Share
View previous topicGo downView next topic
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/25/2012, 1:22 am
blitzkrieg667 wrote:And at what point did I even say it was meant to look like Sonic Advance sprites. I know full well it doesn't look like them. That's the point, really.

Besides that I don't really like the shading in the Advance sprites anyway. It looks like they just put blobs of shadow on his head and called it a day.

Battle was better with its shading but that's a completely different style.

Also HOW CAN YOU SAY IT'S NOT SHADED LIKE A SONIC SPRITE. There are at least three different types of Sonic sprite.

He's jelly.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/25/2012, 2:41 am
Kane wrote:
blitzkrieg667 wrote:And at what point did I even say it was meant to look like Sonic Advance sprites. I know full well it doesn't look like them. That's the point, really.

Besides that I don't really like the shading in the Advance sprites anyway. It looks like they just put blobs of shadow on his head and called it a day.

Battle was better with its shading but that's a completely different style.

Also HOW CAN YOU SAY IT'S NOT SHADED LIKE A SONIC SPRITE. There are at least three different types of Sonic sprite.

He's jelly.

No, I just don't understand how when I make shading errors I get chewed out, and this guy does the same thing but gets praise.





AaronKun wrote:I don't like The Spritas. It's not the people on Skype, it's usually everyone else. Why? I loved The Spritas, but I despise what it has become. A place for hatred, fighting, arguing and trolling. Let me out and ban me. If you can, quote this as my signature so all my past posts will reflect this. Thanks.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/25/2012, 3:20 am
Lock this shit, since nobody likes it why keep working?
(And yes, double-posting Ftw)





AaronKun wrote:I don't like The Spritas. It's not the people on Skype, it's usually everyone else. Why? I loved The Spritas, but I despise what it has become. A place for hatred, fighting, arguing and trolling. Let me out and ban me. If you can, quote this as my signature so all my past posts will reflect this. Thanks.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/28/2012, 4:03 pm
AaronKun wrote:
Kane wrote:
blitzkrieg667 wrote:And at what point did I even say it was meant to look like Sonic Advance sprites. I know full well it doesn't look like them. That's the point, really.

Besides that I don't really like the shading in the Advance sprites anyway. It looks like they just put blobs of shadow on his head and called it a day.

Battle was better with its shading but that's a completely different style.

Also HOW CAN YOU SAY IT'S NOT SHADED LIKE A SONIC SPRITE. There are at least three different types of Sonic sprite.

He's jelly.

No, I just don't understand how when I make shading errors I get chewed out, and this guy does the same thing but gets praise.

Where the fuck did I make an error. You didn't point out a single flaw in the shading and yet you're complaining that I get praise for making shading errors that you haven't even brought up until now.

And no, "It's not shaded like Sonic Advance sprites" is not a legitimate flaw, that's just stupid.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/28/2012, 4:36 pm
blitzkrieg667 wrote:
AaronKun wrote:
Kane wrote:
blitzkrieg667 wrote:And at what point did I even say it was meant to look like Sonic Advance sprites. I know full well it doesn't look like them. That's the point, really.

Besides that I don't really like the shading in the Advance sprites anyway. It looks like they just put blobs of shadow on his head and called it a day.

Battle was better with its shading but that's a completely different style.

Also HOW CAN YOU SAY IT'S NOT SHADED LIKE A SONIC SPRITE. There are at least three different types of Sonic sprite.

He's jelly.

No, I just don't understand how when I make shading errors I get chewed out, and this guy does the same thing but gets praise.

Where the fuck did I make an error. You didn't point out a single flaw in the shading and yet you're complaining that I get praise for making shading errors that you haven't even brought up until now.

And no, "It's not shaded like Sonic Advance sprites" is not a legitimate flaw, that's just stupid.

It being shaded unlike the official sprites is a flaw, whether you like it or not. Deal with it.





AaronKun wrote:I don't like The Spritas. It's not the people on Skype, it's usually everyone else. Why? I loved The Spritas, but I despise what it has become. A place for hatred, fighting, arguing and trolling. Let me out and ban me. If you can, quote this as my signature so all my past posts will reflect this. Thanks.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/28/2012, 4:45 pm
AaronKun wrote:
blitzkrieg667 wrote:
AaronKun wrote:
Kane wrote:
blitzkrieg667 wrote:And at what point did I even say it was meant to look like Sonic Advance sprites. I know full well it doesn't look like them. That's the point, really.

Besides that I don't really like the shading in the Advance sprites anyway. It looks like they just put blobs of shadow on his head and called it a day.

Battle was better with its shading but that's a completely different style.

Also HOW CAN YOU SAY IT'S NOT SHADED LIKE A SONIC SPRITE. There are at least three different types of Sonic sprite.

He's jelly.

No, I just don't understand how when I make shading errors I get chewed out, and this guy does the same thing but gets praise.

Where the fuck did I make an error. You didn't point out a single flaw in the shading and yet you're complaining that I get praise for making shading errors that you haven't even brought up until now.

And no, "It's not shaded like Sonic Advance sprites" is not a legitimate flaw, that's just stupid.

It being shaded unlike the official sprites is a flaw, whether you like it or not. Deal with it.

But THERE IS NO ONE OFFICIAL STYLE OF SPRITE.

Just compare Sonic 1 and 2 to Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Then compare those to Sonic Advance.

Besides that, by your own logic every single Sonic sprite ever made by anyone on the fucking internet needs to be made like "official Sonic sprites" otherwise it automatically sucks because fuck knows why.

For fucks sake, how the hell does that make any sense to you whatsoever. Your sprites don't even resemble the Sonic Advance sprites anyway so I don't see why you seem to think it's such a bad thing that I have my own fucking style instead of trying to make my sprites a carbon copy of pre-existing art.

Fuck this, I'm out. Come back when you've learned to stop being so butthurt because something doesn't fit your perfect image of what a Sonic sprite should look like.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/28/2012, 5:42 pm
"But THERE IS NO ONE OFFICIAL STYLE OF SPRITE."
The official sprites are the ones from the game, dumbass.

"I have my own fucking style instead of trying to make my sprites a carbon copy of pre-existing art."
No. You fucked up and you know it.

"Fuck this, I'm out. Come back when you've learned to stop being so butthurt because something doesn't fit your perfect image of what a Sonic sprite should look like."
That's right, GTFO.





AaronKun wrote:I don't like The Spritas. It's not the people on Skype, it's usually everyone else. Why? I loved The Spritas, but I despise what it has become. A place for hatred, fighting, arguing and trolling. Let me out and ban me. If you can, quote this as my signature so all my past posts will reflect this. Thanks.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/28/2012, 5:54 pm
AaronKun wrote:"But THERE IS NO ONE OFFICIAL STYLE OF SPRITE."
The official sprites are the ones from the game, dumbass.

"I have my own fucking style instead of trying to make my sprites a carbon copy of pre-existing art."
No. You fucked up and you know it.

"Fuck this, I'm out. Come back when you've learned to stop being so butthurt because something doesn't fit your perfect image of what a Sonic sprite should look like."
That's right, GTFO.

So because I enjoy feeding trolls I am back and now feel ashamed but oh well fuk you.

Let's see. Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic 3, Sonic Advance, Sonic battle (And before you say it, Sonic Advance and Sonic Battle are actually different styles if you look closely) There, four different styles. I wasn't saying there is no style to Sonic sprites what the fuck are you talking about, which is what you seem to have deluded yourself into believing.

Fine then. I deeply apologise for wanting to be slightly original (Even though that's impossible with fan characters) I will strive to be flawed and completely unoriginal and never let even the tiniest bit of creativity escape into my sprites again. Hell, why do that when I can make incredibly unrealistic sprites that have no sense of shading and are eye-blindingly bright.

Thank you for setting me on the path to fail. I'll be sure to tell you when I've degraded to making unoriginal recolours with no sense of original style whatsoever. Maybe if I'm lucky I'll end up living in a hole. Surely that will inform me that I have succeeded in failing at life.

I also feel that this logic should apply to everything ever no matter what the context because obviously that makes perfect sense. "This Mario sprite doesn't follow the official Sonic art you failed" "These Naruto sprites don't have the Sonic Advance shading you fucked up and you know it."

I'm seriously trying to figure out the logic behind you actually thinking that making it more original and giving it some style means it's bad. How does that make any sense whatsoever. Please go and learn how to actually make a good sprite before going and criticising me for flaws that only exist inside your own head.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/28/2012, 6:09 pm


Here, I reshaded it into Advance style. Blocky shading, completely awful concept of shading. Truly this is the best thing ever. I forgot the black outlines on the head, but oh well, it's shitty enough already.

However, it is "the same as the official game art" so surely it must be good, in your own logic at least?

**EDIT** I couldn't be bothered changing the large sprite. Just paste it into paint if you want to see it in all its shitty pixelated glory.

**EDIT2** There, brought it a little closer to home.



Oh god I seriously want to cut myself right now. Why God why.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/28/2012, 6:18 pm
I thought you were leaving lol? Couldn't accept defeat?
Anyways, I'm walking away from this board with a win, so don't expect any more replies.





AaronKun wrote:I don't like The Spritas. It's not the people on Skype, it's usually everyone else. Why? I loved The Spritas, but I despise what it has become. A place for hatred, fighting, arguing and trolling. Let me out and ban me. If you can, quote this as my signature so all my past posts will reflect this. Thanks.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/28/2012, 6:21 pm
I love how you pretty much ignore everything I say.

lolubutthurt.

Since quite clearly you want nothing more to do with this character I would suggest a mod lock this.





avatar
Moderator
Moderator
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/28/2012, 6:32 pm
yeah this escalated quickly.







ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/28/2012, 6:45 pm
Woah woah hey, what the hell? What's with all the unnecessary hate towards someone having an fc? I have an fc, yet no one seems to have a problem. Second both of you are acting real immature at the momement, Aaronkun, you gotta learn how to handle some critique, and on the other hand, Bliztkrieg, you're acting like a straight up ass.





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/28/2012, 6:52 pm
RnR wrote:Woah woah hey, what the hell? What's with all the unnecessary hate towards someone having an fc? I have an fc, yet no one seems to have a problem. Second both of you are acting real immature at the momement, Aaronkun, you gotta learn how to handle some critique, and on the other hand, Bliztkrieg, you're acting like a straight up ass.

I don't know why I hate Sonic Fan characters, I just do. Having been on that bandwagon for over a year I really just can't stand them now.

Also, you seem to be under the impression I was being serious.

Yeah... just for the record I wouldn't suggest taking me too seriously because most of the time I'm just trolling lol.

Besides I enjoy being an ass.
avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/28/2012, 6:56 pm
blitzkrieg667 wrote:
RnR wrote:Woah woah hey, what the hell? What's with all the unnecessary hate towards someone having an fc? I have an fc, yet no one seems to have a problem. Second both of you are acting real immature at the momement, Aaronkun, you gotta learn how to handle some critique, and on the other hand, Bliztkrieg, you're acting like a straight up ass.

I don't know why I hate Sonic Fan characters, I just do. Having been on that bandwagon for over a year I really just can't stand them now.

Also, you seem to be under the impression I was being serious.

Yeah... just for the record I wouldn't suggest taking me too seriously because most of the time I'm just trolling lol.

Besides I enjoy being an ass.


I honestly don't care, you didn't have be a major dick to kid and vice versa. Your critique was right, but your approach sucked. There's a better way to deliver critique without being a blatant ass.





avatar
Spritan
Spritan
Reputation:
Age:
Posts:
Registration Date:
Location:
View user profile

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/28/2012, 7:01 pm
Anything less than what I wrote really would be sugarcoating it, which I can't stand (this applies both ways) . It's better I be an ass about it that say nothing at all. I don't expect anyone to hold back if they have a problem with me and I'm not about to just sit there and be all "its alright i understand ur feling ill leve u alon" just because I'm afraid people will think I'm an ass.

**EDIT** Why hasn't this been locked already there's nothing worth keeping this open for.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum