View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Ways to start a flash.

on 8/6/2011, 8:31 pm
Ok so basically I need ways on how to start a flash animation. More specifically a fight. I can animate pretty decently my only problem is that I can't think of way to start them off. I currently want to do a ryu vs ken or something with street fighter/kof characters but the thing is I can't thing of a way to start it off. Like lets say I have ryu and ken standing away from one another like a typical street fighter match. How would I go about starting the fight? I know this is more of a personal preference but I figured suggestions and ideas couldn't hurt.
Spritan
Spritan

Re: Ways to start a flash.

on 8/6/2011, 9:47 pm
Make Ken Spam Hadonkens then Ryu block Repeat and Rinse

then wait for profit

Skype Lawls:
Spoiler:

Avatar by LeeTheHedgeHog and userbar done by SynsterB

Spritan
Spritan

on 8/6/2011, 9:59 pm
Picture it in your head, then make it happen on flash

Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 8/6/2011, 10:14 pm
they both use tatsumaki senpu kyaku but one of them does a cancel into their super move.

My upcoming projects

Captain Falcon vs Bang Shishigami: 4%      Vergil vs Sephiroth: 60%      

Killer Instinct Origins: TJ Combo:10%        Dragonclaw vs Evil Ryu Remake: 10%

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/6/2011, 10:38 pm
2 words, Shinra...Tensei

Spritan
Spritan

on 8/17/2011, 11:58 am
Make on of them (if they have a walking sprite) start walking on a street or grassland and then ryu fire a hadoken or w/e its called at him then have a quick conversation (make it funny if u want) and then BOOM start ur fight

The Unstoppable Ala Rubra

Spritan
Spritan

on 8/17/2011, 12:51 pm
Wat I would do is start it off like they do in the games you kno the fist bump and then the dash away or like Ryu would have his bag and he would drop it and ken would do some starting animation

W A V E D A S H B O Y Z

Respect your elders.
Administrator
Administrator

on 8/17/2011, 2:31 pm
There are many ways so start your animation. Every animator has their own way of starting as well. A good way to figure out how you like to start is by checking out how action films or other animators start. This will give you a main idea. Now remember, you're using these films and fight scenes as inspiration. It will give you good return.

Now, a lot of animators like to start off with starting in the middle of action. This kind of benefits the animator in a few ways. You don't need to introduce a storyline if you want to do something more than a random fight. You also get to start off in the middle of the fight, it let's you just go crazy. You're free to do what you want, nothing can look awkward. There won't be that unusual standing waiting to be hit moments. It really helps.

The down side to this however is, you need to be able to pick good pauses in the perfect situations. Remember, the audience loves to watch a fight however they don't like to watch bullshit fighting for 10 minutes straight. Just like for reading. If this wasn't separated in paragraphs you would be intimidated. It's crazy. But the free space gives the brain relaxation. Let's you realize it may not be that much. With straight fighting, you can't just go crazy with all these punches and kicks and everything it's just unappealing after a bit.

Also by taking a small 1-10 second break it let's the audience take in what they just saw. If not, they're still trying to comprehend, remember, everything is playing as it's going. The camera doesn't stop, it goes on and on. Giving them that little break gives them the time to think. It helps.

Now, you can start your animation anyway. It can start from dialogue. But remember don't do the awkwardness. It doesn't work. It looks unnatural it doesn't happen in real life. If you are to emulate a fight you need to do it correctly. So take your approach the way you feel you will need to. I suggest planning ahead your entire or at least a lot of your fight. That way you know how to easily transition from one idea to another, and flow through them easily.

[The Return]
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/17/2011, 2:57 pm
That was beautiful AdminPatt ='D -applause-

W A V E D A S H B O Y Z

Respect your elders.
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttp://psychodino3.deviantart.com/https://twitter.com/PsychoDino

on 8/19/2011, 11:52 am
-Claps continuosly-

I just read something and understood it. nice Patt. Shocked
Spritan
Spritan

on 8/19/2011, 10:13 pm
Make one of them getting blasted onto screen and then start your fight.

Administrator
Administrator

on 8/20/2011, 10:58 am
^ A way to start mid fight. : )

[The Return]
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum