View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

fight choreographing

on 10/7/2011, 9:06 am
i would like to make a sprite fight but i dont know how to choreograph it can someone please help me?

and not something like boxing ex : mario punches sonic sonic moves back sways then hits mario with a roundhouse kick etc. i mean like action like when to do slow mo and dodge moves and suff and eyecandy thanks.
Spritan
Spritan

Re: fight choreographing

on 10/7/2011, 9:57 am
we can't really help in this normally what i do is listen to the BG music in the battle and then imagine what goes well with it
you just gotta flow with the music and the imagination

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/7/2011, 11:05 am
I think I'm perfect for this job... and so it that faggot Patt. Tal gave you a good tip but I can give you the lesson if you are willing to be patient.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/7/2011, 11:26 am
well you know i can think of a fight and then tell you how to do it but it's just not fun for you and for me
but of course we can always give you some basic tips

"Interesting sig text"

View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 10/7/2011, 12:19 pm
it'll just come to you dude. you gotta think about it. all of my sprite fights have been improvised with the sprites I have.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
(figuratively speaking of course)
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/7/2011, 12:22 pm
yeah just combine sprites with music, use some creativity and BOOM you have a decent battle

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/7/2011, 12:39 pm
well ping im ready to be patient.

Eric = Owns the place
Ping = Booty warrrior
Leo = Thatcartoonyspriteanimator
Mr.lange = Epic animator, one of the best of saw so far. (Can't wait for NASF 2!)
Dr.mange = Mr.Lange's nemesis
Me = Newbie
Leafkirby = Said that i have BEAST MODE.
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/7/2011, 1:10 pm
patience is good for animating good

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/7/2011, 2:31 pm
well ping u going to help me?

Eric = Owns the place
Ping = Booty warrrior
Mr.lange = Epic animator, one of the best of saw so far. (Can't wait for NASF 2!)
Me = Newbie
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/7/2011, 2:38 pm
im not good with advice but ill try

picture it in your head, even if what you picture looks like it will be hard to make or will take to long, do it anyways because itl be worth it. but just picture what will happen every 5 seconds, then when you animate those 5 seconds keep doing it, thats what i do

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/7/2011, 2:46 pm
^ good tip indeed

"Interesting sig text"

on 10/7/2011, 2:46 pm
@Zombieluigi wrote:well ping u going to help me?

dude, ping isn't on right now. like I said, this isn't an instant messaging site, you have to WAIT for your response. you can't just say, "hey ping can you help me?" and then wait a few minutes after someone posts and say "well? are you going to help me?"

WAIT. it's hard I know, WAIT for them to notice your topic, OR BETTER YET. PM THEM.

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/7/2011, 3:10 pm
ok zombieluigi SXR will probably say to you stuff like this a lot of times...basically he will always mange to find the worst....how great is that?
no seriously man (sxr) you gotta be less "evil"

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/7/2011, 3:22 pm
no one can answer that question, if u want help just go to utube and watch some good fights, and learn from them. But i will tell u some advice to make ur animation not boring. Always include the background as part of the animation, like dont just make it stick there make it look like we are watching an anime battle. EX: if sonic and shadow are fighting in emerl city, make one of them go through a building and continue the fight inside the building (THAT WOULD BE EPIC) u dont have to use this but its an idea. GL man
~CJ

The Unstoppable Ala Rubra

on 10/7/2011, 3:24 pm
I ain't being evil, I'm tell him what's what before an admin see's it.

anyways, jsut do what everyone else said, to make a long story short, just come up with ideas in your head

ADOPT A CHAO!!
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/7/2011, 6:27 pm
well thanks guys i just pm'd ping and im sll set for the basics.

Eric = Owns the place
Ping = Booty warrrior
Me = Newbie
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/7/2011, 11:39 pm
I think for you to do that it's experience and all.
Picture it out. Draw it, dream about it whatever is your way and just practice it.
There's no real answer to question since it all depends on skill, imagination and illusion.
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2011, 12:31 am
well i'll ignore SXR for now cause i think we annoyed each other a little more then the limit

listen (zombie):

your first battle don't have and can't be perfect
you just animate then you learn from your mistakes and animate better
i started like crap and i just got better and better even though i'm still training i'm not animating like it's my first animation everytime
when you upload your animation i'm going to give you a huge ass review XD

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2011, 3:21 am
tal9x9 wrote:ok zombieluigi SXR will probably say to you stuff like this a lot of times...basically he will always mange to find the worst....how great is that?
no seriously man (sxr) you gotta be less "evil"
Nah SXR don't be evil he be telling it like it is. Cool

Don't worry Zombie Luigi I'm almost done with my tutorial.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2011, 6:43 am
what tut did you gave him?

like basic tips or did you told him your idea for a battle?

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2011, 7:10 am
Both. I'm making an animation so he'll get the idea and the basic 101 of how to do it.

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2011, 7:28 am
thanks ping r u posting here or pm' me for it? and also i have the jumping thing u asked for done.

sry i cant give u the link but if u look up jumpingphysics (yes one word) u might find it on truploader.
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2011, 8:11 am
oh so you just learned how to make a proper jump?

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2011, 8:14 am
yes i did its on truploader under zombieluigi if u search users and its the .swf jumpingphysics sry i cant post links yet u will just have to find it on truploader....

Eric = Owns the place
Ping = Booty warrrior
Me = Newbie
Spritan
Spritan

on 10/8/2011, 8:31 am
Ah. Excellent. That's remotely close to what were going to achieve. A little advice. Make the sprites flow when you skew them. The way luigi bent down was like he was a bouncy ball. Other than that, I like it. I totally commend you for the work you put into the skewing and the jump.
He just stayed in the air too long. It's like the gravity just dropped to zero. Try to make it more like this.

What you did in your animation had the same principle in my animation. When you move the sprites, you can move it with it directional keys. You can move it faster if you magnify out to 62% (by pressing ctrl and -), and slowly when it's at 2000% magnified.
Zoom out to 125%. Select the selection tool so you wont see the boxes. Much easier to see. Now here is the tricky part. Mainly it is tricky because I am using 30 frames per second and I'm using a different character, but I will show you exactly how my movements you need to do to make a perfect jump.

Press F6 two times. Press up 26 six times times

F6 Two times. Move up 13 times.

F6 Two times. Insert your second leap sprite, IF you have one. If you don't just use the one you already have. Now align the second leap sprite by zooming up to 2000%. Align the sprite by foot:

Zoom out to 125. Move up 10 times

You see what we're doing? Depending on the Zoom, you can set up a system where you move the sprites longer and lower. This is called the sliding technique, interval, which is the proper term. This is how you can achieve smoothness with a jump. This works for pretty much everything. It applies for everything, even the v-cam. Alright, moving on.
F6 two times. move up 8 times.

F6 Two times. Move up 5 times.

By now, you should test weather it looks good or not. Adjust the sprites that are going up and see if it looks good by testing the movie.

So keep moving up. Zoom 1 by ctrl and + while you go less and less until the sprite is ready to fall.
Thats what is happening here. I am moving the sprites by one as I zoom up closer.

Now I will go down. As I do, I will zoom up two 2000%, and go down 1. F6 Go down by 1 again. F6 Go down again by 1. Zoom out. F6 Go down by 1. F6 Go down by one. F6 go down by one.
What's happening is that the sprite will slowly fall down and then it will fall down faster.
It's all about toying with the sprites but HOPEFULLY this will give you an idea of physics.

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum