View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

The Guy Who never listened

on 8/21/2011, 12:07 pm
i just read the review everyone gave my disgusting videos this is it :https://www.thespritas.com/t1618-this

(i know this is a old topic to reply to but i have to say this)

i had absolutely no idea that they were that bad. i mean when i first watched SMBZ i really wanted to do my own sprite series and that turned out REALLY BAD.

I let small compliments get the better of me and i now see that you shouldn't do animations for other people u should do them for urself and should dedicate urself to improving it.

In all honestly i was overcocky i mean when i get a few comments that were positive i felt that i was on top and a great animator, so when dacreator(D3Anims) told me to use flash i didnt even bother to listen to him.

i want to first apologize to D3Anims for not taking his advice and using flash im so srry man i hope u can forgive me. i didnt know at the time i thought flash was really complicated and didnt even bother to give it a try (i know see that was stupid)
second i want to apologize to leo, when u tried to help me i thought (hmph im just gonna do my animations my way, and well look how that turned out.

toxic reaper i dont think im one of the worst paint users i mean just type in sonic v shadow on utube and ull see hundreds of paint vids that are worse than me like this
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbIiv6axpho&feature=related
i agree when u say i suck

Jayden u were right i felt bad for anyone i sent that horrible video too expecting more praise

Also want to say sorry to Eric because i took a explosion scene from one of his videos without asking i deeply apologize for that

third i want to say sorry to everyone that had watch it, i was young and thought animations were cool so i didnt try to improve and when i got a few good compliments i let it go to my head. Everything that was said in that topic is true. I used paint, pivot and wmm But from now on im going to dedicate myself to flash and practice everyday so that i can post vids that wont make u guys wanna puke. I really hope that u guys can help me improve i wanna be a great animator and i need u guys to show me the way.

P.S Ping u have a way with words, and if this is supposed to be in another topic srry i didnt know where to post

again truly sorry ~Cooljoshua567 (shit animator in progress)

Last edited by Cooljoshua567 on 8/22/2011, 8:56 am; edited 4 times in total
Spritan
Spritan

Re: The Guy Who never listened

on 8/21/2011, 2:00 pm
Yeah, this is in the wrong place.
Well, i never watched it but it can't possibly be THAT bad. Don't be so hard on yourself, everyone makes mistakes. At least you can admit that you have a problem rather than people on youtube that just brush away constructive criticism and never get better.
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/21/2011, 2:08 pm
thanks knux, ur right i shouldn't let it get me down completely now at least i can improve on getting better
oh where is this supposed to go general disscussion?
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/25/2011, 1:16 am
Dnt feel srry for yourself and put confidence in yourself
AdminPatt shud really look into a general discussion topic XD

W A V E D A S H B O Y Z

Respect your elders.
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/25/2011, 7:56 am
alright i will crashbox, imma move forward and not dwell on the past

The Unstoppable Ala Rubra

Spritan
Spritan

on 8/25/2011, 3:03 pm
lolz no prob

Administrator
Administrator

on 8/25/2011, 4:09 pm
Wat

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/25/2011, 4:37 pm
@Patt wrote:Wat
forget it Patt im already past this, i just wrote this when i was really depressed now im great:)
Administrator
Administrator

on 8/25/2011, 11:15 pm
Listen, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, when they first start out, they believe that the animation is great. They don't quite understand it yet, it's just like anything. You think you do well, because it's coming from yourself. But at the same time you are your harshest critic. Remember that. You'll come to love your work however when you understand yourself more and can watch your animation and can critique as you should, properly, you will truly then begin to improve at great speeds. When you reach a level that you can recognize your own mistakes, AND FIX THEM, you've reached the turning point in your animating life.

To recognize a mistake is one thing. That's a good sign. But to be able to fix it on your own, that shows dedication and power. That shows that you know what you're doing and you know how to fix mistakes. If you can't even find the mistake then...that's bad. You need to be able to spot them. Only then is when you will see your own turning point.

This timing I call; the zone. Like when a sport player is doing really well, they're in the zone. It feels like with every animation you're doubling your powers, you're getting double XP from each battle. It's like nothing can stop you. But there's a downfall with this. You can burn out very easily. Just as easy as getting up there. Be careful man.

And with that, I ask, shall this be locked?

[The Return]

on 8/26/2011, 1:28 am
Sounds like we all learned something, lock 'er up!

Spritan
Spritan

don't feel bad

on 8/26/2011, 2:35 am
i watched you're animation i must say you're better then a lot of people that i saw besides you just started (i think) and no one can be amazing at his beginning you don't need to take it to you're heart
so you're not amazing like other people here but you're probably better then at least 1000 animators believe me so don't feel bad and just keep training in the end you'll be great! hope i helped
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/26/2011, 4:33 am
@Patt wrote:Listen, everyone, and I mean EVERYONE, when they first start out, they believe that the animation is great. They don't quite understand it yet, it's just like anything. You think you do well, because it's coming from yourself. But at the same time you are your harshest critic. Remember that. You'll come to love your work however when you understand yourself more and can watch your animation and can critique as you should, properly, you will truly then begin to improve at great speeds. When you reach a level that you can recognize your own mistakes, AND FIX THEM, you've reached the turning point in your animating life.

To recognize a mistake is one thing. That's a good sign. But to be able to fix it on your own, that shows dedication and power. That shows that you know what you're doing and you know how to fix mistakes. If you can't even find the mistake then...that's bad. You need to be able to spot them. Only then is when you will see your own turning point.

This timing I call; the zone. Like when a sport player is doing really well, they're in the zone. It feels like with every animation you're doubling your powers, you're getting double XP from each battle. It's like nothing can stop you. But there's a downfall with this. You can burn out very easily. Just as easy as getting up there. Be careful man.

And with that, I ask, shall this be locked?

thanks u for the motivational speech, and this can be locked, i no longer have any doubts about myself
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/26/2011, 4:49 am
it's good that you don't too bad i didn't read the other comments before posting Serious

"Interesting sig text"

Spritan
Spritan

on 9/3/2011, 12:54 pm
josh we should have a newb animation battle. Since I suck sorta Very Happy

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum