View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.facebook.com/Dappiahkumi

How to use the Ease Function

on 12/12/2011, 5:31 pm
Ok Everybody here knows how to use the Ease function. in Flash but I tend to use -100 and +100 for all my motions so I can fully empathize the ease in my animations. But the thing is that I feel that there's a reason in reducing the Ease on a motion. (I'm going to Sound Stupid right now and answer my own question) To add more realism to your animations. My real question is how do you determine how much ease should be on a motion. Sure there's a dial that can reduce how much ease there is but I never understand how to use it properly. So that's my question If you guys could lend some input it would be really helpful.

Spritan
Spritan

Re: How to use the Ease Function

on 12/12/2011, 6:04 pm
Test out different amounts to see how they work.

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12

on 12/12/2011, 7:01 pm
Learn about timing and spacing for animation.

It helps to understand this
Spoiler:
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/12/2011, 7:29 pm
@Leo wrote:Learn about timing and spacing for animation.

It helps to understand this
Spoiler:

Dag thanks that really helped (Mentally mostly) I have some type of idea of what your talking about.

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/12/2011, 7:44 pm
Test it out.

And I like to use 100, and then if it's too much then just remove in increments.
Administrator
Administrator

on 12/12/2011, 8:06 pm
Basically, it seems like oh derp, 100, and -100 of course, use it all the time.

But then you realize why you would need something different. Usually, I'd use something like 50 or -50, and animate the really close intervals myself, then go back into mid easing.

[The Return]
Administrator
Administrator

on 12/12/2011, 8:28 pm
It's basically just testing out to see which fits best.
you'd be stupid to just put it to max + or - each time. It's not like you actually have to try out every single number, just try random levels and see what looks best, you can't ask us it's whatever your vision is for this.

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/12/2011, 8:31 pm
@Eric wrote:It's basically just testing out to see which fits best.
you'd be stupid to just put it to max + or - each time. It's not like you actually have to try out every single number, just try random levels and see what looks best, you can't ask us it's whatever your vision is for this.

Ok thanks, and also thanks for the Advice on Soran. I got something major Planned thanks to you.

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum