View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Re: hi im new here

on 12/13/2010, 3:57 pm
Pingboy wrote:
@Mr Lange wrote:Its actually more like... my mother lives with me, I own the place. Or rather we help each other, given she pays for rent. I do lots of chores and pull my weight. The place I'm at now was the only place I had to go when I turned 18, given we live in the middle of nowhere and my family is SSSOOOO supportive (not). We are on the verge of moving because this town is shit, I have searched my ass off for a job multiple times and have found nothing so far. Hence our financial struggle and why Eric is donating. Once we move, I should be able to find work and start living independently. (granted this is basically what every 20 yr old artist says but I'm actually motivated dammit)
So, despite how it looks, I'm not entirely a white nerdy loser. Then again I may be bending the definition too much lol.

I cannot drive and I have never driven a car. Though I have plans in the near future to get a cheap car and start learning. As for my weight, I was a fatass at the age of 13. Then I was fairly thin from 14 all the way to 18, then I gained a little weight, and now I'm losing it again.

That answered everything. Thats some serious things man. Sorry I went there.

Your a smart man. I shouldn't ask anymore questions.

That's basically the point of this thread. To ask questions about him... If you have no more well then your done in this thread. Lol

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/13/2010, 5:14 pm
Well I have one more.

How did you get into spriting?

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/13/2010, 5:19 pm
After you answer that. Why did you decide to study technology as much as you have?

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/13/2010, 5:20 pm
@Renny wrote:After you answer that. Why did you decide to study technology as much as you have?
Yes YES I have wondered that too Lange. Nice quesiton renny

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/13/2010, 5:26 pm
Thank you, now to wait for either him or Eric to answer them.

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/13/2010, 6:58 pm
I got one where do you get your inspiration to animate as you do? and are you a gamer?

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/13/2010, 7:37 pm
Pingboy wrote:Well I have one more.

How did you get into spriting?

At 13 I had my own shitty computer. Someone introduced me to RPG Maker and I had a lot of fun with that for a while. In my late 13 age, I moved to my dad's in another city and I used his crappy computer a lot. I discovered Game Maker and submerged myself in learning everything I had always wanted to learn. Not long after I discovered some early sprite movies by Randy Solem, and it basically filled that part of me that wanted to see unique takes on video games I had grown up with. I learned of Swish 2 and used the 30 day trial. I made half a sprite movie with it.
When I turned 14 I moved again and got my shitty Win 98 comp back, and my granddad bought me Swish as a birthday present. Around the same time I discovered Newgrounds and had the time of my life lol. So much I had never seen in the world. After much practice with Swish, I made Sonic vs Shadow Rivalry and that was my first submission. Around 2006, after a couple more animations, BDX convinced me to start using Flash instead. The rest is history. Lots of complicated history, involving the creation of NASF as well.

@Renny wrote:After you answer that. Why did you decide to study technology as much as you have?
I'm more of a software geek than I am a hardware geek, granted I know a lot about both. I think I've been using real computers since age 7, when I had an barbaric Windows 3.1 machine. Otherwise, its just my natural attraction, my mind is geared towards understanding computers, and being an artist its also the ultimate medium for ideas and inspiration. I guess that's the best way I could explain it.

madfacespriter wrote:I got one where do you get your inspiration to animate as you do? and are you a gamer?
I would guess a large part of it is music, not to mention I'm always compelled by seeing things and thinking "why can't it be more like this...". My favorite genres are action, comedy, and surrealism, which most of my work revolves around just that. Two other big inspirations for me are worldly beauty (scenery, unique environments), and creative, fast paced and Wachowski Bros style action.
I got games out of my system from an early age. My first game was Sonic 2 on a brand new Sega Genesis, and I played a lot of video games growing up. Nowadays, I play games very sparingly, except on the very rare occasion I get a new game, then I spend a couple days beating it. When I do play games, its usually just SSBB, the classic Sonic games, or a good Sonic hack like Megamix. I am inspired a lot by classic games, and thus my interest in sprite animation.

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/13/2010, 7:41 pm
Thanks for the answers.

Administrator
Administrator

on 12/13/2010, 8:04 pm
@Mr Lange wrote:stuff
I remember the stories.
That was the beginning of a horrible friendship <3

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/13/2010, 9:11 pm
So freggin awesome lange your freggin 20 and you know everything

Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 12/14/2010, 12:27 am
@Eric wrote:
I remember the stories.
This reminds me of then you did this to me <3

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/14/2010, 12:42 am
@Granadico wrote:
@Eric wrote:
I remember the stories.
This reminds me of then you did this to me <3

wait wtf Lol

Lange, also, did you workout like a dog in some fitness facility or did you run?

Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttp://www.youtube.com/user/Granadicohttps://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

on 12/14/2010, 12:47 am
Eric told me a couple of his historical happening of why he started spriting and crap Razz

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
But those days are gone
We can hope for the future
But there may not be one
-Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/14/2010, 12:58 am
@Granadico wrote:Eric told me a couple of his historical happening of why he started spriting and crap Razz

Probably to keep himself MOAR entertained while he faps. Or to widen such a particular element of art.

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/14/2010, 12:49 pm
Pingboy wrote:
Lange, also, did you workout like a dog in some fitness facility or did you run?

What? I've never had any kind of workout regimen. The only exercise I ever get is from physical labor or walking a whole lot.

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/14/2010, 3:19 pm
Ah! Alrighty then! Oh! Oh!

How were you doing in school?

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/14/2010, 3:55 pm
Ping. You know he was Pr0 in school. Or was he :0

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/15/2010, 2:47 am
@Renny wrote:Ping. You know he was Pr0 in school. Or was he :0

Maybe. In Middle School, and from facts, he claimed he was a fatass. I was just wondering if he was picked on or got punched in the stomach or got biatch slap by a slim preppy jock or something 👅
Heres how I think it went down:

Lange wakes up feeling weary and tired from exploring his window's 3 pro thingy. He eats bacon from his mother and it's very delicious. He gets on a bus and sees all the thin boys and suddenly he gets picked on and all da jocks gang up on him. A girl name Emily sticks up for him and they become friends. They sit by each other and Lange makes a Transformers reference:" You know, theres more to me than meets the eye Very Happy". Says Lange. Emily makes a mean face and says: " Wait, you mean your hiding more fat?". The two became enemies forever. Lange approaches school and makes his way to class. Periods go by and he's been Einstein on every subject. Years later have gone by and it is now high school, and ole' J dawg looks fatter and obese than ever. He looks at his guilt and cries:" HELL NAW. AINT A NUDDUH YEAR GONNA PASS WITH ME LOOKING LIKE A FAT BOY! ". He starts to walk 5 miles a day... Then, (exaggeration) his walks turn into running. His running turns to push ups. His push ups turn to dumb bell lifting. His dumb bell lifting turns into weights. STOP LANGE! YOU ARE GETTING TOO THIN AND STRONG!

It is the 2nd semester and lange, incredibly, looses 89 POUNDS. All the girls want him. They want to be up on his grill."Gurl back up. gtfo." ordered Lange. Lange then approaches the jocks that have been in his beewax for years. He stands infront of them and then says:"Courtyard. Three O'clock." The jocks are at the courtyard. The jocks see lange and, stupidly, charges at lange and lange beats them up!"DATS WUT YALL GET." Next day, Mista Rocky, A.K.A., Jordan, sees Emily, and Emily glances at Jordan."Oh Lange. Why did I diss you at the bus 3 years ago?" *Slap*. "Skank. Get a life".

From that heroic, bold day, Lange has been the greatest teenager ever lived. He graduated. Went to Yale. Got his masters degree and became a good citizen. Took care of his lovely mother and then became the man he is today."Damn. Why did I waste my time in Yale?".

The end Very Happy

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/15/2010, 9:27 am
Pingboy... I wasted countless braincells and moments of precious time better spent curing cancer reading whatever the fuck it was you just wrote.

Actually I never passed 10th grade and gave up high school. I learned everything, I was acknowledged as the smartest fucker in school, but I hated the menial schoolwork. It drove me crazy. Not to mention the constant domestic problems between me and my dad, and I ran away several times until I went into foster care around age 16.

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/15/2010, 9:29 am
Sad...

Sad....

Lange that's sad...

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/15/2010, 10:18 am
Depends on how you look at it. It sucks that I have no proof of education, and my family problems were ugly, but I actually like foster care. It was the kind of recuperation I desperately needed. I had a lot of much needed life experiences and I was no longer living with certain hypocritical rednecks that hated me for being a computer geek and an artist. That may sound like your typical ungrateful teen squawking but I really was in the worst possible place someone like me could be in, my dad is a very angry bitter guy and thinks artists are pitiful useless people.

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/15/2010, 10:23 am
I hate your Dad, no offense.
Anyways, I have more than a few questions to ask.

What are your ambitions in life?
What do you want to achieve?
Have you achieved them already?
Or do you have any ambitions at all?

I haven't read the earlier posts, sorry If this has already been asked.

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Spritan
Spritan

on 12/15/2010, 11:22 am
NintendoStar01 wrote:I hate your Dad, no offense.
Anyways, I have more than a few questions to ask.

What are your ambitions in life?
What do you want to achieve?
Have you achieved them already?
Or do you have any ambitions at all?

I haven't read the earlier posts, sorry If this has already been asked.

Hell yes I have ambitions, you think someone like me wouldn't?

Being the director of a studio for animation/game development would be best case scenario. I have huuuge plans for a real, commercial game project that I want to realize some day. The game idea is one I started working on at age 14. Its changed a lot since, but its my ultimate dream project. I've written a lot of it out, composed a lot of the music already, and I've drawn tons of concept art. By the time I have a studio, it'll start up pretty damn fast.

Alternatively, I'm very philosophical and have lot of science interest, so god knows where that might lead me. I could end up as an animator, a musician, a game director, or hell even the inventor of something amazing. A lot of you know me to write tons of shit (this post for instance), and I have plans to write up something like an encyclopedia of every idea I have from art to philosophy to science to the meaning of life itself. Maybe I'll just be known as a guy who shared an enormous amount of frightening and taboo knowledge with the world.

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/15/2010, 11:39 am
@Mr Lange wrote:Depends on how you look at it. It sucks that I have no proof of education, and my family problems were ugly, but I actually like foster care. It was the kind of recuperation I desperately needed. I had a lot of much needed life experiences and I was no longer living with certain hypocritical rednecks that hated me for being a computer geek and an artist. That may sound like your typical ungrateful teen squawking but I really was in the worst possible place someone like me could be in, my dad is a very angry bitter guy and thinks artists are pitiful useless people.

damn 1st you should go finish school and get that important piece of paper,someone with your talents shouldn't waste it.which is exactly whats gonna happen if you don't get those much needed credentials.

Spritan
Spritan

on 12/15/2010, 12:15 pm
damn 1st you should go finish school and get that important piece of paper,someone with your talents shouldn't waste it.which is exactly whats gonna happen if you don't get those much needed credentials.

Yes I agree with Madface, with the ton of knowledge you already possess, somebody like you could easily ace school, sure it would take time but it's worth it, right? You said yourself having no proof of education sucks. You probably could end up as one of those, I would take up animator myself. Anyways, thanks for answering my questions man. I wish you luck on that ultimate dream project and your future Wink

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum