Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/7/2014, 10:37 am
@twinsplaywarrior wrote:this is just a recolor



Yep, definitely didn't figure that out two seconds into the recoloring process.

*EDIT*

Edited the hair.





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/7/2014, 6:27 pm
@『Joshl92』 wrote:
@Face wrote:VERY COOL! And that shading is Outstanding,Wow what a great job. I really hope more people get into this,it really gets me excited.You got A new name for him yet?
Nah I don't. I've made a (crappy) attempt at changing up his design. Gonna change the colors and hair later on. Just testing out ideas.

@RnR wrote:
@twinsplaywarrior wrote:this is just a recolor



Yep, definitely didn't figure that out two seconds into the recoloring process.

*EDIT*

Edited the hair.

@Face wrote:LOL I love it you guys have sparked up my creative side....

(Hair is A wip)


THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!   I love you 





avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/7/2014, 6:58 pm
@RnR wrote:
@twinsplaywarrior wrote:this is just a recolor




@Face wrote:THIS IS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!   I love you 

This is pretty cool. If I knew how to sprite I'd probably get in on this action, but I'm excited to see some animations with this char! Nice job, Face.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/7/2014, 7:39 pm
Man you can create so many different versions of this guy its insane





Life is a dream for the wise, a game for the fool, a comedy for the rich, a tragedy for the poor - Sholom Aleichem
 
avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/7/2014, 8:20 pm
I present the new fan character fad.

Will it die out? who knows.







ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/7/2014, 8:25 pm
@Rapidfir3Pho3nix wrote:

This is pretty cool. If I knew how to sprite I'd probably get in on this action, but I'm excited to see some animations with this char! Nice job, Face.
you shouldn't let lack of skill stop you,this sprite is really basic it doesn't take much to edit him I promise you bro. And it wasn't me you guys,these guys they're just putting there imagination to the sprites. And they are doing excellent work. you will see more people will get in on this.    

Silveblaze wrote:Man you can create so many different versions of this guy its insane
I hope that means you're gonna give it A try.Come on bro show us what you got!





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/8/2014, 3:16 pm
Decided to change my ver (for the last time I promise) to A Greek Mythology inspired Char minotaur type person.

based of some darksiders lore,the fact that Im A taurus And I have never seen anyone do A char based off greek...Anything. SO stay turn.





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/8/2014, 6:00 pm
@SXR123 wrote:K then.



This is my new character. his name is Edges. He's a top secret hedgehog created by the government to kill sonic. But there was an accident and now Edges has no idea who he is. He meets sonic and learns the way of a hero. He has the ability to fly and shoot lasers from his eyes, he can also wield fire balls.

He is also dating amy rose.

THIS CHARACTER WILL BE AWESOME BECAUSE I SAID SO AND JUST BECAUSE SOMEONE SAYS IT'S BAD DOESN'T MEAN IT IS. IT ISN'T BAD BECAUSE I SAY SO. THIS DESIGN IS IN NO WAY LAZY AT ALL AND I'M TOTALLY NOT RIPPING OFF SOMEONE ELSE'S DESIGN. IT HAS A GOOD BACKGROUND, THAT'S ALL THAT MATTERS. FUCK DESIGNING SOMETHING ORIGINAL.

Shit bro, this is almost as good as Glay's FC.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/10/2014, 5:53 pm
Human Evee






avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/10/2014, 6:16 pm
ew...







ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/10/2014, 6:27 pm
@SXR123 wrote:ew...
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/10/2014, 6:46 pm
@afromario wrote:Human Evee


I told you that Bitch would have A problem with it.

@SXR123 wrote:ew...

Eat A dick bitch!

@『Joshl92』 wrote:
@SXR123 wrote:ew...
Josh I'll Hear you out What problem do you have with it?





avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/10/2014, 8:31 pm
I'm messin. Sorry Face's son. Ain't I a stinker?

I'll give a little CnC for it instead.

The tail is disproportinate with the body. Maybe make it thinner or making the tail longer would fix that problem. The styles don't match up either, so that's a problem. I know it's obvious, but it looks like you just took bits and pieces from eevee and just pasted it onto here. Honestly he looks more like a fox then an Eevee.

Other then that, I have a biased towards these in the first place, so don't feel bad.







ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/10/2014, 11:11 pm
@Face wrote:

@『Joshl92』 wrote:
@SXR123 wrote:ew...
Josh I'll Hear you out What problem do you have with it?

Its nothing specific. I just don't like the design.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/11/2014, 3:55 pm
@SXR123 wrote: I have a biased towards these in the first place.

Why, this isn't any different then people editing sonic sprites, or mario...or dragonball. Haven't seen you flip over any of the sonic edits on the site.





avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/11/2014, 4:16 pm
I don't know if you read the rest of the topic, but I was upset with face trying to pass this off as an original character.

As I grew as a sprite animator I came to dislike sprited fan characters because all of them are more or less the same. Same goes for the ones that I made that I no longer use. I encourage people not to use them because the majority of them are uncreative.

I was upset with Face for outright encouraging it when we used to tell people that you should avoid fan characters and just make characters up on your own. It brings out peoples creativity, but when you're limited to a certain franchise your creativity is also limited.

A lot of great fan characters could be great original characters of their own, but when you're stuck using sonic sprites, mario sprites, DB sprites or whatever this is, your creativity is limited and your imagination is stuck coming up with ideas for another franchise.

I was essentially upset with him glorifying a recolor and everyone else backing him up on it. Seriously. What the hell.







ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/11/2014, 5:03 pm
@SXR123 wrote:I don't know if you read the rest of the topic, but I was upset with face trying to pass this off as an original character.

As I grew as a sprite animator I came to dislike sprited fan characters because all of them are more or less the same. Same goes for the ones that I made that I no longer use. I encourage people not to use them because the majority of them are uncreative.

I was upset with Face for outright encouraging it when we used to tell people that you should avoid fan characters and just make characters up on your own. It brings out peoples creativity, but when you're limited to a certain franchise your creativity is also limited.

A lot of great fan characters could be great original characters of their own, but when you're stuck using sonic sprites, mario sprites, DB sprites or whatever this is, your creativity is limited and your imagination is stuck coming up with ideas for another franchise.

I was essentially upset with him glorifying a recolor and everyone else backing him up on it. Seriously. What the hell.

When you create your own character you're going to have to create every single pose for that character as well. And unless you don't mind your character's proportions looking terrible, then this probably means you're going to need to research or having a working knowledge of body structure in motion and other things. That takes a LOT of time to get good at and quite frankly no one wants to spend that much time on this, especially since most of us aren't pursuing a career in professional animation and character creation. It's way more efficient and convenient to edit sprites that are already well-proportioned.

Another aspect is the style of your character. Let's say you actually do make your own character and poses and it looks relatively well. Will the style of your character be able to fit relatively well within the fictional universe you intended for him, or her, to be placed in or do you have to create even more characters from scratch? You may not care if the style of your character doesn't fit within the frame of universe you're intending for he, or she, to be introduced in, but some people are perfectionists and notice these differences in style and it bugs the crap out of them, even to the point where they quit the animation. Now what was all the energy and time they put into making their character even used for? Sure they have a character that may be the most original and coolest thing, but it's limited to wherever the creator intended for he, or she, to be placed and even that may not look good.

It's just way more efficient and safer to edit an already existing character, IMO. And of course there are bound to be copy-characters created by people, but I'd say most of them are just similar and not the exact same. Even if on the outside to characters look the same, I'm pretty sure most creators envision their character with different attitudes, fighting styles, and beliefs/morals. Now, that doesn't mean much if they're animated the exact same way and there's not really much you anyone can do there except the animator who should be encouraged to grow and find his, or her, own style of animation. Once that style is found, only then does the true character they envisioned actually come out and there is where you will see the differences in these characters you say are the same. I'm not saying there aren't any fan-chars that aren't the same or very close to same, but I think it's a bit of an over-generalization to say most are the same.

All of this applies to this character Face has introduced. The character may, or may not, be his own but it's how people intend to give life to their character that matters.

And I don't think fan-characters limit creativity. There are quite a bit of creative animations being made with the use of fan-chars whether it's from Kirby fan chars to Sonic fan chars. YoshiF's Felix is a great example, IMO, of the creativity you can have with fan characters. If anything having your own fan-character will inspire you to be more creative. Essentially, the animator his, or herself, if the only limiter of creativity...
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/11/2014, 5:24 pm
@SXR123 wrote:I don't know if you read the rest of the topic, but I was upset with face trying to pass this off as an original character.

As I grew as a sprite animator I came to dislike sprited fan characters because all of them are more or less the same. Same goes for the ones that I made that I no longer use. I encourage people not to use them because the majority of them are uncreative.

I was upset with Face for outright encouraging it when we used to tell people that you should avoid fan characters and just make characters up on your own. It brings out peoples creativity, but when you're limited to a certain franchise your creativity is also limited.

A lot of great fan characters could be great original characters of their own, but when you're stuck using sonic sprites, mario sprites, DB sprites or whatever this is, your creativity is limited and your imagination is stuck coming up with ideas for another franchise.

I was essentially upset with him glorifying a recolor and everyone else backing him up on it. Seriously. What the hell.

I never tried to Pass this char as my own I even linked everyone to where I got it. What you been smoking man. All I said is this is A char that we All as A community could play with I striped him down to A basic sprite And we all could create A char I'll Admit I got over excited but thats because most ppl already knew about this Idea from my conversations with them on skype, And once Again no one is gonna make an entire sheet from scratch LOL boy you must be crazy!





avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/11/2014, 5:37 pm
If recoloring a character, saying "A new FC has entered the ring" and saying it's your character isn't trying to pass it off as your own character, then I must be crazy.

Because that's exactly what that was. No you weren't saying it's of your own design, but the fact is you said he was your character.

I'm not getting into this again, I only come to see what you're doing with it. The fact you took the time to alter it means you're at least DOING something to it.

Lastly, if you really wanted an activity everyone could take part in, making a custom blank sheet with tons of poses for people to edit would be the perfect thing. You're essentially doing that, but using someone Else's character in the process.







ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/11/2014, 6:21 pm
@SXR123 wrote:If recoloring a character, saying "A new FC has entered the ring" and saying it's your character isn't trying to pass it off as your own character, then I must be crazy.

I think you're looking way too hard into this. Not everything you see/read is literal, have some common sense. Of course when I initially read the title yeah I was like OK cool Face made a FC. But after reading and understanding the situation I see now that it's not his own FC but just a template for us to use to create our own FC from this style. And that is exactly what people have done, hence Face's excitement. Of course if you actively look for a reason to dislike something then you will find it, no matter what it is. Don't hate; just appreciate.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/11/2014, 6:49 pm
@SXR123 wrote:If recoloring a character, saying "A new FC has entered the ring" and saying it's your character isn't trying to pass it off as your own character, then I must be crazy.

Because that's exactly what that was. No you weren't saying it's of your own design, but the fact is you said he was your character.

I'm not getting into this again, I only come to see what you're doing with it. The fact you took the time to alter it means you're at least DOING something to it.

Lastly, if you really wanted an activity everyone could take part in, making a custom blank sheet with tons of poses for people to edit would be the perfect thing. You're essentially doing that, but using someone Else's character in the process.


The first sentence I wrote here was " I'm working on A recolor FC." Later on I even Linked to the original sprite. but your right I did say it was my char, but I meant My ver of the char. Like I said Alot of ppl knew about this from Skype And I truly Apologize for the confusement.

I don't want to Argue Anymore, Especially in front of All Our new members. Lets just say this is An Idea you can't get behind.I can respect that. just don't discourage others who want to participate. Thats All I ask.

like I said no one here is good enough to make A sheet from scratch, (that I know of) but Ive learned in the last yea editing sprites is just like Animating.The more you do it the better you get, this was A easy editable Sprite T hat I was hoping could spark something here. I also Have A plan (I talked with Granny About this too)if enough ppl make/Animate with this sprite I will Make A Spritas Challenge Where the best Edit/Animated ver Will Win A Copy of MIGHTY#9 for the system of there choosing. Im just waiting to see how many ppl join in.





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/16/2014, 9:44 am
@afromario wrote:Human Evee


@SXR123 wrote:

I'll give a little CnC for it instead.

The tail is disproportinate with the body. Maybe make it thinner or making the tail longer would fix that problem. The styles don't match up either, so that's a problem. I know it's obvious, but it looks like you just took bits and pieces from eevee and just pasted it onto here. Honestly he looks more like a fox then an Eevee.

THAT'S WHAT THIS VER REMINDS ME OF






avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/17/2014, 9:55 am
Bakumatsu (Baku for short, Bakumatsu is the ending period of the Tokugawa Shogunate and what he's named after, generally people call him "Baku" because that means "The Dream Eater") has a very insatiable lust for more power, more fighting, and enjoys nothing more than overwhelming his opponents. In a way that is similar to a cat's, he loves to play around with his prey since he knows when and how much he is stronger than someone, but when he is on equal terms with his opponent and their power is matched/near matched, he will generally use his psycho powers to break their will and inspire fear.

His psycho powers include:

Dark Teleportation: About a second startup, he uses a void reality of his design to transport himself around actual reality, destinations are the same but in his void he can do whatever he may want. Is not often used in fighting for practicality, generally to confuse or intimidate opponents, usually likes to save energy for attack type moves in preference.

Nightmare Entrapment: Similar to what a genjutsu does, manipulates the mind of an enemy into believing whatever Baku feels to make real and the victim's mind affects their body accordingly, harder to use on those with strong willpower.

Psychotic Manipulation: He may use this move once he's made his opponent's mind weak enough, it allows him to rewrite the way someone's mind works, whether it's for absolute control by making them fully pledge themselves for him, or by simply changing someone's memory into his own creation. There isn't a known way to reverse this, even Baku is not sure if there is any way, the most likely situations would be if someone were constantly exposed to their actual memories on a daily basis, even then it's still uncertain.

The Void Creation: In only a small area at a time he can bring a circular space of his void into reality, this is generally when he will counter an opponent and really punish them for their attack, while they are in the void they will be instilled with the most unsettling fears they can imagine while taking constant attacks. This is often the quickest way to breaking his opponents.

He knows he will never be "good" in the fairest sense, but he understands that he may sometimes have to ally with good in order to achieve goals he may have in similarity. He has tremendous self-control over his dark self embodiment (similar to Ryu's Satsui no Hado at first but later develops a greater control like Jin/Kazuya's Devil modes) and doesn't let it get unleashed unless it's direly needed. He uses a fighting style adapted from Fighting Karate so he will mainly use his upper-body to attack, when he does use his legs for fighting it is very technique-based powerful moves. He prefers to be bare-footedwhile fighting in order to have the greatest grip, he will clothe normally in a suit and dress-pants aswell as dress-shoes, his powers will transport his shoes immediately when he begins a fight. Hey, dress-shoes are expensive man.

Spoiler:

Heh, I'm going to enjoy ripping you apart...

To be honest I think he looks like a cool character, but I may change the back of his hair some, maybe give it more style? Any opinions would be greatly appreciated ^^
avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/17/2014, 10:32 am
Definitely a cool looking character. I'll have to read all his stuff later though.







ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: "A new FC has entered the Ring!!"

on 3/17/2014, 10:35 am
I love the shading And the work you've done on the Fingers, I would like for you to show that same dedication on the feet. Like give him some toes or something Also work on the clothes too A design or even pockets would help. Also AND THIS GOES FOR ALL OF YOU WHO WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THIS,I'M SO HAPPY THAT YOU ALL ARE TAKING AN INTEREST BUT LETS NOT FORGET THE FC RULE HERE ON THE SPRITAS.


https://www.thespritas.com/t1868-this-is-not-a-dump-for-fan-characters

Get enough sprites done so you can Showcase A proper Vid I don't want Anyone here to get in trouble. I know you guys can do it.





View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum