View previous topicGo downView next topic
Administrator
Administrator

Top 5 Favorite Video Game Characters

on 4/13/2013, 12:32 am
5. Lon'Qu (from Fire Emblem Awakening)

I don't know if it's just because he's that silent-bad-ass-sword-guy, which is totally for some reason really interesting to me, but ever since I recruited him in fire emblem, I knew he was going to be one of my favorite units. His backstory of being poor was kind of interesting, although his fear of women is really out of character.

4. Kid Icarus

I honestly don't know why, but ever since I saw Pit in Super Smash Bros Brawl, he always had my interest. I looked up some of his old games, and ended up discovering Kid Icarus Uprising, which I waited for patiently (FOR FUCKING EVER) and had an ultimate nerdgasm before and after playing it.
Also if you see me in brawl using pit you're going to die. Fair warning.

3. Yoshi

I remember playing tons of Mario games as a kid, and for some reason yoshi has always had this really positive impression on me. Idk, whenever I got a yoshi in super mario world, I couldn't bear to finish a level without it with me (even the secret level that requires you to kill off yoshi to access it), in yoshi's story I just couldn't let any of them die. When I saw him in super mario RPG I tried to take him with me BUT THE STUPID FUCKING LEVEL WOULDN'T LET ME LEAVE WITH HIM AND I DIDN'T WANT TO RACE THAT STUPID COW BOSHI WHO KEEPS FUCKING CHEATING AAAAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAH. Anyways yeah, yoshi's rad.

2. Geno

GENO IS THE FUCKING COOLEST CHARACTER IN SUPER MARIO RPG

1. Ogma (from Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon)

Ogma deserves this spot. He's the best fire emblem character of all time. He literally had five or so minutes of dialogue, and those minutes are still so memorable. He has such a cool, tragic, and slightly mysterious background (all that was revealed about him was he used to be a Gladiator, although the princess saved him), yet that was still enough to just go off. A lot of my interest for him was based off of personal interpretations I made about him (I used to think him and Navvarie were rivals, turns out they actually were in the OVA and next game. HA!)

Spritan
Spritan

Re: Top 5 Favorite Video Game Characters

on 4/13/2013, 7:15 am
Sieghart wrote:2. Geno

GENO IS THE FUCKING COOLEST CHARACTER IN SUPER MARIO RPG

This. So much this.

View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 4/13/2013, 7:50 am
Didn't see mario.

I'm fine with this list.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)

on 4/13/2013, 10:35 am
I honestly have no idea who to put ._.

Spritan
Spritan

on 4/13/2013, 10:50 am
Im going through my games......

Edited:

Asura-Asura's Wrath

This character I ultimately related too because he was angry,and so full of rage but in the end he was just I father who didn't want to see his daughter cry.As A father myself I can totally understand I would love to see him in a capcom spin off game of some kind.

Original Jak-Jak & Daxter the precursor legacy

This in a nutshell was my childhood this game took All my fav aspects of all my fav super nintendo/sega genesis games and gave me A great main char to boot. Jak was awesome he was fast,agile,and loved adventure..his char design is still IMO the best very basic,but complex enough to get you into the game sure he matured in later games but the first jak will always be the best to me.(oh yea and he didn't talk A plus in my book.)

Ryu-street fighter

"the eternal challenger" this was a hard choice for me it was either him or the evil ver of him or Sagat or Akuma,or Master gouken... While I do love me some street fighter and now I mostly play as Master gouken from the first time Ive played any street fighter Ryu was my guy.As I got older I read up on Ryu's back story and whatnot,and even though I may have swayed to other chars from time to time Ryu....the man that fights to become strong...fights to know one self....fights himself, for himself, against himself. Ive Always liked that. over time he has became very cheap but there are still ppl out there that fight with skill to them I bring ryu...nothing is more exciting then 2 skilled ryu fighters fighting Against one another....

Shadow the hedgehog-Shadow the hedgehog

(This one Im gonna take alot of heat for) I'll make this short and sweet,I like the idea of Shadow,the entire premise of the char itself,Love to see him in more games, have a 2nd and 3rd game....I could go into it more but lets just say I really like this char.

Cloud strife-FF Vii

From the greatest ps1 game I have ever played...Cloud is a true Bad ass. on this list I struggled with the placement of every char on here except him. #1 no doubt. cool calm smooth Cloud is awesome.and would make any game Ive posted better if he was the main char.Dude rides a motorcycle, got A big tit Asian girl dick chasing him through whole other games..started out as a secondary char on his original game and just took over like a boss.seriously its been decades since the game was released but if square enix put him in any ff game it makes it 100 fold better.

Administrator
Administrator

on 4/13/2013, 6:24 pm
SXR123 wrote:Didn't see mario.

I'm fine with this list.
Guessing SXR's list:

5 K'nuckles

4 Michael 'Tail' Myres

3 Silvurrzzz

2 Sonic

1 Cinos

Spritan
Spritan

on 4/13/2013, 6:39 pm
Sieghart wrote:3 Silvurrzzz

No no no, it's Pothead the Porcupine.

Spritan
Spritan

on 4/13/2013, 7:50 pm
Top character

Captain price

They see me Trollin and hating
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/13/2013, 10:18 pm
Blitz n' Burst wrote:
Sieghart wrote:3 Silvurrzzz

No no no, it's Pothead the Porcupine.

LOL thats fuck up right there...

Administrator
Administrator

on 4/14/2013, 10:33 pm
I want to try and stray away from doing the main character from said franchise/video game. So this will not be my top 5 video game characters of all time, but moreso my top 5 video game supporting characters of all time.

5.) Skull Kid (The Legend of Zelda)

While this may be a little biased because TLoZ is my favorite franchise and Majora's Mask is my favorite TLoZ game...Skull Kid is seriously so awesome. Such a different character, a very innocent guy, just being controlled by the mask.

4.) Ridley (Metroid)

I just think Ridley is one of the most bad ass villains of all time. He's the super space pirate, always seems to come back for another fight. Also, in addition to being huge and strong, he's a genius, apparently able to speak English. That's pretty awesome.

3.) Professor Elvin Gadd (Super Mario)

I'm kind of a sucker for the intelligent characters. This guys particularly, because he's basically made all the cool gadgets in my favorite Mario games. He made the F.L.U.D.D in Mario Sunshine, and he made the Poltergust 3000 in Luigi's Mansion, including many more in other games.

2.) Knuckle Joe (Kirby)

This one, you guys will probably disagree with, but I really like Knuckle Joe. I might have put him up too high, but I think he's pretty awesome.

1.) Zero (Megaman)

This might be pushing it...Zero is a playable character and all. But still, he's awesome. There shouldn't be any reason to explain him.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/14/2013, 10:59 pm
I'm going to set this up later, too tired

Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 4/14/2013, 11:04 pm
lol i'm just doing another playthrough of LoZ:MM. Skull Kid and every character in the game has a pretty depressing story

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Administrator
Administrator

on 4/15/2013, 2:05 am
5. Sora & Roxas

(Couldn't decide between the two)

4. Minato Arisato

3. Yu Narukami

2. Pokemon Trainer Red

1. Shadow the Hedgehog & Sonic the Hedgehog (Adventure series)

Couldn't decide here either.
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/15/2013, 10:06 am
I think you're all ignoring the real greatest video game character of all time here.

on 4/15/2013, 9:31 pm
I'm not a video game guy. The only video game character I have a place for is sonic, but I'll come up with a list.

5.) Mario:

What? Mario on my list? Believe it or not, yes. I may not enjoy a lot of mario games but that doesn't mean I don't respect his character. Mario is a hero, that's all he needs to be, to be on my list. He fights for what's right and is constantly protecting the mushroom kingdom from bowser. He's become an icon of gaming and that alone deserves respect (even though he does hog the spotlight a little too much for my taste).

4.) Spyro:

Spyro, year of the dragon was one of the video games I had ever played on my playstation 2 back in 2000. I got to do everything a dragon could do! Breath fire, fly (sorta) and beat up baddies with my cool dragon powers! Funny thing that, because I lacked a playstation memory card, I never got to actually BEAT the game...

3) Megaman:

Megaman. The blue bomber. He's my other favorite blue dude. I'm gonna be honest with you guys though, I haven't played a lot of his games. the one I remember playing most was megaman legends, the first one on the nintendo 64. I'm sure I'd play his other games if given the chance, but I loved megaman legends and ever since that game I've enjoyed Megaman ever since. (especially his archie comics).

2.) Charizard:

The bad ass Dragon looking pokemon that dominated my favorites list for years. True, in the game he's pretty washed up, but this dragon like pokemon was ferocious, powerful, scary and was just a fucking beast. HE is where my love for dragons came from. Next to sonic, dragons is just my favorite thing ever. I friggen love'em. Charizard was the beginning of that.

1.) Sonic The Hedgehog:

As if any of you didn't see this coming.

What can I say? The blue blur has been with me from the very start. I got my first Sega Genesis when I was about seven years old and Sonic 1 was the first game I had ever played (as far as I can remember anyway). I've learned most of my morals from from this guy here. My favorite game is SA2B and that is the sonic I've always admired.

I've recently been reading his archie comics and not only has it renewed my adoration for sonic, but it's also made him the character I've always wanted him to be.

Sonic's been with me from the start and I hope he's with me until the very end (although I doubt it.).

There's my top five people. rage.

ADOPT A CHAO!!

on 4/15/2013, 9:44 pm

1. I love the soldier, he shot some people but dided and I couldn't play as the same one again Serious

Spritan
Spritan

on 4/16/2013, 10:59 am
My five favourites. There's probaby other characters I would put on over some of these guys, but I fail at articulating my thoughts like this.

Groose
Groose is easily the best Zelda character we've had in years. The only Zelda character who even comes close to him is Skull Kid (Who was already mentioned anyway) In a series where the main character doesn't even talk and doesn't go out of its way to have a complex story, Groose is definitely a breath of fresh air - okay, yeah, he may not be the deepest character to ever appear in a video game, but I found his character arc fun to watch as he goes from egotistical douchebag to a still kind of egotistical nice guy who comes to accept that he's not the hero and can't save the wold - and instead of just shrugging his shoulders and going home, he still tries to assist Link in any way he can. Definitely is far more deserving of his Ensemble Darkhorse position than Ghirahim.

Wheatley
Come on, he's Wheatley. Who couldn't love this guy? He manages to pull off "idiocy is comedy" without making it into an "lolol look at dis guy hes so stupid that's funny right." Not to mention his accent is glorious.

Galacta Knight
I don't even need a reason for this guy. No backstory, no complex character - just pure badassery. He's the strongest guy in the universe. He's like Meta Knight but ten times more badass. He has goddamn angel wings and a lance. I don't even care that I'm being extremly biased here - I don't know why, but this guy always just stood out to me for some reason. If they made a game with him as a major character, I would certainly not complain.

Luigi
Now, I've always had a thing for the underdog character, and Luigi is no exception. To Mario, it's all natural - he storms Bowser's castles, rescues Peach And a bunch of shitty toads) and kicks Bowser's ass. All in a day's work. For Luigi, it's not so simple - he's scared shitless, and still manages to get shit done. He's always trying to keep up with Mario, even though it's obviously putting him through hell. And he doesn't mind - in the Luigi's Mansion games, we see Luigi's determination to save his brother, travelling through an entire mansion filled to the brim with hundreds of ghosts. Not only that, but it's implied in Dark Moon that E. Gadd went to Mario first, and he ended up getting trapped in a painting! Stepping out of his brother's shadow indeed. Plus he gets a fucking adorable ghost dog by the end of Dark Moon.

Dr Eggman

Guy even gets two images.

Oh looky, a Sonic character. I bet none of you saw that coming did you. And it's not Sonic, but Eggman. To be honest, there's probably not one incarnation of Eggman I dislike, besides Shadow and 06 where he ended up taking a backseat role and getting kicked around. From the jolly, affably evil scientist from the classic games, to his more badass shit-gets-done persona in the Adventure games, to his comical but not overly so raving mad scientist character in Unleashed and Colours. Come on, he enslaves animals and traps them in robots to power them. This alone gives him my respect.

Bandwagoning ftw. I'm sure you all really give a shit about my textwall of opinions and large images.

Spritan
Spritan

on 4/16/2013, 3:14 pm
Hmm, Lets see... RnR chooses:

1.Asura

One of the most kickass chacters I've seen in video game. Not only is the guy a super powered demi-god robot thing, he's a super-powered robot thing that can do shit! The guy will tear apart heaven, hell, and reality itself just to save his daughter. He'll kick your ass with only one arm, hell, he'll kick your ass with no arms if he has too. His rage is so strong that it can turn him from a multi-armed melee machine, to a damn god of destruction. The guy can take on hordes of enemies and even God himself like it was his damn job, and then get back on his journey just waiting for someone to fuck with him.

2. Kratos

Yet another bloodthirsty badass! Kratos, the once God of war is an unstoppable, unbreakable, unbelievable killing machine. This guy will break your damn neck if you even look at him the wrong. After unintentionally killing his family while under the service of the greek gods, this guy has nothing to lose and everything to kill. The dude is badass that he escaped Hades four times. You really can't kill this guy. He's got skill, he's got weapons, and he's not afraid to use em! If were to make a team of badasses, Kratos would definitely be in my top ten.

3. Dante
is
You really can't spell "swag" without Dante. This guy has class, style, and weapons! Ever since I first played Devil May Cry 3, I was hooked on Dante. His cocky attitude and saucy one liners really lightened up the dark atmosphere of the game. Not to mention his badass cutscenes involving him doing crazy tricks with weapons and vehicles really shook things up. The guy is a demon huntin', sword swiggin', smooth talkin clown. Just the kind of guy we need in video games.

4. Jak

This two are a crowd favorite. I grew up with the Jak series and I love these two. One's a tough and nimble little adventure who will beat the ass of a lurker 5 times his size, and the other is a loud moth little rat that keeps us all in stitches. Truly brilliant characters, truly.

5. Sonic

Not gonna lie, I wasn't gonna put Sonic on my list at first, but I wouldn't be honest with myself. I grew with this guy ever since Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, one my all time favorites. This blue bastard turned me into a fan with his cocky behavior, fast paced way of adventure, and his ability to transform into the legendary Super Sand Legend Super Sonic. Though his games have sucked more that whore vacuuming in a twister, the character himself was always on point.

Last edited by RnR on 4/16/2013, 3:52 pm; edited 3 times in total

on 4/16/2013, 3:16 pm
before I knew who asura was

he always reminded me of akuma.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Spritan
Spritan

on 4/16/2013, 3:19 pm

The slash goes before the "img," not after.

Spritan
Spritan

on 4/16/2013, 3:31 pm
BlitznBurst wrote:The slash goes before the "img," not after.

Knew that already, fucked up while typing.

Spritan
Spritan

on 4/16/2013, 3:55 pm
No one mentions this guy?

on 4/16/2013, 4:02 pm
sonic is in 3 lists
i am not happy

on 4/16/2013, 4:21 pm