View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Drawing in flash.

on 1/22/2012, 5:36 pm
Didn't know where to put this topic. Does anyone know a video on youtube, or something that I could read/watch to learn to draw my own blasts/affects in flash. I want to make my own rather than use all the ones out there. It'd be pretty unique and I think it would look better that way. All help is appreciated Very Happy

KAIZOUKUUNEE OREWAAAA NAROOOOO lol!

Current Animations Progress:

Gohan Vs Ichigo Vs Luffy Vs Naruto Vs Tsuna
Spritan
Spritan

Re: Drawing in flash.

on 1/22/2012, 6:04 pm
It's the closest I could find.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REXWU4TOT40&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

He has other tutorials too.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/22/2012, 6:45 pm
Hey thanks a ton NS that's exactly what I was looking for! This could work just as well for hit affects, and making smoke or something along those lines correct?

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/23/2012, 1:02 am
Sorry to double post and all but man that's alot harder than it looks. I tried for a good hour straight and just majorly failed.

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/23/2012, 2:19 am
@AssyrianMike08 wrote:Sorry to double post and all but man that's alot harder than it looks. I tried for a good hour straight and just majorly failed.

You migth need a tablet if you don't have steady hands also that takes a lot of time and requires drawing skill as it is featured in animation.

on 1/23/2012, 3:57 am
If you want good effects you need a tablet because mouse doesn't have pressure sensitivity :p
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/23/2012, 8:55 am
Lol i have already started this. Making custom effects that is. I have made quite a few already but i want to know how to make smoke effects. That's only thing i don't know how to do.

on 1/23/2012, 2:46 pm
Drawing them is easy, but animating them is a pain, especially if you're doing it manually.
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/23/2012, 2:47 pm
Yep that's what i fear and avoid^ manual smoke 10-100 frames.... FFFFFFFFUUUUUUU

Administrator
Administrator

on 1/23/2012, 2:48 pm
Smoke effects are so easy and fun to make, mine usually come out to about 20 or so frames.

[The Return]

on 1/23/2012, 3:07 pm
I mean, usually I leave them as particle effects, so when I'm not lazy (never) I animate them manually.
Administrator
Administrator

on 1/23/2012, 3:08 pm
The only thing I hate is when it gets to that point where you just can't get the right thing. And you try for hours on the same frame... >.>

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/23/2012, 3:08 pm
Hell, I use white lines as 'ground shockwaves'. Only requires a motion blur. No lag, simple as fuck.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/23/2012, 3:39 pm
@NS01 wrote:Hell, I use white lines as 'ground shockwaves'. Only requires a motion blur. No lag, simple as fuck.

Mhm. Well the problem is everyone has there own style of animating, we should do what's natural and fun Very Happy
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/23/2012, 3:43 pm
There's still so much to learn in Flash. I don't think the majority of us have even tapped into the potential of what that program can do. Maybe Lange can I dunno.

on 1/23/2012, 3:48 pm
Nah, me and you for example have actually quite some good experience with Flash.

Flash doesn't have much to do with it.
If we started messing with actionscript, though...
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/23/2012, 3:50 pm
Yeah, actionscript...damn it.

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/23/2012, 5:31 pm
Well guys, is there another way to make affects. I made a post about after affects a while back but didn't really get much help then so... Is there a simpler way? The video above way helpful for a basic beam, but I can't even make that. I'm trying to make X Burner. Anyone have ideas or videos I can look into?

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/24/2012, 12:20 am
Hey the way i make effects is a result of many programs. I use flash,fireworks,AE,even paint and photoshop. 1 effect can demand all of these.

@AssyrianMike08
You don't know how to make a single beam/blast? Tell me details i'll make you 1.

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/24/2012, 12:26 am
@Blackleafe wrote:Hey the way i make effects is a result of many programs. I use flash,fireworks,AE,even paint and photoshop. 1 effect can demand all of these.

@AssyrianMike08
You don't know how to make a single beam/blast? Tell me details i'll make you 1.

Aren't you new here? Is this what happens to our new members? This is chaos
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/24/2012, 12:31 am
? me? new? nope sry i'm not new. If you haven't noticed yet i have been here a year now. Lol. And you have been here just 3 months more than me, so if i'm new then you are too.
I may not published any succeeded animations (i'm laziest of all without motivation) but i do practice with little animations. So i have experience but not much patience to make them. But custom effects is a thing i have been doing lately and making blast in flash is easy as animating.

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/24/2012, 12:45 am
@Blackleafe wrote:? me? new? nope sry i'm not new. If you haven't noticed yet i have been here a year now. Lol. And you have been here just 3 months more than me, so if i'm new then you are too.
I may not published any succeeded animations (i'm laziest of all without motivation) but i do practice with little animations. So i have experience but not much patience to make them. But custom effects is a thing i have been doing lately and making blast in flash is easy as animating.

... Your new because you've only recently introduced yourself >.>

And what I meant is why are newbies [As in new people to the Spritas/Flash] using AE, it's annoying.

I'm sorry if I sounded rude, but I don't think AE is so big, good job on the effects though lol Very Happy
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/24/2012, 1:03 am
Lol i know what you mean and i introduced myself so late coz i didn't know that place when i entered here. So it's just halfyear late introduction. And i'm noob using AE, i just take the effects out of it.

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum