View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

My quality is fugly as hell.

on 3/8/2012, 8:23 pm
Whenever i preview my flash it looks all blurry and pixelated, i've seen other people preview their flashes and it responding accurately with the v-cam and the quality near perfection, however when i preview it the vcam doesnt even seem to be in effect and it shows the entire stage with horrible quality.

I was working on an animation recently and this is what some of the quality looks like.

This is what the entire stage looks like when previewed.
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: My quality is fugly as hell.

on 3/8/2012, 8:25 pm
do you check your image qualities?

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/8/2012, 8:47 pm
@SXR123 wrote:do you check your image qualities?
How do i check my image quality?
(~is a noob)
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/8/2012, 10:09 pm
Double click on the image icon in the library.
It will show what you're compressing it as.
If it's a JPEG, you're doing it wrong.
You should set it to Loseless PNG/GIF

If it's still bad, you could try smoothing, although smoothing is generally not a pleasant thing to do.

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12

on 3/8/2012, 10:11 pm
If it's still bad, you could try smoothing, although smoothing is generally not a pleasant thing to do.
And it lags.

So no.
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/8/2012, 10:13 pm
@Leo wrote:
And it lags.

So no.
I haven't ran into any significant lag through smoothing yet.
Smoothing just looks ugly to me.

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/8/2012, 10:29 pm
@Jellal wrote:Double click on the image icon in the library.
It will show what you're compressing it as.
If it's a JPEG, you're doing it wrong.
You should set it to Loseless PNG/GIF

The compression was the problem, i've dont what you said and the quality is a thousand times better.
Thank you so much.
Administrator
Administrator

on 3/8/2012, 11:47 pm
You never turn on smoothing for something like character sprites.
No.

Watch your ass.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum