View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Need some tips

on 1/23/2013, 4:47 pm
Ok, here again, your ignored friend, 16th wheel, YoshiSonic asking for help

I've looked throughout here and it was hard, so I thought, "Why can't I just get all of them at once from these wise fellows?"

(I need my animation done so I need to get better at this)

So lets cut to the chase, IN SEQUENTIAL ORDER!

1. I need to know quality people like background beauty, and that lossless png stuff is helping but not as much as this wonderful animation here,
https://www.thespritas.com/t5711-if-sonic-gen-were-in-sprites#190960
and some users like NSO1 or YoshiFanatic. (I'm not saying tell me to be MistahJayden quality good just these people here, but if you could please tell me .-.)

2.You know that animation above in that link I just mentioned in #1, I kind of need something else from it, here we go, so I've been doing this for alot of time and I'm very confuzzled, when you right click on a swf output, like in DeviantArt or FileIze, and unclick play the animation keeps going like doing this in that sonic animation, unclick play and he runs in place and the amazing boost affect keeps going, how do you freaking do that? It seems like a easy route out of animation or something.

3.Making you're own effects, this one is big because my FC needs some good effects and I need to create some beautiful ones. Like DS does and SquirrelKid did with those PSI volt shots in, Velocity Breaker 2. A link could help.

4. Clear Music Quality, my music sounds bad(alot of static, you can here it but not as clear as other spriters) I use audicaty and when I make them louder they sound chizzled, I need to get them like DS, SquirrelKid and others) Any help?

Info and answers to these questions are most appreciated and links are to.

Spritan
Spritan

Re: Need some tips

on 1/23/2013, 11:09 pm
Just a bump, I still have hope you guys are not ignoring me, links are acceptable, next bump will be in 4-7 days, I know you guys are gonna reply before that...right? Please reply QQ

Administrator
Administrator

on 1/24/2013, 2:44 am
@YoshiSonic wrote:1. I need to know quality people like background beauty, and that lossless png stuff is helping but not as much as this wonderful animation here,
https://www.thespritas.com/t5711-if-sonic-gen-were-in-sprites#190960
and some users like NSO1 or YoshiFanatic. (I'm not saying tell me to be MistahJayden quality good just these people here, but if you could please tell me .-.)
That's all there is to it.

@YoshiSonic wrote:2.You know that animation above in that link I just mentioned in #1, I kind of need something else from it, here we go, so I've been doing this for alot of time and I'm very confuzzled, when you right click on a swf output, like in DeviantArt or FileIze, and unclick play the animation keeps going like doing this in that sonic animation, unclick play and he runs in place and the amazing boost affect keeps going, how do you freaking do that? It seems like a easy route out of animation or something.
...movieclips

@YoshiSonic wrote:4. Clear Music Quality, my music sounds bad(alot of static, you can here it but not as clear as other spriters) I use audicaty and when I make them louder they sound chizzled, I need to get them like DS, SquirrelKid and others) Any help?
https://www.thespritas.com/t1286-splendid-sound-tips

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/24/2013, 7:51 am
Thanks for the sounds, I guess all I need now is how to make my own effects or where a site is that gives amazing effects like ds and squirrel and that boost effect in the link and I guess that's it, I guess. (if anyone has any other ways don't hesitate to ask)

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/24/2013, 7:42 pm
I'm sorry man.. but The Spritas stopped being helpful some time ago.. at least for me.
And since you're asking for pretty much everything. First, have you watched ifureadthisdie's tutorials?.. well, they can answer some of that stuff.

For the effects, search sprite effects on google, there are some there. Search in the YT videos descriptions, some animators put links in there. Browse the webs like Sprite Database and Spriters Resource in every game, some games have their own effect sheet. In NG's, there have been various animators that post their resources, search there too. Also, Leo did a very good topic with all of this, check it out if you haven't: https://www.thespritas.com/t619-leo-s-big-list-of-resources
Those effects you mention.. are pretty much just MUGEN effects. I think this pretty much explains it: https://www.thespritas.com/t1555-mugen-rip-part-1-2-sprites
Just find some Hi-Res chars and you'll have even better effects.
If you want to make your own.. just download a software like After Effects and start watching tuts on YT. It actually helps a lot, but it can be troubles if you don't spend enough time and attention to it.

For the backgrounds.. after you imported your background or the scenery stuff into the stage or the library.. well, look for the bitmap on the library. Press right click on the bitmap and then Properties, there's a selection bar that says compression, just select Lossless PNG and that's it. (I don't know if you already knew that.. but it's crucial). Pretty much, to make it look good, you just have to do that, everything else is up to you, to use scenery that fits, something that looks good, you have to choose from your BG's and set up everything.

To adjust the quality of the audio, just go to File>Publish Settings>Press on Flash> and you'll find this window: http://log5f.files.wordpress.com/2009/08/connect-to-flash-publish-settings.jpg
There you press the "Set.." buttons and you can adjust the kbps (the higher, the better the audio will be). That's pretty much everything, if you Import good quality music or sounds to the library, it will be just good.

@YoshiSonic wrote:when you right click on a swf output, like in DeviantArt or FileIze, and unclick play the animation keeps going like doing this in that sonic animation, unclick play and he runs in place and the amazing boost affect keeps going, how do you freaking do that?
That happens when you use Movieclips. I don't know if it's a glitch.. or intentional of Flash. But when you use a movieclip in the screen, and you stop the movie, the movieclip keeps playing forever.

I know it's a bible, but I'm actually trying to help.. good luck man.

Last edited by GEARichard on 1/24/2013, 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total

Hitlist (not organized):
Spoiler:

- xKAreloaded
- Leo (hopefully someday he'll accept)
- Dabestbrawler
- Exorz
- LightSpriter
- Leaf
- Eric
- SquirrelKidd
- NDS
- Patt (he doesn't animate anymore :'c)
- Pac-Boy (not even active)
- DestructionSeries (not even active)
- Mystah_Jayden (barely active)
- Face
- 5h0ck
- moke311
- Atomic
- Keezy

Everyone here, is considered (IMO), someone with great animation skills. So I want to battle them. Hopefully, it can happen someday.
Administrator
Administrator

on 1/24/2013, 7:44 pm
@GEARichard wrote:I'm sorry man.. but The Spritas stopped being helpful some time ago.. at least for me.
Coincidentally I posted all information included in your textwall in smaller form with links. :U

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/24/2013, 7:46 pm
Sieghart wrote:Coincidentally I posted all information included in your textwall in smaller form with links. :U
He can pretty much just gather whatever info he needs. And remember something Joey, no one asked you c;

Hitlist (not organized):
Spoiler:

- xKAreloaded
- Leo (hopefully someday he'll accept)
- Dabestbrawler
- Exorz
- LightSpriter
- Leaf
- Eric
- SquirrelKidd
- NDS
- Patt (he doesn't animate anymore :'c)
- Pac-Boy (not even active)
- DestructionSeries (not even active)
- Mystah_Jayden (barely active)
- Face
- 5h0ck
- moke311
- Atomic
- Keezy

Everyone here, is considered (IMO), someone with great animation skills. So I want to battle them. Hopefully, it can happen someday.
Administrator
Administrator

on 1/24/2013, 7:59 pm
Gear pls sit.

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/24/2013, 8:54 pm
Oh and 1 more thing, gear and seighart, like squirrel kid, how do you make your own v cam?

I remember there was some info on it in this pkace but when I wrote,"V cam", in the search area no topics come up, do you fellows have any links?

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum