View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Need some sound help

on 5/17/2012, 10:17 am
Been awhile huh? I'm working on an animation but...I need help. It's the sound effects, I set them on the frames I wanted them to play but when I play it to test the sounds keep playing 5-10 frames early, I tried everything switching the EVENT option to START, STOP, nothing helps. I have them on EVENT and STOP right after them, I'm using flash 8 and can anyone help me with this sound error? It only happens when I get around 2000-3000 frames.
Spritan
Spritan

Re: Need some sound help

on 5/17/2012, 10:39 am
Hmmm. Did you check and make sure ALL the starting sounds are the same sync?? Make sure they have the same sound sync, like there all on Event or Start. You might of accidentally put one stream when they all are on event. All your start sounds must be the same and all your stop sounds must be the same.
If that isn't the case, try editing them to make them play a little bit later or move the frame with the sound clip, that plays early, a little bit ahead of where it usually suppose to play on

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/17/2012, 10:45 am
@HavocTheGreenKirby wrote:Hmmm. Did you check and make sure ALL the starting sounds are the same sync?? Make sure they have the same sound sync, like there all on Event or Start. You might of accidentally put one stream when they all are on event. All your start sounds must be the same and all your stop sounds must be the same.
If that isn't the case, try editing them to make them play a little bit later or move the frame with the sound clip, that plays early, a little bit ahead of where it usually suppose to play on

Their all the same, and I can't do that because they play an few frames early AND on the frames I set them, so it's playing more then it should be.
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/17/2012, 2:40 pm
Sorry for posting two times in an row but it might get some people to look again,.

I don't think the sync is the problem, I can add more frames and they still play early, ON THE SAME FRAME EVERY TIME no matter how many frames I add, unless I add an lot but then they don't play on the frames I want. I have the sound effect frames on STOP, with sound I have them on EVENT and after them STOP again, why are they playing early on the same frames repeatly even tho I add frames?
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/17/2012, 10:16 pm
@Red x wrote:Sorry for posting two times in an row but it might get some people to look again,.

I don't think the sync is the problem, I can add more frames and they still play early, ON THE SAME FRAME EVERY TIME no matter how many frames I add, unless I add an lot but then they don't play on the frames I want. I have the sound effect frames on STOP, with sound I have them on EVENT and after them STOP again, why are they playing early on the same frames repeatly even tho I add frames?
Adding more frames on the keyframe with the sound won't really change where the sound starts. your just adding more duration to it, but I don't think your sound is THAT long. If it plays a few frames early, try importing them into flash again. But your sound effects don't really need a stopping keyframe after them. Just let them finish by themselves, and don't put them on repeat to make them keep playing over and over again. Just take out the keyframes, that are on stop, you put in front of your sound effects and let them ride out. Don't set your sound effects keyframe to STOP. set them to Event or Start

Administrator
Administrator

on 5/17/2012, 10:24 pm
Stream your sounds and play them out in the timeline.

Spritan
Spritan

on 5/19/2012, 11:01 am
You didnt specify whether this lag occurs in the timeline or the .SWF. If it only occurs in the timeline but it's fine in the .SWF, don't worry about it. If it occurs in the .SWF though, then try setting all the sounds in the timeline to one thingy like Stream. I'd also recommend using as many .WAV files as possible. .MP3's eat up your file size and may cause lag.
Spritan
Spritan

on 5/19/2012, 11:20 am
I think I answered something like this before.
Go to file and then publish settings. In the window go to flash.
And play between the sounds options (best, fast, medium) and with the kbps.
This has to work, since I had the problem and I fixed it like I told you up here.
Hope this helps.

Hitlist (not organized):
Spoiler:

- xKAreloaded
- Leo (hopefully someday he'll accept)
- Dabestbrawler
- Exorz
- LightSpriter
- Leaf
- Eric
- SquirrelKidd
- NDS
- Patt (he doesn't animate anymore :'c)
- Pac-Boy (not even active)
- DestructionSeries (not even active)
- Mystah_Jayden (barely active)
- Face
- 5h0ck
- moke311
- Atomic
- Keezy

Everyone here, is considered (IMO), someone with great animation skills. So I want to battle them. Hopefully, it can happen someday.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum