View previous topicGo downView next topic
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 5/3/2013, 7:54 pm
sonuvabitch

I truly give up. I can't get through to you. I'm seen as an enemy because I'm using basic spriting logic "Do not promote recolors". Everyone attacks me, Jayden and Blitz because we're doing something that's been since the beginning of spriting.

"Don't listen to them, Face! They're just hard asses and don't understand your spriting genius! your effortlessly made character is so amazing and I'm jumping on a hate bandwagon and refuse to do anything else but encourage you! YAY FACE. YOU ROCK. BEAR MY CHILDREN."

Everywhere I've gone, youtube, Novally's sanctuary (an old sonic spriting forum), newgrounds and every site in between them all, most of the users did not bash recolors all of them just encouraged people not to use them.

I get it, you're going to add onto him, that's good.

oh forget it. I can't get through to anyone anymore.

deuces.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2013, 8:00 pm
Nah I've already replied on ideas you can use to improve him.

Ideally, giving him a better attire, or some sort of hair style would help.

Little things like scars, hats, face expressions etc. Add up and change a character from the original sprite you edited.

As I said before, Mojo is a peeeeeeeeeeeerfect example.

SXR you're taking this way to seriously lol. Just chill out son. xD

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/3/2013, 8:05 pm
1st "BEAR MY CHILDREN." Whao there slow down tex.

2nd
SXR don't leave no one is saying recoloring is good but it is A part of spriting.im not saying Im never gonna edit him in fact I just told you I am. but what Im saying is lets all give it A try. not just recoloring but editing this char. look you once Praised mojo as A good fc. well hes not to his core he Is a recolor so is Aege,bolt, All of them but with small tweaks they became awesome chars....Why are you so one sided on this? this char can be too. Im just saying lets all try it together as a community

Administrator
Administrator

on 5/4/2013, 5:25 am
So basically you're just trying to rally everyone to use this character as a base to make our own characters, like how others use character bases to make their own FC. For example, like how everyone and their mom has used Kirby as a base to make their own Kirby FCs.
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/4/2013, 8:01 am
yes kinda how ppl used this for there LSW needs

same thing. But its mostly to get ppl revved up to animate/edit stuff. I really want to contribute something to this place. like I said someday I may create An entire 100% custom for all to work on but for now Im doing the best I can with the skills I have.the ver of this char I came with has so many edits but I dont want to just be like BAM look at this,I want to show you guy slowly the evolution process of a char How little things change him but I want you guys to try too. we all need A kick in the ass the do stuff around here. Alot of ppl edit sprites (kirbys) but thats it no vids or like a 10 sec vid of crappiness. I want ppl to do better and I'll do it side by side with them.Let edit together,lets Animate together.

I could have pick
Kirby
Sonic
mario
Lsw
but I wanted to try something basic,And easy to use. And a char that I thought would not get auto hate As soon as ppl seen him (but I guess thats just A natural part of the process) Its fine I know that me my self can edit THE HELL OUT OF THIS GUY but I want to get more ppl into it. but not to stop there I'll do my best to get them to animate what they created, to keep editing him by showing them that Im still editing him it can be done it can be fun little by little growing into some one Awesome.but dont stop there edit and creating more sprites weapons,effects,bgs,music, ultimately creating our own community.... resource. something the spritas can offer new members that WE ALL created. But....we have to start somewhere.

Administrator
Administrator

on 5/4/2013, 7:03 pm
The problem is that everyone believed you were just saying that this guy was your new fan character despite being merely a recolor. So people who misunderstood went wtf lmao. They didn't understand you were providing this character as a template.
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/4/2013, 10:56 pm
^

What Typholsion said.

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/5/2013, 1:37 am
Mistah_Jayden wrote:^

What Typholsion said.
He doesnt rate being a Typhlosion

He's a Chikorita at most

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/5/2013, 9:25 am
Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:The problem is that everyone believed you were just saying that this guy was your new fan character despite being merely a recolor. So people who misunderstood went wtf lmao. They didn't understand you were providing this character as a template.
yea I got too excited I should have posted the blank char first then post my recolored ver. but Like I said I had been talking to ppl on skype about this so I figured most knew...my bad Anyway Im gonna make a short vid of the swordsmen ver And 2 more Ideas I have just to inspire ppl (the monkey being one of them) then I'll post up the blank ver sheet. if anyone needs help with editing I can do my best. As for me the ver I want to do Im gonna make all his effect by drawing them (stickpage style) if you guys want anything just ask. (I did not make that Fire)

Administrator
Administrator

on 5/5/2013, 7:14 pm

What Typholsion said.

D3Anims wrote:

He's a Chikorita at most

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/6/2013, 11:47 am
GODDAMIT KIXX BEAT ME TO IT!!!!

I was thinking for later on,since SXR was bitchin, I was gonna work on a pixel man

....But kixx beat me to it by months..... Sad

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/6/2013, 5:04 pm
Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:

What Typholsion said.

D3Anims wrote:

He's a Chikorita at most

A real typlosion would burn me to ashes then flip off the ashes, not just flip me off

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/17/2013, 9:38 am
Guys guys relax I like the idea of your character Mad Face and it true that some recolors have shined despite most being hated on. I like how well you portrayed the animations too and id tell you do what ever you think is right. The only thing i may tell you to consider is editing him and making his "appearance" original cuz it seems like thats the only real problem here

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/17/2013, 11:05 am
Why are you bumping this? You'll just instigate everything and bring back SXR. ¬.¬

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/18/2013, 12:28 am
I personally think the bio of this character is great but the design needs to be better man. Give it some more stuff. Idc what but just dont let it be a recolor. Give it something in the design that says "hey im original c:" At first i actually thought you sprited this though. But yeah thats all i gotta say. Inb4argument

Forget all that shit didnt read the shit.
-wasneverhere-

W A V E D A S H B O Y Z

Respect your elders.
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/22/2013, 4:43 pm
seriously the haters on this killed my spirit....A big part of me dont even want to animate anymore...not "just" because of this but other shit in my life too....

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/6/2014, 7:44 am
yea so SXR was A dick about it, but I still want to see if anyone is interested in this Spritas project. you can take it and edit it anyway you want I already have a few Ideas. enjoy

the download link

http://www.mediafire.com/view/e1cj8doy9tkxocq/Komic_(2).png

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/6/2014, 2:30 pm
Face wrote:yea so SXR was A dick about it, but I still want to see if anyone is interested in this Spritas project. you can take it and edit it anyway you want I already have a few Ideas. enjoy  

the download link

http://www.mediafire.com/view/e1cj8doy9tkxocq/Komic_(2).png

Not sure how to make this bigger but I'm interested in doing something with this. Can't sprite worth shit but I figured I can at least add some shading.
Definitely got some ideas when it comes to the changing design but for now I want to see if I can animate him.
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/6/2014, 2:42 pm
VERY COOL! And that shading is Outstanding,Wow what a great job. I really hope more people get into this,it really gets me excited.You got A new name for him yet?

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/6/2014, 7:20 pm
Face wrote:VERY COOL! And that shading is Outstanding,Wow what a great job. I really hope more people get into this,it really gets me excited.You got A new name for him yet?
Nah I don't. I've made a (crappy) attempt at changing up his design. Gonna change the colors and hair later on. Just testing out ideas.
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/6/2014, 7:53 pm
Wow I need to shade em but this was an idea I had long ago

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/6/2014, 8:32 pm
I actually the idea, so I'm taking a whack at it myself

His name is Faceless Jim. He's the biggest otaku, anime watching loser on the face of the planet. He believes himself to the greatest anime character that the world has yet to discover and thinks he's the main character in his own anime. Despite his megalomania he possess a variety of powers such as fire, electricity, super speed, super strength, remarkable knowledge of anime fighting techniques,  and superhuman endurance. He's rude, arrogant, and has the charisma of 3-month old Swiss cheese. He has no redeeming qualities and does not give a single fuck.

I'll edit the hair later.

Spritan
Spritan

on 3/7/2014, 12:29 am
this is just a recolor think of something more original

" />
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/7/2014, 6:11 am
RnR wrote:I actually the idea, so I'm taking a whack at it myself

His name is Faceless Jim. He's the biggest otaku, anime watching loser on the face of the planet. He believes himself to the greatest anime character that the world has yet to discover and thinks he's the main character in his own anime. Despite his megalomania he possess a variety of powers such as fire, electricity, super speed, super strength, remarkable knowledge of anime fighting techniques,  and superhuman endurance. He's rude, arrogant, and has the charisma of 3-month old Swiss cheese. He has no redeeming qualities and does not give a single fuck.

I'll edit the hair later.
That is Awesome, I like that Idea for A char.

twinsplaywarrior wrote:this is just a recolor think of something more original
No,no no this guy is like A Blank canvas you take him And you create what you want. his design is does not stay that way,first you Add the color you want then slowly change his design. YOU make him "more original" As YOU create him. the possibilities are truly endless

View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 3/7/2014, 10:21 am
twinsplaywarrior wrote:this is just a recolor think of something more original

LOL. I FUCKING LOVE YOU RIGHT NOW.

I'm not gonna cause any more ruckus here Face, but as soon as i saw this I just fucking died laughing. Warrior, I love you so much right now XD

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum