View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Fighting game

on 9/10/2011, 4:01 pm
I just wanted to know if anyone knows how to make a fighting game. like character selection and stages. all that stuff. or at least give me the site to where i can learn how to do such things.
Spritan
Spritan

Re: Fighting game

on 9/10/2011, 4:12 pm
This request deserves a:

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Deuteronomy 13:7-12
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/10/2011, 4:32 pm
:/
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/10/2011, 4:55 pm
Please refrain from posting short posts like that.
Anyways, I wouldn't recommend flash for constructing a fighting game.
I'd recommend Mugen for something like that.

If your own full brother, or your son or daughter, or your beloved wife, or you intimate friend, entices you secretly to serve other gods, whom you and your fathers have not known, gods of any other nations, near at hand or far away, from one end of the earth to the other: do not yield to him or listen to him, nor look with pity upon him, to spare or shield him, but kill him. Your hand shall be the first raised to slay him; the rest of the people shall join in with you. You shall stone him to death, because he sought to lead you astray from the Lord, your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, that place of slavery. And all Israel, hearing of this, shall fear and never do such evil as this in your midst.
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/10/2011, 4:57 pm
Mugen is an engine. but does not alow a server or internet engine. flash is excellent for a fighting game, but it just needs the right scripting. And my post was small, cause i dont need much and im multitasking. If you wont awnser my question, then please for the sake of god. dont awnser at all, and let someone else stumble upon it.
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/11/2011, 12:37 am
@Comickilljoy wrote:Mugen is an engine. but does not alow a server or internet engine. flash is excellent for a fighting game, but it just needs the right scripting. And my post was small, cause i dont need much and im multitasking. If you wont awnser my question, then please for the sake of god. dont awnser at all, and let someone else stumble upon it.
Does not allow a server or internet engine?
Oh look, another one of those online-game projects.
Also, I warned you about your small-character post because it's considered spam here, and you can get banned for excessive short posts.
And yes, Flash is good when you have a good scripter, but considering you're asking for tutorials, I'm not sure that retains to you.
I suggested Mugen because it's easier and requires not much knowledge at all to use it.

View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 9/11/2011, 1:03 am
I agree with jellal, if you've no prior experience with scripting in flash, then it isn't something for you to be using if you want to make a fighting game, Mugen on the other hand is perfect for beginners, and while you work on your game in mugen, you can learn how to script on flash.
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/11/2011, 1:09 am
@Comickilljoy wrote:I just wanted to know if anyone knows how to make a fighting game. like character selection and stages. all that stuff. or at least give me the site to where i can learn how to do such things.

mugencharacters.ucoz.com

Go to forum.

Lurk.

Have fun.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/11/2011, 3:20 am
That's a resource site.
Bad linker is bad.

Spritan
Spritan

on 9/11/2011, 3:35 am
@Jellal wrote:That's a resource site.
Bad linker is bad.

http://mugencharacters.ucoz.com/forum/23-180-1

Get the mugen engine to play the game Mugen.

http://mugencharacters.ucoz.com/forum/11

Learn to code your characters and what not.

Isn't this what he wants? Flash isn't the right tool. You got to be an actionscript fanatic to know how to make a good fight game in Flash.
You suggest this, no? I mean, this is perfect for him, right?

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/11/2011, 3:39 am
Quit trying to be a questioning condescending prick.

That site is mainly a resource site, and there is an official site for the product.

Spritan
Spritan

on 9/11/2011, 3:56 am
^ damn I tried...

Administrator
Administrator

on 9/11/2011, 9:25 am
Well what Flash do you use?

[The Return]

on 9/11/2011, 4:25 pm
Flash IS the right tool.
If used well.

Damn you all for giving such stupid responses saying that it's bad for him.
OP, don't listen to these monsters, learn ActionScript (if you want) and do it. On the other hand, MUGEN is kinda good, but it's way complex than Flash, if you ask me.

If Flash isn't suitable then tell me, how people do tons and tons of fighting games with it?
Just do a little search, they're everywhere.
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/11/2011, 4:36 pm
1. I know how to mugen, but it isnt what im looking for. 2. Its cs3 patt and 3. I've been searching a long time for a site that can teach actionscripting for a game. But searching google can be like trying to find an asian in a chinese resturant. the shit is hard

on 9/11/2011, 4:48 pm
Take that, guys.

Well I recommend you learn some basic actionscript and then how to do a platform game. It will help you in understanding (and making) things like gravity, how to move a character around and so and so.

With that, you have a good foundation. Then all you gotta do is learn how to put some attacks on your characters (which should be simple once you learn the rest) and have them fighting on a small area.

???

Profit
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/11/2011, 7:21 pm
Ok, now all i need to do is find a place where i can do that. Google, here i come
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/11/2011, 8:46 pm
@Leo wrote:Flash IS the right tool.
If used well.

OP, don't listen to these monsters, learn ActionScript (if you want) and do it. On the other hand, MUGEN is kinda good, but it's way complex than Flash, if you ask me.

If Flash isn't suitable then tell me, how people do tons and tons of fighting games with it?
Mugen is equally the right tool.
You're just as bad for dismissing our responses for stupid.
Mugen is incredibly simple, and you could even reprogram it into an online system by learning language as equally sophisticated as Actionscript.
And no, we didn't say flash wasn't suitable, we said this wasn't for beginners.
Giant thumbs down for Leo.

Spritan
Spritan

on 9/11/2011, 10:15 pm
mugen cannot be programed to be played online, and i know mugen like the back of my hands. but mugen is just a an engine. nothing more. And flash would be better to start off with for me case i know mostly actionscript language and learning java is a waste of time. Also, flash can have a online type engine attached to it, and ive played many games as such. And Leo is correct, you awnser was entirely unwanted, and i didnt ask for any of that. Ping is cool though, and i thank him for those links.
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/11/2011, 10:52 pm
The finding an asian in a chinese restaurant thing was bad lmao.
But as for flash actionscripting look on google bro. perhaps newground forums can help you better as well.
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/11/2011, 10:54 pm
@Jellal wrote:
@Leo wrote:Flash IS the right tool.
If used well.

Mugen is equally the right tool.
You're just as bad for dismissing our responses for stupid.
Mugen is incredibly simple, and you could even reprogram it into an online system by learning language as equally sophisticated as Actionscript.
And no, we didn't say flash wasn't suitable, we said this wasn't for beginners.
Giant thumbs down for Leo.
CaptainUglyAss is right bro I agree. It's not that hard to understand, but going beyond it's boundaries is the challenge, and I know our common friend OP here doesn't want to take the initiative to learn it. I wouldn't. He wants to do it with Flash, though. So no Mugen.

@Leo wrote:Take that, guys.

Well I recommend you learn some basic actionscript and then how to do a platform game. It will help you in understanding (and making) things like gravity, how to move a character around and so and so.

With that, you have a good foundation. Then all you gotta do is learn how to put some attacks on your characters (which should be simple once you learn the rest) and have them fighting on a small area.

Uh...yeah word good tip Leonidas great. (:
@Leo wrote:

???

Profit
...bitch please.
@Comickilljoy wrote:mugen cannot be programed to be played online, and i know mugen like the back of my hands. but mugen is just a an engine. nothing more. And flash would be better to start off with for me case i know mostly actionscript language and learning java is a waste of time. Also, flash can have a online type engine attached to it, and ive played many games as such. And Leo is correct, you awnser was entirely unwanted, and i didnt ask for any of that. Ping is cool though, and i thank him for those links.
Take THAT bitches- I mean, I'm glad I could help. I know what you want to do though. You have no freedom to share the work outside or inside, really. Ask us anything else if you need the help.

Spritan
Spritan

on 9/12/2011, 3:24 pm
@Comickilljoy wrote:mugen cannot be programed to be played online, and i know mugen like the back of my hands. but mugen is just a an engine. nothing more. And flash would be better to start off with for me case i know mostly actionscript language and learning java is a waste of time. Also, flash can have a online type engine attached to it, and ive played many games as such. And Leo is correct, you awnser was entirely unwanted, and i didnt ask for any of that. Ping is cool though, and i thank him for those links.
Okay, it's people like you that irritate me.
You think just because there's some .dll files and some .exe files, it can't be edited, rewritten, or molded.
Any one program can be re-written, molded, or edited, Mugen, Safari, or that garbage iTunes.
And learning Java is not pointless, Java uses a lot of similar syntax from C/C++, so you're also getting a lead on that language.
Clearly you don't know Mugen like the back of your hand.
Giant thumbs down for you too.

Spritan
Spritan

on 9/13/2011, 3:26 pm
@Jellal wrote:
Okay, it's people like you that irritate me.
You think just because there's some .dll files and some .exe files, it can't be edited, rewritten, or molded.
Any one program can be re-written, molded, or edited, Mugen, Safari, or that garbage iTunes.
And learning Java is not pointless, Java uses a lot of similar syntax from C/C++, so you're also getting a lead on that language.
Clearly you don't know Mugen like the back of your hand.
Giant thumbs down for you too.

You know what, you're right. thank you for giving me advice on something i dont need. and telling me to use a program in a forum for flash. -claps- Just maybe, just maybe. I may only know most of actionscript and i dont wanna bother with mugen?

I'll give that time to sink in
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/13/2011, 4:18 pm
Perhaps I'll give you time to remove that condescending attitude before this turns into a total flamewar.
So yeah, if a guy comes up on a flash forum and asks how he can make music with it, would you tell him to extensively screw around with flash to avoid its original intention, or tell him to get a program suited for it?
And maybe, just maybe, you do know shit about actionscripting.
But clearly not enough to the point where you have to ask for a tutorial.

Oh look, this is slowly evolving into a flamewar.

View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/sonicXrules123

on 9/13/2011, 5:34 pm
damn you jellal and your logic... at one point he seems to be right but then you come right back at him... anyway, i'mma not get involved and just watch..

but so far, I'm on jellal's side Very Happy
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum