View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Re: Celesticlysm (Project Thread)

on 7/20/2013, 2:38 pm
...eeeeehhhhhhh

Not sure how I feel about this. If the characters had a bit more in common I suppose I could see something working out here, but they're so... strewn about. And working on two separate story instances seems like it'd just give you more of a workload and cause the final product as a whole to seem rushed.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's neat to see some of these guys like Edward and Navi for a change, but in a crossover flash series? spanning multiple episodes and two separate stories? You do get points for not throwing out new super forms or mary sue characters, but I'm concerned about how well you'd portray the characters you have. Especially when you've clearly got a lot to work with.

Guess I'll just have to sit and see where this goes.

If you do end up using any sprites I throw up, please ask me beforehand.
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/20/2013, 2:59 pm
@Lurfleman wrote:...eeeeehhhhhhh

Not sure how I feel about this. If the characters had a bit more in common I suppose I could see something working out here, but they're so... strewn about. And working on two separate story instances seems like it'd just give you more of a workload and cause the final product as a whole to seem rushed.

I mean, don't get me wrong, it's neat to see some of these guys like Edward and Navi for a change, but in a crossover flash series? spanning multiple episodes and two separate stories? You do get points for not throwing out new super forms or mary sue characters, but I'm concerned about how well you'd portray the characters you have. Especially when you've clearly got a lot to work with.

Guess I'll just have to sit and see where this goes.

Oh believe me, on tons of occasions have I asked myself if these characters would really create a good chemistry. As well as these two separate storylines, if I could really keep a tab on them. Hence one of the reasons I've been absent as well.

These are the moments however where I also get the most ideas and inspiration. This is definitely a challenge, but a fun one fortunately. I won't give up, I'll will give this a shot (say a couple of episodes or so). Then we'll see where I go from there.

After all, I once pretty much saw this as training for more serious projects in the future. It might still be.

Thanks a lot for sharing your input, I appreciate it ^^

Spritan
Spritan

on 7/20/2013, 7:36 pm
Im liking it, only thing I would say is, you should try and make some backgrounds on your own if you can. because I don't know why but that background of the ocean,sky, and beach sort of even the bushes just seem really eww. Even if you can't make the best looking seen it should definitely give a better feel, like this is the first scene I ever made, it's not the best but it looks fitting for the character.
my ugly shit:

Also, if you can remember and study the characters personalities and replicate them that would be great and already make me hooked on your series.
Spritan
Spritan

on 7/26/2013, 3:08 pm

Took longer than expected, but I finally made it. I got a lot of inspiriation during the making process and I'm already re-working the first episode.

@AlexTGS wrote:Im liking it, only thing I would say is, you should try and make some backgrounds on your own if you can. because I don't know why but that background of the ocean,sky, and beach sort of even the bushes just seem really eww. Even if you can't make the best looking seen it should definitely give a better feel, like this is the first scene I ever made, it's not the best but it looks fitting for the character.
my ugly shit:

Also, if you can remember and study the characters personalities and replicate them that would be great and already make me hooked on your series.

Yeah well, it may be true concerning the city enviroments and I'll give that try. The jungle though, I'm really uncertain. Unless I find better backgrounds from other games I don't think I'll change it any time soon.
I made sure to only pick characters I know and love (or at least like). So I'm pretty confident I'll be able to stay faithful to the characters personalities.

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum