Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Animation problem.

on 8/13/2012, 11:59 pm
Hello there guys, im kinda new to this forum, and im having an issue with Animation, but not really an issue with program, its just a question that i want to hear the opinion of you guys.
I know how to animate stuff like sprites on Flash 8 Pro like most you i suppose. My question is : Is it possible to learn how to draw sprites from scratch? or even just do custom poses? What I mean by this question is that, I dont have any draw skill, i really dont know how to draw not even on paper cause i dont have the ability to. I know some ppl are borned with this skill, but never heard of someone that learned how to draw if you know what i mean. Ive been talking with friends and family but their awsners are like : You need to be borned with that skill. So i guess it would be very hard to learn it. Sprites = You need to know how to draw paper first? I mean normal draw not a pixelized sprite. Its kinda confuse for me. Sometimes I start an animation, i reach a certain point where i imagine a scene on my head but i cant put it into animation cause i dont have the ability of drawing sprites not even a custom little pose.

Some ppl say, just get a Spriter, and just give him credit for it. Okay i understand that, but i dont want to count with a person, i rather learn it if its possible.
For me, if you dont know how to do custom poses (sprites that dont exist) theres no point in doing flash, cause theres gonna be always that point where u get out of ideas cause you imagine something and you cant do it. I wanna hear your opinion guys. Thanks in advance.
avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/14/2012, 12:37 am
I would seriously say something about this, but I'm tired, I've got things to do tomorrow and I can't be bothered with it.

But what I can say is that this belongs in the animation help section, which has been hidden from view for those with posts under 100. mostly due to the fact that you'll probably just take our advice and leave.







ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/14/2012, 2:06 am
>Number of posts: 1
See my ideas aren't bad at all





avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/14/2012, 11:02 am
@Animator-Karn wrote:My question is : Is it possible to learn how to draw sprites from scratch?
Yes.

@Animator-Karn wrote:What I mean by this question is that, I dont have any draw skill, i really dont know how to draw not even on paper cause i dont have the ability to. I know some ppl are borned with this skill, but never heard of someone that learned how to draw if you know what i mean.Ive been talking with friends and family but their awsners are like : You need to be borned with that skill.
No one is "borned" or even born with drawing skills. Yes, there's some folks who are more talented, but that doesn't mean you can't learn how to draw/make sprites.
For instance, I am LEARNING how to draw. I don't have any talent, I just study and practice it everyday.

@Animator-Karn wrote:Sprites = You need to know how to draw paper first?
I would say yes, but some do disagree and say that you don't need to. Well, I think the two are related and you should learn how to draw first, I think that the only differences between drawings and sprites are that sprites are super tiny and waaaaaaayyyy more precise. But the same skills apply, just on a smaller scale (well this depends on the sprite, obviously. Some sprites are actually kinda big).

@Animator-Karn wrote:For me, if you dont know how to do custom poses (sprites that dont exist) theres no point in doing flash, cause theres gonna be always that point where u get out of ideas cause you imagine something and you cant do it.
I remember Jayden saying this sometimes. For super basic animations you probably don't need to, but as you get more and more complex with them, you'll need that knowledge.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/14/2012, 11:26 am
DBB and Jayden are the go to guys for spriting from scratch.





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/14/2012, 12:20 pm
@D3Anims wrote:DBB and Jayden are the go to guys for spriting from scratch.

He may not know who DBB is because you shortened it, sorry. Search Dabestbrawler on members tab and pm him on how to start from scratch (I dont know who Jayden is D3 can you say his name on spritas for this guy?)





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/14/2012, 1:13 pm
MistahJayden and Dabestbrawler. But they're rarely online anymore, so you may wanna check their youtubes





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/14/2012, 2:08 pm
@D3Anims wrote:MistahJayden and Dabestbrawler. But they're rarely online anymore, so you may wanna check their youtubes
DBB is active on skype..and shit





Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB

avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/14/2012, 6:35 pm
Jayden is probably active on DBZVortex, I think.

Still, they won't give you magical dust that you can eat and become a master.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/14/2012, 7:32 pm
@Leo wrote:Jayden is probably active on DBZVortex, I think.

Still, they won't give you magical dust that you can eat and become a master.

True, but advice is always good





avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/16/2012, 11:34 am
Hey SXR I like how you say this is in the wrong section but you don't move it





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/16/2012, 1:02 pm
Thats cuz I said not to keep it there





avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/18/2012, 11:30 am
And your input has what significance?





avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/18/2012, 12:47 pm
Sieghart wrote:And your input has what significance?
He should be the new admin!



avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/18/2012, 1:16 pm
BDBstriker wrote:
Sieghart wrote:And your input has what significance?
He should be the new admin!
Hey faggot
stfu
Ain't no one want to hear yo dumb ass bitchiness





avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/18/2012, 1:20 pm
Isn't Animation Help in Animations Center? He can go there no matter how many posts he has so the post limit thing doesn't matter right?





made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/18/2012, 1:48 pm
While the two are connected they're not tthe same thing. I consider myself a pretty good spriter and I can't draw for shit. Then again I just draw some lines and hope it looks good. I'd probably be a lot better if I practiced and took my time. Or not.

I don't care .





avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/18/2012, 7:11 pm
Blitz n' Burst wrote:While the two are connected they're not tthe same thing. I consider myself a pretty good spriter and I can't draw for shit. Then again I just draw some lines and hope it looks good. I'd probably be a lot better if I practiced and took my time. Or not.

I don't care .

well when you can draw you have more control over your crap
also
it shows when you have to deal with backgrounds and bigger sprites so yeah

go learn how to draw, kids
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/18/2012, 9:02 pm
Sieghart wrote:
BDBstriker wrote:
Sieghart wrote:And your input has what significance?
He should be the new admin!
Hey faggot
stfu
Ain't no one want to hear yo dumb ass bitchiness

Just noticed your name isnt in read. FIX THAT FOOL!!!





avatar
Administrator
Administrator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Animation problem.

on 8/18/2012, 11:53 pm
I'm not an admin ;-;





View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum