View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

INTRODUCING!!!! "Lynn"

on 1/14/2012, 11:24 am
WARNING: The following may be TL;DR, However, if you enjoy a good bit of "Fan-Fiction" I guess you could call it... then please continue! Very Happy

So It Begins...

Spoiler:
IN A FUTURE, IN A DIMENSION NOT TOO DISTANT FROM OURS, A nuclear war was had between The *East and West Continents, obliterating any kind of civilization the world had known. However, this is not to say that mankind itself had been wiped clean off the very earth they spent thousands of years molding and constructing to their liking, no, in fact this is very far from true. 10 years after the war, the nuclear fallout had been reduced to somewhat "livable" conditions and the people who dove underground to escape the destruction slowly but surely began to excavate themselves from the earth's crust. As time went on the survivors of the two continents made peace with each other and began to explore the landscape and settle down to make tribes, everything had finally set in place.

Or So They Thought...

Spoiler:
Everything had been going to plan for the survivors; Tribes had been communicating with each other, sharing goods, stories, and skills. The earth itself had seemed to welcome the new life, giving birth to new plant life and animal species the survivors had not seen before in their previous life, some menacing and vicious, some tame and consumable as where the animals/plants of old, but none were too challenging for the survivors to overtake and use to benefit themselves.
Life was good indeed, but it wasn't to stay this way.
Evil had been lurking in the scarce shadows that covered the landscape. As it turns out not all the people that survived the war, survived by escaping to the earthy depths. No, in fact a few survivors had clung on to their meager existence by doing quite the opposite, by staying out in the open. However their decision not to safely hide away came with certain, pros and cons.
These beings, no matter their appearance, are no longer "human". The nuclear fallout had changed them, changed them into something entirely different. For one, *all their minds are connected, a "hive mind" so to call it, turning these beings from individuals as humans are, to pack animals as the wolves of the old world were. Secondly they acquired various powers, each power is unique to each individual being, the only power they all share is their acute senses and incredible night vision, which ties in to the third fact. They are deathly allergic to the suns rays, and can only venture out at night to do their deeds, earning them the name "Nightcrawlers"....

Spoiler:
They, the Nightcrawlers, enacted their plan to take the reins of this world that was newly created, after all, in their minds they were the superior beings, most were vastly smarter than their human counterparts, they had powers, and all in all the humans were nothing but diminutive bugs in the hands of the Nightcrawlers. On the evening on the longest night of the year, the Nightcrawlers set out from their hives scattered across the land and murdered 4/5 of the survivors left. This night was to be forever known as "Röte Nacht", loosely translated to mean "Red Night", for it was a night that painted the land red.

The Morning After "Röte Nacht"... Is Where We Join Our Hero... "Lynndare" or "Lynn"...

truploader.com/view/164822

*The West Continent is the combination of North America, South American and Japan, these land masses have over time shifted to be one large land mass, The East Continent is the combination of Europe, Asia, Africa and all the Islands between Australia. Just like the West Continent these land masses have merged, the Island of New Zealand is considered part of the East Continent. The names "East and West" Continents are misleading, because for the last 1,000 years the continents have actually been one super continent, the inhabitants however refrained from becoming a unified land until the war.

*Although all the Nightcrawlers are connected at the mind, there are a few exceptions, the matriarch or "The Mother" as they refer to her has the ability to think separate thoughts, sort of like a walkie talkie, she can switch between individual thoughts or commands to her underlings, she has also given her generals the ability to do the same. However their individual thoughts are shared with the The Mother, just in case they start thinking to rebel.

Last edited by N1nja on 1/14/2012, 12:55 pm; edited 4 times in total

Re: INTRODUCING!!!! "Lynn"

on 1/14/2012, 11:28 am
Spoiler:
^ I embedded the flash for you.

But eh,
It's too short of an animation to even see what your character is about.
You need an animation showing his abilities or a comic, or some kind of drawing, stuff like that.
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/14/2012, 11:30 am
Thank you so much!!! Very Happy

And Yea, all that stuff will be explained later when I get time to make the Character background, so far I've only explained his situation.

I'm setting myself up for a series I hope to make when my skills in spriting and animating get better so I thought "Why not fill the people in on his story and what's going on before I animate."
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/14/2012, 12:58 pm
i feel like this is gonna be really cool as you do more to it

I likes this song
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/14/2012, 1:11 pm
Thank you :)

I'm really gonna try to get this moving a long pretty soon I'd definitely love to write the background to the character but I have to see if people are even interested in this idea first...

It is a pretty recycled plot, but I don't know... I'll run with it if it peeks a few interests.
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/14/2012, 2:12 pm
I hope it does cux I wanna see it

I likes this song
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/14/2012, 3:05 pm
Woaahhhhhh the mythology is so deep and.. shit this is interesting as all hell.

darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/14/2012, 6:47 pm
Really?

Haha thanks, that's a lot coming from the King of Booty. Razz
Administrator
Administrator

on 1/14/2012, 7:36 pm
This is pretty freaking awesome. Makes me want to make a custom character and create some background info about him...

Actually, I had the idea to do something like this before and I had the background info pretty legit and then I opened Paint.NET to make the character and yeah...I failed miserably...But once I get good at custom spriting then Imma do something like this!

But anyway, this is awesomeness!
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/14/2012, 7:44 pm
Didint feel like reading, but nice sprite, if ping likes, me likes

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/15/2012, 12:28 am
xRAPIDFIR3xPHO3NIXx wrote:This is pretty freaking awesome. Makes me want to make a custom character and create some background info about him...

Actually, I had the idea to do something like this before and I had the background info pretty legit and then I opened Paint.NET to make the character and yeah...I failed miserably...But once I get good at custom spriting then Imma do something like this!

But anyway, this is awesomeness!

Lol Thanks

D3Anims wrote:Didint feel like reading, but nice sprite, if ping likes, me likes

I suppose that's fine lol I know it is a little long but I think it's worth it, But thanks for the nice words.
Administrator
Administrator

on 1/15/2012, 10:36 pm
Your character's color scheme makes me throw up.. :S

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/15/2012, 10:56 pm
why its a pretty good color scheme i mean i have seen it around a lot of other characters but its still pretty good

I likes this song
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/15/2012, 11:03 pm
I actually like your character, alot.
Administrator
Administrator

on 1/15/2012, 11:08 pm
His scarf is a weird red, his nasty orange tanned skin, with regular navyish pants? Why? Can't he be more realistic? Look at Leo's character.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/15/2012, 11:26 pm
yes the colors could use work but overall i think its a pretty good character for a first try somewhat reminds me of MadFace's character

I likes this song
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2012, 12:57 am
Well, You're welcome for the throw up I guess?

1) I didn't want his scarf to be any regular red.
2) I can assure you the colour palette for his skin is brownish tan, and not orange.
3) As for his pants, you try getting a nice pair of Levi's in a Post-Apocalyptic world.

But that's your opinion, thanks for the "Critique", if that's what you want to call it.

I admit the work isn't perfect, but rarely is any beginners work...
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2012, 1:12 am
haha Levi's

I likes this song
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2012, 3:19 am
The character is too simple.
The shading is wrong, and the eyes are too bigg.
None the less I give you props for trying, keep working at it.

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2012, 4:54 am
D3Anims wrote:Didint feel like reading, but nice sprite, if ping likes, me likes
Hell yea. The guy wears the same pants you wear x] Has that body figure too ;3
N1nja wrote:Well, You're welcome for the throw up I guess?

1) I didn't want his scarf to be any regular red.
2) I can assure you the colour palette for his skin is brownish tan, and not orange.
3) As for his pants, you try getting a nice pair of Levi's in a Post-Apocalyptic world.

But that's your opinion, thanks for the "Critique", if that's what you want to call it.

I admit the work isn't perfect, but rarely is any beginners work...
[left]
Patt's just a stylist. He wants some people to look good in clothes, you know?

But I'll say it again. This is MAD interesting. Get's me excited, and I'll tell you now. If "Face" was here, he'll "mad"ly approve of Lynn's head.

EHEHHAHEHAHAHHAHAHEHEAHHEHAHHH

darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen

on 1/16/2012, 6:24 am
You need to do some hue shifting in your character, it gives more interest to its colors.

But work first on what Jayden said.
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2012, 7:41 am
I very much Like you're char, I would love to see him fight one of my chars (ninja Inu) some day. yea your char could use more work,but then again you could have made him like that so there's room for him to grow and evolve..........either way I like him and I am looking forward to see you animate him.

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2012, 7:49 am
that would be a pretty good fight well first we would have to see what his char can do

I likes this song
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2012, 7:52 am
the story kinda reminds me of Fallout 3 a little bit

I likes this song
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2012, 10:27 am
Really? I don't see the connection, I feel like it stops at the "Post-Apocaplytic" thing.

But like I said, I't s a recycled plot, the only way I can make this one feel any different is through animation, and the styling.

And I guess I'm re-spriting the character then.

After that I suppose I should write a character bio, move-set and abilities.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum