View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Guys.....your favorite animator...

on 10/8/2011, 8:57 pm
I wantsta make a series but i cant decide on what. At first i was thinking Kirby, but then i thought about Sonic, then I thought Mario, THEN i thought DBZ, i cant decide, and I'll be damned if I resort to a crossover >:l

I need help deciding, and plot making...

View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

Re: Guys.....your favorite animator...

on 10/8/2011, 9:02 pm
I'm doing a crossover.

anyway, since when were you my favorite o_o

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2011, 9:09 pm
@SXR123 wrote:I'm doing a crossover.

what about.

And i was your fav ever since you clicked into this thread

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2011, 9:12 pm
0_o well just try ur best u sould not steal peoples ideas though but use them to motivate u ok?
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2011, 9:17 pm
uhm.... easy to answer because ive been doing a cross over series like for years but it turned out garbage so from experience just use characters that u can have alot of action with and go together
(Ex: Goku and Sonic) (Ex 2: Ichigo and Sasuke)
like that, but of course as i should say caz someone else will, make it REALISTIC not DBZ THEMED
GL
~CJ

The Unstoppable Ala Rubra

on 10/8/2011, 9:20 pm
Do about an underrated game or something.

That way you can do all sorts of crazy things with it, no one will really know.
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2011, 9:20 pm
AND DONT USE things that have been done over 9000 times. oh and leos right that sounds like a good idea. wait u sould use the really underrated game "ninja basebal batmen" just google it and youll see what i mean.
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 10/8/2011, 9:37 pm
Goku and sonic, the biggest crossover EVAR.

anyway, just do what you want.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2011, 1:22 am
it doesn't matter which character u use the story is what matters

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2011, 3:24 pm
eh which is your fav?

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2011, 3:26 pm
Make it Kirby and sonic or mario, i never actually see anybody pair kirby with anybody D:

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2011, 3:30 pm
maybe make some original characters of yours?

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2011, 3:37 pm
That takes way to long unless there in lsw style Razz I'm still working on some JUS sprites, i'm almost done!

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2011, 3:42 pm
tal9x9 wrote:maybe make some original characters of yours?
thats the path I took

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2011, 3:46 pm
Is that spyro?
Nice characterrs.

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2011, 3:48 pm
@SXR123 wrote:I'm doing a crossover.

@SXR123 wrote:Goku and sonic, the biggest crossover EVAR.

anyway, just do what you want.
lololol u so funny sxr
@Luciole2831 wrote:Make it Kirby and sonic or mario, i never actually see anybody pair kirby with anybody D:
Make them both. I motion this because the idea involves Kirby. I agree with him.
@Luciole2831 wrote:That takes way to long unless there in lsw style Razz I'm still working on some JUS sprites, i'm almost done!
It does take quite some time to make some sprites for a series.
@Face wrote:
thats the path I took
^ And because of this, this man has become a notable successor.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2011, 4:00 pm
^ where have you been with your quotes?

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/9/2011, 4:19 pm
@Luciole2831 wrote:Is that spyro?
Nice characterrs.
LOL no actually Im gonna redo him with a merger of yoshi

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/10/2011, 10:37 pm
@Luciole2831 wrote:Make it Kirby and sonic or mario, i never actually see anybody pair kirby with anybody D:
I was at first

Im drawing a series now...so yeah i can do that

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/11/2011, 1:34 am
@D3Anims wrote:
I was at first

Im drawing a series now...so yeah i can do that

SO DO IT YOU MOTHERFUCKER!

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/12/2011, 6:11 pm
...Lick me

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/13/2011, 3:13 am
eh no.....no thank you....

"Interesting sig text"

Administrator
Administrator

on 10/13/2011, 7:09 pm
This is something everyone goes through when they decide they want to do a series. They usually immediately think to the video games, and sometimes you can't really emulate that with what you have provided by our wonderful friends at Spriter's Resource or Spriters Database. What you're going to have to do is understand the question of:

What can I do?

If you know that you're not able to sprite edit or custom, then you're going to have to put your work into some else's hands. And that is something that I personally do not like to do, it's my work, it's my job to complete it. You shouldn't have to rely on someone else, but collaborations are great too. Remember that. But, if you think a Metroid series would be amazing, that your ideas are insane, the plot and climax is so extreme that we'll all adore your work, then you need to remember that with the limited sprites, this may not happen at all. You will need to custom, you will need to edit, and if you cannot do these two things, you will need to either learn to do so, or ask another to help you. And it's not going to be a good time when they may not be a reliable person, and your own work is held back due to another's indiligent behaviors.

This is saddening, but it is true. Your work may be held back just because of the lack of resources. You could have unimagined ideas, that were so well thought out and brilliant, that would be shut down in an instant.

Next, you want to take into mind that, if you're going to do a series with typical sprites, perhaps Sonic, remember one thing. What will make your series better than any other? You need to put in good thought, you can't just pull off the old, I'mgonnamakeabunchoffancharactersandcallthismine. That doesn't really work, that doesn't really suit anyone. It's just...not enjoyable by any means; something no one would care to savor.

Now, you've finally picked your idea, it's probably been a week or so, you tried to pick something unused, but you couldn't do it because of the lack of sprites. Then you picked something a little more used, but you didn't really know what to do next, the idea of the game came in your mind, but to animate it yourself was a bit difficult. But, nonetheless, you've finally picked your idea. Now you need to know what will happen, who will be included, and how it will be shown to the audience. The audience could perhaps expect this to be linked to the actual series, make it clear that it is not by any means in a little disclaimer.

Making a series is not the easiest task. You also must remember, when making a series, you've got to take into consideration that the animations will not just be judged on the actual overall appearance, but the plot as well. A lot of people tend to like deep plots with twists and what not, with unexpected tun of events. Then there's the audience that likes simplistic plots, one that may not require much thinking. And there's the other audience that only likes the fights. Alvin, a great example, took Sonic and Mario, two great franchises, and mixed it with another loved franchise. This was so simple, yet something that was not bid by anyone. His series, does not require much thinking, it is pretty predictable, however the newer episode is leaving a few questioning what will be happening. Alvin has realized that he cannot just leave his episodes being mindless fights, he's come to realize that the animations need some more plot, hence why there hasn't been as much crazy fighting. I will admit, there have been animations in this world that were animated so poorly, (usually older ones, so I guess they were good back then) that had brilliant ideas. The series' episodes must be judged by both the animating and plot. I've come across about, 3 or four animations that were part of series that were animated awfully, but had a storyline that was amazing.

Another thing to say, you need patience with your series. You need to show improvement at the same time, and show yourself growing as well. You also cannot burn all the gas you have as quickly as possible, you need to space it out, don't try to fit too much in one episode, and do not try to leave too much out. You will know when you have enough. You will also get annoyed with animating a series, you're limited to your storyline and sometimes you want to break free, which you're allowed to do. Go ahead and make something, but remember that animating time was put to something else that could have been valuable time to the series. Something I find, whenever I want to make an animation, want it to be as professional looking and diplomatic as it can possibly be. It's a reason why my series has not been started, not only that, but I feel that I'm not ready yet. I do not think I'm an accomplished animator yet, to try out my own series.

Basically, this is all up to you. Someone telling you an idea will not help you. It will actually help limit you, because deep down, you know what you think you might want to do, but you're not completely sure. When someone tells you otherwise, you get annoyed that they didn't choose the same that you want to animate, and the bar between all the animations that could be made, is messed up. Stick to what you want to do, you're making this for yourself, we're the audience, yes, you need to recognize what will please us all, but remember that the animation is yours. Do not let someone draw your guidelines, you can break the box if you want. Always try to think outside of the box and do something new and innovative.

Good luck on your ideas, and may you prosper.

[The Return]
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum