View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/22/2012, 10:55 am

EDIT HISTORY:
- Removed ears lol. Vultures ain't go no ears, y'know?
- Darkened the beak a bit. Credit to YoshiF for the palette.
- Scrapped Jake.

Last edited by AaronKun on 6/25/2012, 3:19 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Fuckthisshit.)

AaronKun wrote:I don't like The Spritas. It's not the people on Skype, it's usually everyone else. Why? I loved The Spritas, but I despise what it has become. A place for hatred, fighting, arguing and trolling. Let me out and ban me. If you can, quote this as my signature so all my past posts will reflect this. Thanks.
Spritan
Spritan

Re: Sonic FC: Jake the Vulture

on 6/22/2012, 12:00 pm
How about giving him Vulture's talons?

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Spritan
Spritan

on 6/22/2012, 1:34 pm
NS01 wrote:How about giving him Vulture's talons?
Well Jet the Hawk never had claws, so I thought I wouldn't give Jake any either.

AaronKun wrote:I don't like The Spritas. It's not the people on Skype, it's usually everyone else. Why? I loved The Spritas, but I despise what it has become. A place for hatred, fighting, arguing and trolling. Let me out and ban me. If you can, quote this as my signature so all my past posts will reflect this. Thanks.
Spritan
Spritan

on 6/22/2012, 1:59 pm
But it looks so...unoriginal D:

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Spritan
Spritan

on 6/22/2012, 2:33 pm
NS01 wrote:But it looks so...unoriginal D:
Crying or Very sad And that's no good!

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/22/2012, 3:44 pm
not bad, unoriginal, but those blue Gloves are in the same colour as his skin?

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/22/2012, 5:00 pm
Saulgp wrote:not bad, unoriginal, but those blue Gloves are in the same colour as his skin?

He's not wearing gloves, and *ahem* feathers. Serious

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/22/2012, 5:01 pm
it´s not wearing gloves because you said it....
make some more edits ¬¬

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/22/2012, 6:00 pm
I want to fucking murder you right now. Fucking Sonic fa-

Wha- oh, right, the sprite itself. I...

This is bad. I'm sorry but it really is. The shading is incredibly lazy and pretty much all you did was change his colour, give him a beak add some... really weird hair and change his shoes.

Also, there are two problems with his gloves. One, you left the grey shade in there which just looks terribad, and for whatever reason they still have the cuffs of the gloves which is just completely retarded because he isn't wearing any. It's not hard to remove the cuff and connect the arms to the hands.

There's also the fact that you made a Sonic fan character in the first place.

I suppose I can give you credit for not putting clothes on him, which is seriously one of the most retarded things ever, but in all honesty in this case I think it would have been better if you did that.

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/22/2012, 6:15 pm
blitzkrieg667 wrote:I want to fucking murder you right now. Fucking Sonic fa-
lol, use this

blitzkrieg667 wrote:This is bad. I'm sorry but it really is. The shading is incredibly lazy and pretty much all you did was change his colour, give him a beak add some... really weird hair and change his shoes.
agree
blitzkrieg667 wrote:Also, there are two problems with his gloves. One, you left the grey shade in there which just looks terribad, and for whatever reason they still have the cuffs of the gloves which is just completely retarded because he isn't wearing any. It's not hard to remove the cuff and connect the arms to the hands.
agree, i said it before....
blitzkrieg667 wrote:There's also the fact that you made a Sonic fan character in the first place.
yes, that´s what he mented to do....
blitzkrieg667 wrote:I suppose I can give you credit for not putting clothes on him, which is seriously one of the most retarded things ever, but in all honesty in this case I think it would have been better if you did that.
i thought i was the only wan who thinked that, I agree.....

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/22/2012, 9:38 pm
Really? I get hate for making a Sonic FC? What the fuck.
If I brought up a MapleStory character or a Mario FC would I get the same hate?

Last edited by AaronKun on 6/22/2012, 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Elaborated a bit.)

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/23/2012, 4:37 am
Not really. It's just Sonic mostly.

Of course it may just be me. Either way I'm sure nobody really wants any of my extreme bias towards fan characters anyway so eh.

Last edited by blitzkrieg667 on 6/23/2012, 6:01 am; edited 1 time in total
Spritan
Spritan

on 6/23/2012, 5:51 am
well, it´s getting better.... the shading still looks lazy you haven´t changed it didn´t you......
The shoes should be Green... like this 2 greens:

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/23/2012, 6:02 am
Is it just me or did this sprite become worse.

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/23/2012, 6:06 am
blitzkrieg667 wrote:Is it just me or did this sprite become worse.
i think it´s the hair............and the shading it has

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/23/2012, 6:09 am
And the shoes.

Why did you change the shoes.

You just made it even less original.

Seriously I don't even.

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/23/2012, 8:32 am
blitzkrieg667 wrote:And the shoes.

Why did you change the shoes.

You just made it even less original.

Seriously I don't even.

The shoes weren't done, sorry. I just wanted to show you the newer shading.

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/24/2012, 7:52 am
I would like to point out this looks nothing like a vulture. Just because you call it something doesn't automatically make it that.

**EDIT** For some reason I decided to sprite this thing how I imagined it. Don't ask me why.

Someone please kill me.
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 6/24/2012, 10:06 am
blitzkrieg667 wrote:I would like to point out this looks nothing like a vulture. Just because you call it something doesn't automatically make it that.

**EDIT** For some reason I decided to sprite this thing how I imagined it. Don't ask me why.

Someone please kill me.

now that looks good. and don't worry, we all feel that way when making a sonic fan character.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Spritan

on 6/24/2012, 10:43 am
blitzkrieg667 wrote:I would like to point out this looks nothing like a vulture. Just because you call it something doesn't automatically make it that.

Someone please kill me.

Well his head is a bit uneven and why does he have fur on his chest and wrists?

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/24/2012, 10:53 am
As I imagined it.

Yeah. They're feathers. Generally birds don't tend to be a single colour.

Besides like I said I pretty much just did this for the hell of it.
Spritan
Spritan

on 6/24/2012, 12:40 pm

Someone please kill me.
Wow Blitz, i´m fuckin impressed... Good ehhh really good....
that shadings are perfectly done lol Laughing

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/24/2012, 3:12 pm
Saulgp wrote:

Someone please kill me.
Wow Blitz, i´m fuckin impressed... Good ehhh really good....
that shadings are perfectly done lol Laughing

I agree, it looks nice, but it's not the way Sonic sprites are shaded...

View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 6/24/2012, 3:15 pm
he did a custom job, which is good I like this version a lot better. it fits because he's a bird, not a hedgehog.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Spritan

on 6/24/2012, 3:27 pm
And at what point did I even say it was meant to look like Sonic Advance sprites. I know full well it doesn't look like them. That's the point, really.

Besides that I don't really like the shading in the Advance sprites anyway. It looks like they just put blobs of shadow on his head and called it a day.

Battle was better with its shading but that's a completely different style.

Also HOW CAN YOU SAY IT'S NOT SHADED LIKE A SONIC SPRITE. There are at least three different types of Sonic sprite.

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum