXR123 on 10/3/2013, 6:57 pm

Sad but true granny.

but if that were the case, then none of the sonic characters wouldn't make the cut. They're all bitches lately, even shadow.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
                                                    SXR123

Location : You know, a place.

Preschool Spritan Lv 1
                                                    Preschool Spritan Lv 1

Post by Gamer_SSU on 10/3/2013, 7:07 pm

I think it was cool they gave Blaze and Silver trophies.

But ya know who we really need in the Smash bros game?

We need a Mii

Awwww yeah
                                                      EVERYONE had to own a copy of Wii sports at one point amiright? :p
                                                      Gamer_SSU
                                                      Preschool Spritan Lv 1
                                                      Preschool Spritan Lv 1

Number of posts : 162
                                                      Registration date : 2011-02-03

View user profile
                                                      This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 6 of 40 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 23 ... 40  Next