View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Hello, Clovis 15 here.

on 1/16/2011, 2:11 am
Hello, Clovis15 from Newgrounds here. I'm probably more well known as the sole animator/director for Chrono Trigger Unglued ever since Cryo handed over the reigns to me in late 2005 when he gave up on trying to finish Episode 11. I could also say that I am the writer for the webcomic Work-Study, but I somehow doubt that name is actually known of by any around here. My current flash endeavors would include efforts to continue Chrono Trigger Unglued, bringing together the currently running Chrono Trigger Collab that I am running over at Newgrounds, one day making my promised sequel to Marathon, and something else which I won't mention right now that may or may not ever fully materialize. I am also working on writing a novel, but I doubt anyone here particularly much cares for that either.

Now for the reason I am here. As of late I have noticed a bunch of bad sprite movies hitting the portal, I won't name names, that were of the sort that help give all the other sprite animators trying their hardest the wonderful distinction of Newground's De Facto Scum. All of these movies mentioned SPRITAS somewhere on them, and eventually I decided I had to find out if there was some new group specifically aiming to spam Newgrounds with bad movies for - as they often put it - the 'lulz'. As the links of all those movies were broken, something to be expected for the quality in question, I had to track you down through google. However, when I get here I find a vast array of tutorials striving to push people towards excellence over ignorant failure. So I guess I'm sorry I was worried you were the makings of the next Star Syndicate, you can't really stop someone from putting your name in front of bad movies even if they don't seem care about excellence as least as much as it might seem the staff here does. I fully support any and all efforts to teach people how not to use flash in the most embarassing methods possible.

Last edited by Clovis15 on 1/16/2011, 2:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Spritan
Spritan

Re: Hello, Clovis 15 here.

on 1/16/2011, 2:12 am
Welcome to The Spritas. Do you like Naruto?

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2011, 2:15 am
I don't not like Naruto, but it would never make my top 10 list either.
Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 1/16/2011, 2:16 am
haha they gave us a bad name /sob
and welcome, what do you think you'll contribute to us (if any)?

and i'll be a monkey's uncle, Ping didn't post a stupid reply in this thread >_>

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2011, 2:17 am
... your welcome... *curses*

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2011, 2:21 am
@Granadico wrote:haha they gave us a bad name /sob

That depends, define 'contribute'.
Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 1/16/2011, 2:26 am
@Clovis15 wrote:
@Granadico wrote:haha they gave us a bad name /sob

That depends, define 'contribute'.

–verb (used with object)
to give (money, time, knowledge, assistance, etc.) to a common supply, fund, etc., as for charitable purposes.

anything really, whether its a post here and there, or a tutorial to help the "ignorant failure[s]", or just a simple sprite sheet.

made by Knux184

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2011, 2:54 am
Well, I did just write a tutorial about how to very easily get both dynamic start and stopping control, place resumation, and infinite looping, with streamed audio placed inside a movie symbol.

Tutorial: Easy Dynamic Sound Control With Resume

I am always glad to spread the wealth of knowledge.

Last edited by Clovis15 on 1/16/2011, 6:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Administrator
Administrator

on 1/16/2011, 3:07 am
22 episodes!??! that's quite the devotion.
and i can't give any critique on the tut, since flash isn't my strongpoint. :\ but the thought and act of writing us a quote is very kind Very Happy

made by Knux184

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2011, 3:14 am
That is nothing, Secret of Mana Theater has run for over 300 episodes. While the episodes may be 1-2 minutes each (usually), it is still mind boggling that he has managed to persevere with it for so long. Also, reports of the series demise are no longer true... he's updating again. He was a major influence upon me, making it clear that anything worth doing was worth doing all the way with excellence.

on 1/16/2011, 6:42 am
@Clovis15 wrote:That is nothing, Secret of Mana Theater has run for over 300 episodes.

That's SPARTA.

Anyway, I'm Leo, just a normal animator willing to make people stop using DBZ sounds. Enjoy your stay here at The Spritas.

And everyone that made those movies saying stuff about this website must die >:[
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2011, 6:43 am
@Clovis15 wrote:I don't not like Naruto, but it would never make my top 10 list either.

I already love him.

Administrator
Administrator

on 1/16/2011, 10:05 am
We are no Dizzy Duck Crew, Kitty Krew, Faggot Federation, Clock Crew, Lock Crew, Star Syndicate or any of that.
I knew it was inevitable that people advertising us on bad videos would give us a terrible name, but I was hoping that, like you, bringing their attention here would show you what the site is about.
This site is to encourage your art, in any form, to help it grow in quality as much as we can.
The thing is, that any young spriter is easily fooled. They think that something generally TERRIBLE is actually very good, be it done by himself or another, because it's so new to them, as well as they feel it's so complex they did a good job making any sort of product. They see one good sprite film, monkey see monkey do, and they dump it expecting praise.

If you check youtube, you'd see that the crappy sprite video dumping is anywhere but newgrounds. We teach flash, which is probably why they go to newgrounds, they have an SWF to throw there.
Some of these people throw our name there to help the site grow, some for the hell of it, so please don't take their videos as a representative to what we can offer. We help the small grow so you'll see a lot of them but we do have some high quality stuff, and other who are getting closer to higher quality stuff thanks to our teaching and helping.

Thanks for your contribution to the tutorials, every now and then we get a contributer not a consumer hehe.

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2011, 11:36 am
Welcome to the site.

Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2011, 11:39 am
Welcome to dude...I believe I seen one of your works before but yeah your pretty good
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2011, 12:45 pm
I liked that tutorial you did.

Administrator
Administrator

on 1/16/2011, 1:52 pm
@Eric wrote:We are no Dizzy Duck Crew, Kitty Krew, Faggot Federation, Clock Crew, Lock Crew, Star Syndicate or any of that.

are those clans or something? and lol@their names, they're all alliterations and crap

made by Knux184

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
Administrator
Administrator

on 1/16/2011, 2:06 pm
@Granadico wrote:
@Eric wrote:We are no Dizzy Duck Crew, Kitty Krew, Faggot Federation, Clock Crew, Lock Crew, Star Syndicate or any of that.

are those clans or something? and lol@their names, they're all alliterations and crap
They're crews hell bent on fucking with newgrounds.

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2011, 2:21 pm
I just realized this guy is older then madface and probably Lange :0

Administrator
Administrator

on 1/16/2011, 2:24 pm
according to his age thing, yeah i think he's the oldest

made by Knux184

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2011, 4:22 pm
@Eric wrote:
@Granadico wrote:

They're crews hell bent on fucking with newgrounds.

And I try to blam their movies every chance I get... although there have been some actually impressive Clock Crew movies from time to time that I did enjoy.

To Renny:

With age comes experience... and if not experience, then at least a chance to become horribly set in your ways and bad habbits. Can you believe I still regularly make movies at only 12fps? I know there's massive benefits to using a higher frame-rate, but I've been working on an on-going series for a long time now and really don't want to edit every single movie loop in my animation library that has since grown over 6 megs (the import as library command is your best friend).

To All:

Actually, if anyone wants that library they are free to have it. Just be warned, you will have to tweak with the timing on the animation loops as they were all designed for 12fps. Still, it is massively large and each and every last one of the sprite frames in are meticulously catalogued and named in a consistant manner. Lastly, it's obviously all about Chrono Trigger.
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2011, 4:51 pm
I thought it was with age comes wisdom >_>

Administrator
Administrator

on 1/16/2011, 4:52 pm
@Renny wrote:I thought it was with age comes wisdom >_>
with age comes both Razz

made by Knux184

But those days are gone
But there may not be one
Spritan
Spritan

on 1/16/2011, 5:18 pm
Alrighty then

Administrator
Administrator

on 1/16/2011, 9:00 pm
Aside finding out we're actually trying to help not destroy the spriting community, what makes you stay and contribute so much to this site that has so little significance to the interwebz?
Especially since you're at least remotely big on newgrounds.

Watch your ass.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum