Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20
View user profile

Re: Gots me a Wii U

on 1/2/2013, 6:41 pm
"I don't want it because I haven't seen anything special yet"
ok where do I begin with this statement and people like this.

It's a brand new console. I have no idea how people who's constant argument to degrade a potential console is that there aren't amazing games out yet.
Yet.
YET.
KEYWORD = YET
ITS A NEW SYSTEM, NO SHIT!
The point is to have it so that you'll be well ready for the awesome shit, and you can occupy yourself anticipating all of that playing whatever they have at the moment, experiencing it at a fraction of it's potential, because you know what's to come will be worth it.
That being said, there are a number of games already listed that should be enough to convince you.

It's a video game, it's a hands on experience, it's not a movie.
That being said, you should not be caring about what "looks" more appealing, it's a GAMING console, what will give you an awesome experience is what counts, not how well the game presentation is. Did you go out there and try it yourself, played a demo or at a friends house or something and actually see if it has enough potential for you to want it. This is why Nintendo still outsells the competition yet you wont hear the end of the arguments of how much more powerful the other consoles are.

You've been so conditioned to advertisement you don't know how subconsciously it affected you. Seriously, sit there and think about this. You care about is how good the commercial is, how many explosions can they fit into the screen to make me say "wow" before I buy this game, you forgot where it counts and it's in the gameplay, not how shiny (graphics) it is or how convincing (commercials) it is. This applies for any product at all (you probably wouldn't buy or even notice something you haven't seen a commercial for), but no need to go there.

I hate this skepticism in all fields, because I know this shit is gonna be everywhere when the new Microsoft and Sony consoles are gonna come out. Funny enough though, 90% of the negative speculation will be completely biased shit coming from both sides. All of the skepticism considered for the Wii U will be thrown out the window, it's Sony and Microsoft, it'll be good, awe inspiring, and amazing and better than the others, no matter how much it isn't. So both sides will be at each others necks

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 7591
Registration date : 2010-09-08
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 1/2/2013, 6:52 pm
@Eric wrote:how many explosions can they fit into the screen to make me say "wow" before I buy this game.

and just like that i remember every Call of Duty cermercial.

not gonna lie though, i did watch 30 minutes of actual, not a cermercial, gameplay footage, of black ops 2, and I was impressed(and I don't even like cod)

anyways if your skepticle about what games are good thats what demos/renting is for,(or watching playthroughs....usually works for me)
Not just call of duty.

Last edited by 5h0ck on 1/2/2013, 7:02 pm; edited 2 times in total

My upcoming projects

Captain Falcon vs Bang Shishigami: 4%      Vergil vs Sephiroth: 60%      

Killer Instinct Origins: TJ Combo:10%        Dragonclaw vs Evil Ryu Remake: 10%

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4284
Registration date : 2008-10-20
View user profile

on 1/2/2013, 6:54 pm
If there is any moment in the game with explosions, expect it to be in the commercial.
A lot.

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 113
Registration date : 2012-12-18
View user profile

on 1/2/2013, 10:33 pm
Hmmm... Let's see here.

@Eric wrote:
It's a brand new console. I have no idea how people who's constant argument to degrade a potential console is that there aren't amazing games out yet.
Yet.
YET.
KEYWORD = YET
ITS A NEW SYSTEM, NO SHIT!
The point is to have it so that you'll be well ready for the awesome shit, and you can occupy yourself anticipating all of that playing whatever they have at the moment, experiencing it at a fraction of it's potential, because you know what's to come will be worth it.
That being said, there are a number of games already listed that should be enough to convince you.

I don't know about you or the others here, but I will not waste my money on something that MIGHT turn out amazing. Any damn thing that's new has potential to be great, whether it reaches that potential or not is what matters to me, not the possibility it might.

A number of games that should be enough to convince me... If you're referring to the games Shock listed majority of those are third parties games I can easily get on my ps3, without having to buy a new console. As I've said the only games that I simply want that are on this console are Rayman and Scribblenauts. And I'm not buying a console for just 2 games.

@Eric wrote:It's a video game, it's a hands on experience, it's not a movie.
That being said, you should not be caring about what "looks" more appealing, it's a GAMING console, what will give you an awesome experience is what counts, not how well the game presentation is. Did you go out there and try it yourself, played a demo or at a friends house or something and actually see if it has enough potential for you to want it. This is why Nintendo still outsells the competition yet you wont hear the end of the arguments of how much more powerful the other consoles are.

Who said anything about looks? Tons of retailers have the console up to play and I've tried it. So yes I have experienced it. I can see that I may like it, but right now it doesn't excite me, that's all I'm saying.

@Eric wrote:You've been so conditioned to advertisement you don't know how subconsciously it affected you. Seriously, sit there and think about this. You care about is how good the commercial is, how many explosions can they fit into the screen to make me say "wow" before I buy this game, you forgot where it counts and it's in the gameplay, not how shiny (graphics) it is or how convincing (commercials) it is. This applies for any product at all (you probably wouldn't buy or even notice something you haven't seen a commercial for), but no need to go there.

Again, I don't know where this is coming from cuz I never implied anything like this. I care little for advertisement, since this things been announced I've been following it, seeing if it has what it takes to be a great start to the nextgen. I keep telling myself I want to be excited for this but I just can't yet, sure I may be someday, if they reach that potential, but as of now I'm not.

And lol... What do you think I am 12? I'm not looking for explosions or huge set piece moments or GRITTY EDGY HARDCORE ZOMGZ!! 11!!1 Like you seem to think. I mean, look at the two bloody games I said I wanted on this console, both completely have nothing to do with looking flashy. They are just great ass games, that's what attracts me, not explosions.

@Eric wrote:I hate this skepticism in all fields, because I know this shit is gonna be everywhere when the new Microsoft and Sony consoles are gonna come out. Funny enough though, 90% of the negative speculation will be completely biased shit coming from both sides. All of the skepticism considered for the Wii U will be thrown out the window, it's Sony and Microsoft, it'll be good, awe inspiring, and amazing and better than the others, no matter how much it isn't. So both sides will be at each others necks
This always happens and always will, nothing will change that. Doesn't mean it has to affect you in anyway

Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4464
Registration date : 2010-10-23
View user profile

on 1/4/2013, 2:16 am
So things such as Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Bayonetta 2, Dragon Quest X, etc. don't make you think the console is amazing? Not to mention the growing games on the EShop they have. I would understand waiting for a price drop (even though that's not happening for a wile since they're already losing money each sale), but saying no games interest you with all the good games coming to the console is weird.
Spritan
Spritan
View user profile

on 1/4/2013, 6:50 am
@narutoall76 wrote:So things such as Pikmin 3, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Bayonetta 2, Dragon Quest X, etc. don't make you think the console is amazing? Not to mention the growing games on the EShop they have. I would understand waiting for a price drop (even though that's not happening for a wile since they're already losing money each sale), but saying no games interest you with all the good games coming to the console is weird.

The only thing that slightly interests me in that list is Bayonetta 2. Ive never really been into Pikmin, and Monster Hunter, or Dragon Quest. And like I said before, I'm not buying a console for just 2-3 games. When their library grows and there's more games out for it that interest me then I can consider it.

Games alone aren't the only thing that make a console amazing anyways.
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4898
Registration date : 2011-01-15
View user profile

on 1/4/2013, 9:35 am
Because I don't want to buy a console when there aren't any games worth buying it for. There are plenty of other things I could be spending my money on and there's no point in letting it sit in my room collecting dust for a month. Besides, this builds up hype and gives me a larger game library when I do eventually buy the console.

Spritan
Spritan
View user profile

on 1/4/2013, 12:43 pm
Blitz n' Burst wrote:Because I don't want to buy a console when there aren't any games worth buying it for. There are plenty of other things I could be spending my money on and there's no point in letting it sit in my room collecting dust for a month. Besides, this builds up hype and gives me a larger game library when I do eventually buy the console.

This is basically what I've been trying to tell these guys. I never really find it wise to buy any big product like this during release, lack of games is one thing, but there's also all the kinks they still gotta work out before the system gets close to perfect. Like the 360 and all the red ring nonsense, the Wii and it's remotes being thrown into people and TVs and such, and I don't remember the PS3's release issue but there is always something wrong during release for things like this. That's why it's better to wait regardless.
Spritan
Spritan
View user profile

on 1/4/2013, 12:52 pm
How the fuck do you fix people throwing the Wii remote. That doesn't even make sense.

Spritan
Spritan
View user profile

on 1/4/2013, 1:15 pm
Blitz n' Burst wrote:How the fuck do you fix people throwing the Wii remote. That doesn't even make sense.

They never used to come with the wrist straps, and they didn't have those warning messages in the beginning of every game. Now they do, problem solved.
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 4464
Registration date : 2010-10-23
View user profile

on 1/4/2013, 2:37 pm
Well I'm pretty sure no one is going to throw the gamepad at the screen/people. Unless they're stupid.
Number of posts : 3515
Registration date : 2008-11-04
View user profile

on 1/4/2013, 3:42 pm
I would only really get this when they release Legend of Zelda, Metroid, Mario, Star Fox, and any other great Nintendo games I'm missing. (I never played Pikman).
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 1/4/2013, 9:31 pm
@SpiralWarrior wrote:
Blitz n' Burst wrote:How the fuck do you fix people throwing the Wii remote. That doesn't even make sense.

They never used to come with the wrist straps, and they didn't have those warning messages in the beginning of every game

yes they did,

people just swang harder than the straps could handle,

as for ps3...it was just overpriced...but they got hack liked 1 or 2 years ago and psn was down for a few months.

and as for the third party games,

the ones i've seen have alot of extra content thats not on the ps3/xbox versions. making the wiiu version the better choice(especially ninja gaiden that has the most differences(that i'm aware of)

My upcoming projects

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 12942
Registration date : 2008-11-18
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 1/5/2013, 12:20 am
lol i remember one time my wii mote got out of control, it hit the roof

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/5/2013, 12:57 am
..that sounds more like your arm got out of control to me

My upcoming projects

Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 1/5/2013, 1:11 am
@5h0ck wrote:..that sounds more like your arm got out of control to me
i was playing wii bowling and when i swung it slipped and flew straight up

made by Knux184

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 1514
Registration date : 2011-12-10
View user profile

on 2/13/2013, 7:25 pm
Gots me a wiiu too Very Happy

Fc: 4184-3289-5900
Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 13137
Registration date : 2009-03-28
View user profile

on 2/13/2013, 10:30 pm
I'm finna get myself one of these bad boys too.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan
View user profile

on 2/15/2013, 5:54 pm
I've sent you guys friend request (eric, Luigi, chris) if i'm missing or skipped out on anybody let me know or just add me AnimeSpriter74

i only got nintendo land and sonic all star racers transformed for now since it came with le deluxe BLACK version

"no racism intended"

Spritan
Spritan
View user profile

on 2/15/2013, 5:59 pm
From what we know so far, Nintendo is going to have one hell of an E3 this year, so I think the Wii U will have a pretty bitching game library by then.

Administrator
Administrator
Number of posts : 4788
Registration date : 2009-01-23
View user profile

on 2/15/2013, 8:22 pm
I really want a Wii U. Lmao, my friends would judge me though. xD

One friend is seriously biased and only like Playstation. He even acknowledges the fact but doesn't care to change his opinion. But I really don't care much of what he thinks a lot of the times since he's mostly a casual gamer.

My other friend on the other hand is a real gamer, like myself, but he honestly doesn't believe the Wii U is a next gen console. He says that it can't be because there are games that look worse on the Wii U than the X360/PS3 counterpart. I've told him that's true but only because those people who made the ports didn't collaborate with Nintendo to properly grasp the power of the Wii U. He doesn't care and still doesn't accept the Wii U as a next gen console even though it really is.
Administrator
Administrator

on 2/15/2013, 8:27 pm
That's why. Its not Nintendo's fault, its the stupid 3rd party games' fault. They just whore out games with some stupid party gimmick and there's so many more of those than the actually really good games. If all games were as good as 1st party games then Wii would be so much better

made by Knux184

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 6080
Registration date : 2009-09-07
View user profile

on 2/15/2013, 8:41 pm
Yeah man. Super Mario. Zelda. Kirby. All that shizz. That's all I want.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Spritan
Spritan
Number of posts : 2676
Registration date : 2012-02-04
View user profile

on 2/16/2013, 7:05 am
Everybody is here talking about WiiU friend requests and i'm here playing MKWii :C
I need to wait till mah Birth D':
Edit: Oh... 2000 posts btw

Spritan
Spritan
View user profile

on 2/16/2013, 3:52 pm
Saulgp wrote:Everybody is here talking about WiiU friend requests and i'm here playing MKWii :C
I need to wait till mah Birth D':
Edit: Oh... 2000 posts btw

i never ended up getting that game
well i guess i got to smash you in a different game

guys is it me or the wiiu gamepad has a short battery lifespan

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum