View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Shitload of pre-animated characters!!!

on 10/30/2011, 11:06 am
Spoiler:

A whole fucking lot of pre-animated characters. If you do use these sprites I suggest you re-animate them to make them smoother, but because of the chronic lazy disorder that our doctor SXR has yet to find a cure for is still about, this should help get much of the tedious work done for you.

Remember to also give credit so the site and the OP from which every thread you save the sprites from. It probably wouldn't hurt to PM them too. Also Leo you should add this to your list of resources.

"Fuck Bitches, Make Money, Fuck More Bitches ~ DatLife"
Current Projects: SSJ2 Gohan vs Majin Vegeta
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Shitload of pre-animated characters!!!

on 10/30/2011, 11:45 am
Back when SSF2 had their website on Mcloud or whatever I downloaded a bunch of these. However when I put them into Flash something went wrong so I never used them again, I can't really remember what the issue was this was like a year and a half ago.

I guess one could use these but I feel like it's cheating even more, considering we already have a lot of artwork done for us, we're getting so lazy we rather have the motions done as well, while only having to add a few frames here and there. Just seems like a huge gap jumped over, basically all you're doing now is filling in. :\

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/30/2011, 11:53 am
@Patt wrote:Back when SSF2 had their website on Mcloud or whatever I downloaded a bunch of these. However when I put them into Flash something went wrong so I never used them again, I can't really remember what the issue was this was like a year and a half ago.

I guess one could use these but I feel like it's cheating even more, considering we already have a lot of artwork done for us, we're getting so lazy we rather have the motions done as well, while only having to add a few frames here and there. Just seems like a huge gap jumped over, basically all you're doing now is filling in. :\

I found the site while looking for Mecha Sonic sprites, and even if you do add them to flash you still need to re-animate alot of them because the animations are really choppy. They have alot of custom sprites to, another reason one might choose to use them. It might be cheating, but it could probably help a beginner get started or something.

They seem to work fine on my Flash though, and I was using a notebook. Maybe you had to much stuff running at once, or you tried using too many at once. Idk but you make a good point. I don't suggest cutting corners, but if your lazy and need to practice I would use these. Since you have to re-animate them to make them smooth anyway might be good practice. The only problem I could see from using these is file size.

Administrator
Administrator

on 10/30/2011, 11:57 am
A starter sees this as a way to get to the animation with out putting down anything.

It's almost as if you need to do a Research paper but everything there is in front of you in note form. All you need to do is arrange it to an essay.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/30/2011, 12:04 pm
@Patt wrote:A starter sees this as a way to get to the animation with out putting down anything.

It's almost as if you need to do a Research paper but everything there is in front of you in note form. All you need to do is arrange it to an essay.

Reminds me of the book project I did last week using Sparknotes...lol

But I see what you mean, but still it could be useful practice. If they try to put them in a Flash without putting any effort into it, then they post them to a site, they would be flamed or criticized respectfully. You gotta do some work to get a good result from these sprites, but it makes it a bit quicker since the symbol is already set, so adjustments are still required...so its exactly like my book project.

Administrator
Administrator

on 10/30/2011, 12:09 pm
Idk I just feel hard work would deserve more praise.

[The Return]
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum