View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

smoooth sailing!

on 1/31/2012, 12:23 pm
So hey all, ive been off the radar hard, like invisibility cloak hard. So since ive been getting into the animation scene again (lolz like i left) Im more or less asking for opinions on any new animations staples to jeep in mind. Like whats the best frame rate for one. Ive been watching some of the new stuff and im interested! Also if you wanna throw anything else my way like "oh you should try etc" thts cool too. Just like always your guys opinions are GREATLY appreciated and listened to. Thanx a billion!

The means by which we live has outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
- Martin Luther King Jr -

If you wanna battle ill totally take you one. Send me a PM and we can set up dates nd times nd stuff. Prepare to be amazed.

That goes double.... for a duel.

Re: smoooth sailing!

on 1/31/2012, 12:46 pm
As it has been stated everywhere

FPS rates between 25-30 are pretty good for sprites, although 30 is widely used
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/31/2012, 12:53 pm
Still at 30 eh? well shit. Everything has been looking much faster. It almost makes me thing its at 35 or something.

The means by which we live has outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.

If you wanna battle ill totally take you one. Send me a PM and we can set up dates nd times nd stuff. Prepare to be amazed.

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/31/2012, 1:39 pm
Hey bro long time! : O

30 is the best I'd say. Some people are going high like 35, hell, I think DS animates a 40fps.

I've tried 60fps but it's not for me.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttp://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

on 1/31/2012, 2:32 pm
I haven't seen you in a while man what's up?

Yeah alot of people still use 30 fps.
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/31/2012, 7:47 pm
hmmm, ok. well ill experiment with 35 but i might just stick with 30 then. so now that I know I havent missed anything new there. Ive gotta say it feels like a whole new crowd is here. Or maybe its just a better old crowd? Ok so one more thing, i would like get my grubby mitts on some rather updated effects but thatll come later. If i need any. Thanx for not nailing me for being gone for so long guys... hehe.

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/31/2012, 8:00 pm
@THE2ndNarutox wrote:hmmm, ok. well ill experiment with 35 but i might just stick with 30 then. so now that I know I havent missed anything new there. Ive gotta say it feels like a whole new crowd is here. Or maybe its just a better old crowd? Ok so one more thing, i would like get my grubby mitts on some rather updated effects but thatll come later. If i need any. Thanx for not nailing me for being gone for so long guys... hehe.

Right now effects are taking the go-lo and most people have been making their own/using AE
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/31/2012, 8:18 pm
AE huh? Trials or download?

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/31/2012, 8:37 pm
@THE2ndNarutox wrote:AE huh? Trials or download?

What...
Administrator
Administrator

on 1/31/2012, 8:47 pm
Everyone's lying.

At this point, animating is crazy.

We all animate at 45 FPS, and we all custom make our sounds and effects. Oh, and we all use After Effects now, no one uses Flash except for the basic animating, but After Effects is where most of it is done. As well as that, we also have new techniques, we call them.

Aprokz, which is a new method developed by DZ himself who has also rejoined us.
Noyou, made by myself, it's another method.
Cartoooooon, made by Leo.
Comic style, made by DS, which you already know of.

These are a few of the newer styles that are made, but they go far in depth nowadays. Basically that's just a little bit of the new thing in animating these days.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/31/2012, 9:15 pm
Patt (프랭크) wrote:I'm crazy blah blah blah blah blah im a women blah blah blah

I swear thats all I read
Administrator
Administrator

on 1/31/2012, 9:20 pm
That's what I was hoping you would all see.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/1/2012, 1:21 am
Patt i thought your sanity had a chance of coming back..... look how wrong ive been...

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/1/2012, 2:22 am
@Kane wrote:
Patt (프랭크) wrote:I'm crazy blah blah blah blah blah im a women blah blah blah

I swear thats all I read

Patt is more than one woman? :suspect:

Patt you bipolar or whaaa?
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/1/2012, 7:39 am
We all animate at 45 FPS

Get out.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015

on 2/1/2012, 8:28 am
Patt (프랭크) wrote:Cartoooooon, made by Leo.
Comic style, made by DS, which you already know of

These were the only things you got right.

2ndNaruto, Patt has gotten crazy recently so just ignore him and there will be no problems.
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/1/2012, 12:53 pm
Duley noted..... but isnt the correct term crazier?

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/1/2012, 1:24 pm
And he was right when he talked about using AE and making own custom animating styles. I'm testing vector sheet technique and i'll try 60 fps since that is the normal speed real animes and games uses. So i would't recommend to go over 60fps... that's the line.

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/1/2012, 3:34 pm
@Blackleafe wrote:And he was right when he talked about using AE and making own custom animating styles. I'm testing vector sheet technique and i'll try 60 fps since that is the normal speed real animes and games uses. So i would't recommend to go over 60fps... that's the line.

Wtf, nobody makes their own custom styles boi, especially not AE it comes to you, the first lesson of animating is let it come to you... damn who's teaching you?

on 2/1/2012, 3:52 pm
@Blackleafe wrote:and i'll try 60 fps since that is the normal speed real animes
what
the
fudge
Anime (generally) have some of the worst animation ever, why would they use 60 fps?

They animate at 12 fps.
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/1/2012, 4:05 pm
@Leo wrote:
@Blackleafe wrote:and i'll try 60 fps since that is the normal speed real animes
what
the
fudge
Anime (generally) have some of the worst animation ever, why would they use 60 fps?

They animate at 12 fps.

Take...that...back T^T

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/1/2012, 4:10 pm
They actually animate between 24 and 30 + fps for One Piece, which I've found but no anime has it at 60 fps, not for more than one episodes atleast.

on 2/1/2012, 4:14 pm
I'm not going to take that back as it really is true. Anime (usually) don't really have good animation. That is due, in part, to their characters, that have more complex constructions so they become even harder to move around.

And no. No anime would go as far as animating on 30 fps. Most of the animation in anime is on 2s, so if the fps is 24, it means that they animate at 12.
I only saw anime that would be animated on 1s, so it would be full 24 frames per second.
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/1/2012, 4:18 pm
@Leo wrote:I'm not going to take that back as it really is true. Anime (usually) don't really have good animation. That is due, in part, to their characters, that have more complex constructions so they become even harder to move around.

And no. No anime would go as far as animating on 30 fps. Most of the animation in anime is on 2s, so if the fps is 24, it means that they animate at 12.
I only saw anime that would be animated on 1s, so it would be full 24 frames per second.

One Piece does, just download a mkv then convert it and it says the frame rate
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/1/2012, 4:19 pm
Depends on the anime. Fast pace action like One Piece is going to need that.

I heard that OVA episodes generally have a higher frame rate than the usual anime.

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum