View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Coming soon...A Sprite sheet must have

on 10/25/2010, 2:36 am
Now Mods I want to state for the fact i'm not really sure where this should be it's kind of complicated to explain. So here goes. Now i saw a topic around here Involving Shantae: Risky's Revenge which has been released on the DSIware not to long ago. If you haven't seen the trailer watch it here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vaAw_SfNC9c

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=STfLWs6XGkM (Link to the video advertising about the soundtrack)

Now what does this have to do with the site. Simple The Sprites.

This is one of the best sprite creations i've ever seen done in a game in a real real long time. So me and likely most of you would do. I did instant research on the sprite capture progress..sadly it's impossible to rip the sprites as DSIware is not emulated on any DS emulator in existance. BUT all hope is not lost. I took a really big shot in the dark yesterday by finding his email adress directly to the team who made the game and i wrote this.

"My Name is Anthony. I just recently came across your Series. I say series cause i'll be totally honest here. I had no idea it existed until I saw a sprite sheet here on
http://www.spriters-resource.com/gameboy/shantae/sheet/13500

Jaw Dropped would be a understatement I'm a flash animator and i couldn't believe that sprites with this much detail was around on the Gameboy color days. So i did more research on youtube and google, when i found out about the sequel that was being released on the DSIware. Now I don't own a DSI i only own a DSlite lets be honest the DSI doesn't have to many blockbuster games that are worth playing, Now Being a flash animator and sprite creator yourself i think you know where i'm going with this. I don't know if your allowed to do it but i figure what's the harm in asking. DSIware will never be a rippable project. you know ripping the sprite sheets. If possible and i'm willing to pay to have these sprites (there that awsome) is it possible that i can get the sprites for shantae from the DSIware game. Also I will grab a DSI just to play this game. It really looks like a lot of fun.

Thank you for your time for reading this.

New Fan
Anthony

P.S I downloaded the ost to the new game (Just started to listen to this as i'm writing this) you have a great test in music"

Now the next day (which is right now) I actually got a reply less than 24 hours later and this is what it said.

"Hi Anthony,

Thanks for your letter! Unfortunately we don't have a sprite rip sheet yet, but we've had a few people request them. If we get some down time, it would be fun to lay them out and post them to the risky's revenge website. Thanks for your interest in Shantae, and I hope you get your hands on a DSi at some point.... the animation is even better when you get to play with it!

--
Matt Bozon
WF Creative Director

So there is some hope. Only thing that will tell is time. DISCUSS
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Coming soon...A Sprite sheet must have

on 10/27/2010, 3:38 pm
Wow, this game, is quite...well, it's incredible.

The gameplay seems very unique, Megaman like, with a Castlevania gameplay, with Prince of Persia environments. What really surprised me were the use of elements that we use. Motion blurring, slight use of '3D' and after images. All stuff we use, and what not. Very Happy

The sprite work on this project is phenomenal. Shantae is decently sprited, her moves are unique, using her hair, but what really surprises me are the backgrounds. They are very unique and in depth, if those come out, oh boy I need to get my hands on them.

Finally, the OST. My god that was very intense, made this freaking amazing. I can't even explain all that I think about this, it's just...too awesome.

Thanks for linking us to that. ^.^

[The Return]

Re: Coming soon...A Sprite sheet must have

on 10/27/2010, 3:50 pm
I knew about this game : D

It looks amazing. If these get ripped, freakin' god I need to animate 'em.
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum