• HomeHome  
  • Forums  
  • MemberlistMemberlist  
  •  
  • FAQFAQ  
  • SearchSearch  
  • UsergroupsUsergroups  
  • RegisterRegister  

• This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Administrator
    Administrator

Re: The Last of Us

Post by Eric on 8/10/2013, 2:25 am

Linear Cinematic limited gameplay, just a bunch of scripted events, do not compare to the original resident evil/silent hill games or any of the good games in the survival genre.
    Reviews are paid up the ass, about 3 games got called the "citizen kane" of gaming, Bioshock infinite being one of them, which is another shitty game that even it's fans say it's nothing like what it used to be, a buzzword that gets thrown around so easily now, again due to paid reviews. These games are ruining video games, their constant attempts at "Cinematic experience" are making people throw out gameplay mechanics in favor of a buttload of cut scenes and scripted events so you can only play the game ONE linear way, whatever way the developer wanted you to play. It's no longer about a Challenge, and tools that you use in a world you explore. No longer do they program enemies to be clever enough to HAVE to respond to anything you do, you're literally just pressing a play button over and over again.
    Sony used to have amazing platformers and adventure games, and this is the modern motto for games, some of them are outright abandoning single player campaigns when they're not half assing it, because people just want their hands to be held, shown a couple of explosions and then told they won. You'll never see another proper Sly cooper, you'll never see another proper Crash Bandicoot, you'll never see another proper Tomba, it's all gone in favor of brown and bloom shooters and "cinematic" story driven games that involve little gameplay mechanic.
    Fuck this game, if i was a note worthy reviewer I'd make it my mission to give it the lowest possible score just to help un-promote this butchery of video games. Fuck uncharted as well it's what started this bullshit but at least the first 2 were ok.

Last good survival game I played was Zombie U and I was really surprised by this. It could have been a much better game, but the gameplay itself was great, it did almost everything right for a survival game. Giant map, lots of exploring for scavaging supplies and finding secrets, and a bunch of enemies laid out that can fuck your shit up, very little scripted events and much more like the original resident evil. The only thing I didn't like was that it didn't have many puzzles and clever ways to figure them out, and your objective was always marked, but you did have to find out how to get there on your own for the most part. It was also a bit too easy, but lengthy so I didn't feel dissatisfied. The last of us is literally just a movie, keep going forward and shoot when prompted, you will never play it twice and have a different experience, I could replay Zombie U a completely different way the second time and that's rare anymore.

Watch your ass.
    Eric
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 4284
    Registration date : 2008-10-20

View user profile ericlorenzomarte@hotmail.com
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1

Post by Goku on 8/10/2013, 2:52 am

@Eric wrote:Linear Cinematic limited gameplay, just a bunch of scripted events, do not compare to the original resident evil/silent hill games or any of the good games in the survival genre.
    Reviews are paid up the ass, about 3 games got called the "citizen kane" of gaming, Bioshock infinite being one of them, which is another shitty game that even it's fans say it's nothing like what it used to be, a buzzword that gets thrown around so easily now, again due to paid reviews. These games are ruining video games, their constant attempts at "Cinematic experience" are making people throw out gameplay mechanics in favor of a buttload of cut scenes and scripted events so you can only play the game ONE linear way, whatever way the developer wanted you to play. It's no longer about a Challenge, and tools that you use in a world you explore. No longer do they program enemies to be clever enough to HAVE to respond to anything you do, you're literally just pressing a play button over and over again.
    Sony used to have amazing platformers and adventure games, and this is the modern motto for games, some of them are outright abandoning single player campaigns when they're not half assing it, because people just want their hands to be held, shown a couple of explosions and then told they won. You'll never see another proper Sly cooper, you'll never see another proper Crash Bandicoot, you'll never see another proper Tomba, it's all gone in favor of brown and bloom shooters and "cinematic" story driven games that involve little gameplay mechanic.
    Fuck this game, if i was a note worthy reviewer I'd make it my mission to give it the lowest possible score just to help un-promote this butchery of video games. Fuck uncharted as well it's what started this bullshit but at least the first 2 were ok.

Last good survival game I played was Zombie U and I was really surprised by this. It could have been a much better game, but the gameplay itself was great, it did almost everything right for a survival game. Giant map, lots of exploring for scavaging supplies and finding secrets, and a bunch of enemies laid out that can fuck your shit up, very little scripted events and much more like the original resident evil. The only thing I didn't like was that it didn't have many puzzles and clever ways to figure them out, and your objective was always marked, but you did have to find out how to get there on your own for the most part. It was also a bit too easy, but lengthy so I didn't feel dissatisfied. The last of us is literally just a movie, keep going forward and shoot when prompted, you will never play it twice and have a different experience, I could replay Zombie U a completely different way the second time and that's rare anymore.
    Holy fuck! What is all this?! Shocked 

Goku
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1

Number of posts : 169
    Registration date : 2011-11-07

View user profile
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by v2 on 8/10/2013, 2:57 am

@Goku wrote:

general opinion of every angst counter-culture teenager

v2
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 5600
    Registration date : 2012-05-17

View user profile
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1

Post by Goku on 8/10/2013, 3:19 am

ʇɹɐɥbǝıs bןɯ wrote:
    @Goku wrote:

Eric has too much free time on his hands to be typing that shit...

Goku
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1
    Preschool Spritan Lv 1

Number of posts : 169
    Registration date : 2011-11-07

View user profile
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Granadico on 8/10/2013, 4:00 am

that wasn't even a long post? it was just a rant, there wasn't much of any actual critical info in there.

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
    But those days are gone
    We can hope for the future
    But there may not be one
    -Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
    Granadico
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 12933
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Granadico Granadico https://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 8/10/2013, 8:38 am

Meh

Although Eric, I'm not entirely sure how one reaches the conclusion of "Sony will never make a good game again" though. It's not as if all these games are handled by different developers or anything, they're all just made by one big nonspecific entity known as Sony

From most impressions this game is either one of the best games ever made, or a horribly overrated, boring game that offers nothing to deserve the reputation it gets, with no middle ground whatsoever

I've looked at this game and don't see anything particularly interesting and justifying a purchase from me

BlitznBurst
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Number of posts : 4898
    Registration date : 2011-01-15

View user profile
    Preschool Spritan Lv 4
    Preschool Spritan Lv 4

Post by NTA on 8/10/2013, 9:28 am

Gotta be decent enough to sell the number of copies it did and not be a FPS game lol. Milestone Serious

NTA
    Preschool Spritan Lv 4
    Preschool Spritan Lv 4

Number of posts : 818
    Registration date : 2011-01-09

View user profile
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 8/10/2013, 9:32 am

Twilight also sells loads of copies

That does not make it a good book

BlitznBurst
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

View user profile
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Eric on 8/10/2013, 10:31 am

ʇɹɐɥbǝıs bןɯ wrote:
    @Goku wrote:

No, it's the general opinion of anyone who's gaming prowess is beyond Call of fucking duty. Any legit gamer and anyone who knows anything about what makes a game good/the process of making one knows this game is nothing but a glorified movie sequence. It literally took away any sort of outside the box input from the player. There is one, constant, go forward "cinematic" path, you are literally just playing whatever the developer wants, followed by cutscene. You're not solving a problem, you're essentially just playing an elongated and very well masked quick time event. The beginning sequence literally sums up the entire experience. Fucking Seth Rogen, who LIKED the game, and isn't a gamer much made a joke about how the game basically doesn't even want you to play it just wants to show you. It is a very clever story given game. But that's all it is, it's a story, it's far from a game. Play Silent hill 2, Play Resident evil, the original ones not the new Actiony african one, and compare it to the last of us.
    @Goku wrote:
    ʇɹɐɥbǝıs bןɯ wrote:
    @Goku wrote:

Eric has too much free time on his hands to be typing that shit...
    That was a good 4 minutes. If you've been on the internet for that long and think that was a lot then you have some sort of condition that disallows you from growing.
    @BlitznBurst wrote:Meh

Although Eric, I'm not entirely sure how one reaches the conclusion of "Sony will never make a good game again" though. It's not as if all these games are handled by different developers or anything, they're all just made by one big nonspecific entity known as Sony

From most impressions this game is either one of the best games ever made, or a horribly overrated, boring game that offers nothing to deserve the reputation it gets, with no middle ground whatsoever

I've looked at this game and don't see anything particularly interesting and justifying a purchase from me
    I made the conclusion that Sony wont make a good game again because they're the ones in charge. They're the ones that fund or at least allow the major stuff. The original playstation's selling points before they became hits and were good to buy simply because of all the 3rd party games, where it's defining exclusive franchises, like the 3 I mentioned. You will pretty much never see those again, because what's hip with the kids these days are shooters and cinematic games that basically hold your hand, shows you a field trip of explosions, tells you to press X a few times so you don't die and then says "CONGRATS YOU SAVED THE WORLD". Glorious games like Demons souls that completely went against that AAA bullshit, will continue to get smaller attention over millions of dollars poured into "The next cinematic experience, uncharted 4, press x to not die edition plus pre-order bonus and day 1 DLC which gives you pay to win weapons". They also almost always come with an online mode just to make sure people don't complain about the lack of effort and content in the single campaign it was meant for. Last of us could have been a longer and probably tiny bit better experience, had they not undermined it for an online mode for guaranteed sales, even they fucking know all they did was make a shining turd. AAA budget games are cancer to gaming, they set the motto for the others to follow so they can sell and now we have this shit. Challenge and player intuition is becoming non existent. Hand holding is the way!

And not to mention, Silent Hill 2 was not only a better survival game but it was a better and much more intriguing story. The last of us is your average soap opera, it's just drama and it's easy to make you sad when you kill off a kid. Silent hill is a psychological mindfuck, it's much more clever. They did it a hundred times better.

Do I really have to mention what happened to this guy?

@NTA wrote:Gotta be decent enough to sell the number of copies it did and not be a FPS game lol. Milestone Serious
    If you think success = quality then I bet you think Nicky Minaj is the greatest musician ever, Call of duty the most intricate and best FPS + game ever, and mother fucking 50 Shades of grey the best book ever.

@BlitznBurst wrote:Twilight also sells loads of copies

My point exactly

Watch your ass.
    Eric
    Administrator
    Administrator

Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 8/10/2013, 11:32 am

Sony's new games they're showing look pretty cool tho. I'm still getting a Wii U, but I'm not really against the PS4. Sony's newer games are looking a lot more inspired than what they've been putting out in recent years.

BlitznBurst
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

View user profile
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Eric on 8/10/2013, 11:48 am

@BlitznBurst wrote:Sony's new games they're showing look pretty cool tho. I'm still getting a Wii U, but I'm not really against the PS4. Sony's newer games are looking a lot more inspired than what they've been putting out in recent years.
    I'm getting a PS4 but I feel like it's going to be a while before they're worth anything.
    And what do you mean Sony's newer games? I haven't heard much exclusives announced for them aside from weaboo JRPGs that Sony and Nintendo get a lot. The only thing I was really looking forward to was a new God of War and the new Kingdom hearts, but that is multiplat so they lost that exclusivity. Most of the new games announced are multiplats. But most of those games are following the formula. I wasn't just talking about Sony, they just perpetuated it the most, even more specifically Naughtydog, who I no longer care for. Microsoft exploded the dudebro AAA title bullshit, but the reason I don't mention them is because they're completely trash now. Worthless.
    New Crash team racing when?

Watch your ass.
    Eric
    Administrator
    Administrator

Preschool Spritan Lv 4
    Preschool Spritan Lv 4

Post by NTA on 8/11/2013, 4:00 am

@BlitznBurst wrote:Twilight also sells loads of copies

The books were pretty good, and and most of the bitching stems from the movies

NTA
    Preschool Spritan Lv 4
    Preschool Spritan Lv 4

Number of posts : 818
    Registration date : 2011-01-09

View user profile
    Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
    You cannot reply to topics in this forum

Your last visit was on

Current date/time is 4/23/2017, 3:40 pm

Remember me: I forgot my password