View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Another new one, (noob :D)

on 12/7/2010, 7:35 pm
Hello~ there !, I'm Cleru, the newbie. I'm not good at animatin' to be honest I just started with this some days ago, and as my post's title says, I'm a noob~
I ended finding out this site when i was looking for some good tutorials about how to making my sprite animation more "fluid" I, indeed -Ended up in "Mr Lange"'s Splendid Flash Tips post -That was, certainly the bests tips that I had read in some long time o: that's why I tough that I can learn, so much from this forum study

I won't be creating useless post asking for noob stuff Serious sounds or sprites, but maybe i'll post here my cr**ie newbie animations someday soon.. and I, neither am rude, I'll go there n' there trying to get some help with my animation's fluidity, learning and etc -Hope that I'll be wellcome ^^

And here, would like to ask your tips for animation.. like.. how many fps should i use?.. im at the moment using 40... but i dont think that it is the best..
scratch

Well' thanks to you all for reading ^^, see ya' around..
Spritan
Spritan

Re: Another new one, (noob :D)

on 12/7/2010, 7:39 pm
40 fps?O?>>>>>>M>>>>>G.
use 24-30.
also,use vcam for all animations,for intense animations,this will
help.try not to trace bitmap,breck apart.too make backgrounds trandparent(a easy free way)download paint.net and all your trobles will go away.
i hope too seee great things from you
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/7/2010, 7:49 pm
If your are using 40 fps suscessfully, keep going, you'll be making amazingly smooth animations in no time!
Although if you are just starting out I'd use 30 fps.

I aprove of you, Cleru, and expect great things from you.

Spoiler:

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/7/2010, 8:16 pm
Indeed we are all eager to answer your questions, welcome to Spritas.

Administrator
Administrator

on 12/7/2010, 8:24 pm
"How many fps should i use?"
If that was a grammatically incorrect way of saying "what fps should i use" then 24-30 is good. 40 is the fps of old school games so if you like how it feels go for it.
Choose a fps that is in good balance and feels right.
And is 24 or above.

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/7/2010, 11:07 pm
@Cleru wrote:
how many fps should i use?.. im at the moment using 40... but i dont think that it is the best..
scratch

Well' thanks to you all for reading ^^, see ya' around..

Dear god...

You obviously want to run faster when fatties are chasing you. God lord...
This may sound vice versa, but go down to 30 fps.

Welcome to The Spritas.
So what do you animate with?

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/8/2010, 10:09 am
What a pleasant wellcome~ Thankyou everyone, and I'm really sorry, 'cos my english is... a lame? , that's it. I'm from latino america, that is why... my english isn't that good neither.

So 40 fps is too much? it is pretty fast and.. because of that every pose in the mov clips has to have 5-6 frames.. >_< okay.. because im just starting with this I'll try to slow down to 24~30 as almost you all says : D

I'll try my best, 'cos I don't about this as a part time hobby or a smooth joke, but something that I really would love to do. I want to learn and so I will~

I'll also will share the resources that i have found too far and try to help the others members too. I think that I shall share my first animation in.. like a week.. I' still need so much practice ^^

What do I animate with? Sprites, starting with nintendo sprites (Kirby) ^^,

Paint, Gimp..pain.. Oh, being a noob is such a nice experience~
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/8/2010, 11:48 am
@Cleru wrote:What a pleasant wellcome~ Thankyou everyone, and I'm really sorry, 'cos my english is... a lame? , that's it. I'm from latino america, that is why... my english isn't that good neither.

So 40 fps is too much? it is pretty fast and.. because of that every pose in the mov clips has to have 5-6 frames.. >_< okay.. because im just starting with this I'll try to slow down to 24~30 as almost you all says : D

I'll try my best, 'cos I don't about this as a part time hobby or a smooth joke, but something that I really would love to do. I want to learn and so I will~

I'll also will share the resources that i have found too far and try to help the others members too. I think that I shall share my first animation in.. like a week.. I' still need so much practice ^^

What do I animate with? Sprites, starting with nintendo sprites (Kirby) ^^,

That's good to hear. We are glad (well atleast me) that you feel comfortable to share your resources. Eh, I need somethings myself.

So yeah. Drop down to 30 or below. But you will still have to extend the frames of each sprites.

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/8/2010, 7:43 pm
I'll doble 'em, because... the "standar" fps value is just 12, 24 is the doble of that. so i'll just duplicate the number of frames by X/12, as if... 24/12= 2 so each pose must have 2 frames to be "enough slow" right? *w* :roll:

Uh.. im havin' some problems at the moment, triying to figure out how to "clean" an effect sprite.. that black BG is just so annoying anyway.. and also... the vcam :3U ¿Any tips? :bounce: I.. kinda know that it isn't okay to ask questions here, right? if that is like that im sorry >_<
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/8/2010, 7:46 pm
if you want to get rid of the black background you must convert it into a movie clip and use the Screen effect, view erics tutorials on spriting for more info, number 7 if i remember correctly, give or take 2
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/8/2010, 7:48 pm
Yeah, so double the frames by x2.

To get rid of the black (The black BG means it is a bright mugen effect), convert it to symbol, and then click it. Drop down to properties and change the...

Hmmm... I forgot what it was... but you there are two bars. You can change the alpha to screen.

That may be the wrong place but when you click the symbol, you go to properties and you see two bars. Click the lower one and you see modes like Screen, Negative, Alpha, Normal. The top bar is set to None.

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/9/2010, 1:10 pm
Dark, Ping, ¡Alright! I'm gonna try that.. and.. i got an already maded "vcam" .. i think that indeed, making one is so much harder than using it.. i want to learn how to make one but all the tutorials says the same thing "paste the script Very Happy!! that is all :DDD" without explaining it, oh well.. looks like I will have to put some time in learning A.Script language too, more than I tough at the start .__.U

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/9/2010, 2:31 pm
@Cleru wrote:Dark, Ping, ¡Alright! I'm gonna try that.. and.. i got an already maded "vcam" .. i think that indeed, making one is so much harder than using it.. i want to learn how to make one but all the tutorials says the same thing "paste the script Very Happy!! that is all :DDD" without explaining it, oh well.. looks like I will have to put some time in learning A.Script language too, more than I tough at the start .__.U

You actually have to mix variable by yourself instead of learning them online Serious

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/9/2010, 4:11 pm
Dude your picture is creepin' me out..cleru. I get the feeling you're a female animator.

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/10/2010, 10:37 am
@Renny wrote:Dude your picture is creepin' me out..cleru. I get the feeling you're a female animator.
I think she is too Very Happy

I also think I agreed to help her too.

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/10/2010, 12:20 pm
What the... o__o cut that out ! im nota' girl >_> -I swear.. i'm a normal boy, as normal as anyone here !

anyway... i got a very very bad experience .__.
Noobish mistakes, i think...

Without knowing, as soon as i finished making a grafic symbol out of every pose of my recolored kirby... without saving my work (now that i come to think 'bout it, i shouldn't have finished wihout saving, it just... it wasn't like me) I supr'd (deleted) the base bitmap.. and got this.. u_u

I did feel myself very very stupid after noticing that restoring the base bitmap didn't fix the problem.. and i hadn't saved at that moment, so there wasn't backtracking was impossible... Such a noob-alike error >__<

Now, that i suffer that.. i think that i'll start with something more.. simple.. like.. 8bits mario D:? He'll never die.. (?) by the way.. how do i configure my firm? i didnt saw that option in profile's
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/10/2010, 12:31 pm
@Cleru wrote:
What the... o__o cut that out ! im nota' girl >_> -I swear.. i'm a normal boy, as normal as anyone here !

anyway... i got a very very bad experience .__.
Noobish mistakes, i think...

Without knowing, as soon as i finished making a grafic symbol out of every pose of my recolored kirby... without saving my work (now that i come to think 'bout it, i shouldn't have finished wihout saving, it just... it wasn't like me) I supr'd (deleted) the base bitmap.. and got this.. u_u

I did feel myself very very stupid after noticing that restoring the base bitmap didn't fix the problem.. and i hadn't saved at that moment, so there wasn't backtracking was impossible... Such a noob-alike error >__<

Now, that i suffer that.. i think that i'll start with something more.. simple.. like.. 8bits mario D:? He'll never die.. (?) by the way.. how do i configure my firm? i didnt saw that option in profile's
Well see. The only way I've gone through that because I broke apart a sprites and converted it to a movie clip.

Also, don't convert a sprite to a graphic. It will disfigure the clothes and face on the sprite. Very bad. You only convert them too a movieclip.

Also, do you mean battle? Look again in the profile.

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/10/2010, 1:24 pm
sorry about the firm stuff... i was so blinded and' didnt noticed that in profile are many sections, like signature.. that i what i was asking for, sorry...

And yes.. i did that, breaking apart -converting to graph, so.. is it okey to convert everypose in movieclip instead of graph? , or may i do the animation without saving every pose apart? :roll: so.. breaking, takin' 'em in gropus and do the MC just there?

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/10/2010, 1:46 pm
@Cleru wrote:[center]What the... o__o cut that out ! im nota' girl >_> -I swear.. i'm a normal boy, as normal as anyone here
*looks at ping......well not ANYone here but I nuderstand what you mean.and welcome to the spritas HOOOOORRRAAAAAAWWW!!!

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/10/2010, 1:53 pm
Hahahah, thankya' xD sorry pal, my english isnt good ._.U im trying to put myself as understandable as possible

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/10/2010, 2:10 pm
@Cleru wrote:sorry about the firm stuff... i was so blinded and' didnt noticed that in profile are many sections, like signature.. that i what i was asking for, sorry...

And yes.. i did that, breaking apart -converting to graph, so.. is it okey to convert everypose in movieclip instead of graph? , or may i do the animation without saving every pose apart? :roll: so.. breaking, takin' 'em in gropus and do the MC just there?
Not necessarily. Graphics can be used for Action Scripting. Buttons too. Lange will come by and write 10 paragraphs of awesomeness about it. But breaking apart is BAD. VERY BAD. Don't do it. When you have a sprite sheet or a sprite that has a green BG. Modify>Bitmap>Trace or open pain.net (if you have it) and use the magic wand and click the green bg and delete.
But sprite movie clips are essential (haha, not really). You will be allowed to blur your sprites or add any other filter effect.

Just so you know, when you Modify>Bitmap>Trace a sprite that has a green or any other colour background. It compacts the color with the sprite. This leads to big file size and skipping, cause when you make a sheet, with no background color but just sprites, it can cause laging on the stage. It's almost as if you just got done tracing a bitmap with a full set of sprites. This may cause bigger file size (but less lag), I convert some sprites to a movie clip. Not all of them, but the effects or larger sprites. I can get to whatsoever in a blink of an eye.

Hope that helps.

Administrator
Administrator

on 12/10/2010, 2:58 pm
Pingboy wrote:
Not necessarily.
Graphics can be used for Action Scripting
No. Movieclips are.

But breaking apart is BAD. VERY BAD. Don't do it.
Wrong again. Breaking apart is the best thing to do. However in collaborations it'll bring you the complications said in this thread https://www.thespritas.com/animation-help-f9/breaking-apart-warning-t1495.htm
When you have a sprite sheet or a sprite that has a green BG. Modify>Bitmap>Trace
Just stop. Do not listen to this unless you want flash to explode

But sprite movie clips are essential (haha, not really). You will be allowed to blur your sprites or add any other filter effect.
No.
Try your best to add filters externally like blurs and glows. Unless you need to manipulate the blur/glow, this will save you lag troubles.
Frame by framing most of your animation is actually the best option and most animators (good ones) do it that way, you shouldn't try to make most of the movement exactly as the sheet says, it's much better if you mix and match and edit movements. Sometimes you may need to even make em longer or shorter, who knows, but keep the sprite as alive as possible. Never make a punch or a kick bland. Symbols are best for loops/tweened objects/actionscripted objects.

It's almost as if you just got done tracing a bitmap with a full set of sprites. This may cause bigger file size (but less lag)
You destroyed your own logic with this. Tracing a full sheet would cause even more file size and lag.

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/10/2010, 3:02 pm
EDIT: WTF D:! I didn't had time to read properly, neither to answer intelligently and yet when i posted what was here, I didn't read Eric's post ('cos it wasn't there when i started to writte what was here) Now, read my next post..

Last edited by Cleru on 12/10/2010, 7:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

Administrator
Administrator

on 12/10/2010, 3:04 pm
@Cleru wrote:I see sire.. so.. ¿Is it okay to trace bitmaps in backgroundless sprites?
Breaking apart isn't good? o_o? im.. kite confused now.. i haven't the time to ask or say anything really intelligent now 'cos im in a hurry xD thankyou so much sire Ping i'll come here again as soon as posible and edit this, but indeed -you can answer this as it is,

I'll be right back.
Didn't you just read.
Tracing is bad, breaking is good.

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/10/2010, 3:13 pm
@Eric wrote:
@Cleru wrote:I see sire.. so.. ¿Is it okay to trace bitmaps in backgroundless sprites?
Breaking apart isn't good? o_o? im.. kite confused now.. i haven't the time to ask or say anything really intelligent now 'cos im in a hurry xD thankyou so much sire Ping i'll come here again as soon as posible and edit this, but indeed -you can answer this as it is,

I'll be right back.
Didn't you just read.
Tracing is bad, breaking is good.

Wait wait... wouldn't that make bad quality sprites?

View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum