View previous topicGo downView next topic
Administrator
Administrator

With emphasis on DETAIL

on 9/15/2010, 11:27 pm
Yes since i STILL don't have any of my stuff back and that includes l vs s. I got tired of just staring at an empty flash document....taunting me...laughing at my loss...YOU BAS-
Anyway, i decided it's best to take this time and work on my flaws. A big one being emphasizing detail on visuals, mainly the background. Something you ALL should take as an example and stop just copying and pasting and start working.

As you can see i made sure everything was given an "umph" The further back mountains are separated from the blue ones unlike in the original background sheet. As well as the clouds from the original sheet on the front mountains were removed, reason being if they were left there it would mean the ground is at an extremely high point of elevation, which is WRONG. I gave the back mountains a blur to do that camera thing where the BG is out of focus to keep emphasis on the important closer things like sonic. And to keep things high quality. The back is a white to light blue gradient, very sexy. (read it with a stereotypical Spanish accent). I didn't add clouds, i felt the cheep ones from the BG where good enough (retro FTW faggots).

The sun i made myself, i made sure it was eye blinding bright. Instead of a plain image of a sun with no brightness at all added to it.

The shading (which took the longest to make right), see the sun was on the RIGHT side. Meaning the shading should be on the left, because they were being hit on the right side, the shading however was on the right side, and the mountains already shaded area was also on the right side, i had to move the sun and make the shading match the direction, then the shading was also terribly dull and flat. Before the shading was a dull black to alpha linear gradient. A better way to shade those dirty mountains was to make it a solid being the exact shape, blurred (more on the X than Y). And then the high lights on the mountains dangerously close to the beaming rays of the sun. That part was easy, and looked very very nice, there's a little on sonic just for this image. The best part about these shadings is that if i move the mountains the shadings will move on to the next accordingly. Now enough about that.

There's also the shadows that the hills cast, notice how they're skewed in the correct angle and correct side and size. Pay attention, this is what separates the men and the idiots who like Justin Beiber, now give me thumbs up for my irrelevant comment!....crap, this is not youtube, i shall carry on then.

The grass is actually also highlighted to match the sunlight, and as you can see, i made the grass continue even behind the mountains and make it look like they slowly fade into the far back, showing depth and that i have too much fun with gradients. What else did i throw on this stupid BG. Oh right, the grass. I couldn't for the life of me find a good enough foreground, so i decided to do what i do best but costs me so much. Improvise and use Photoshop's grass brush tool to make some cheap grass for a foreground. And i say i think it worked great.

Yes i will be making an animation with this, something short but i will do it with lots of effort and ambition, yes it's ironic I of all people is using Sonic the faggot, but i couldn't visualize it better with anyone else. I'm gonna try some insane stuff that i don't think I'm capable of doing at all, but I'm giving it my all, if i do it, ill gain like 50,000 XP and level up enough times to make l vs s worth the wait even more. Though ill have to deal with a draw back, the beginning will be sooo different compared to the rest it'll look like 2 separate parts, one old one new, and that would suck. since one part is like sucky. bland and old and the rest will be detailed nice and new. But i guess i have to finish it one way or another and it's better than giving you nothing or something unfinished.

Special thanks to Short-Factor for being a faggot and scolding me about every thing i was doing wrong here, other wise it would look like crap and i would think less about the laws of physics when doing so. He's the one that told me all about the shading so i can make it so good, and the whole ground thing continuing in the back i got it from him. He taught me a lot, but he's still a bitch.

Learn from this and stop making your animations boring and dull, every little detail counts, and i don't mean copy exactly what i did. I am hoping to change the way you all try to create, isolate yourself from the rest don't make yourself seem like another one. Make people look in aw instead of saying "oh it's one of these again". Hopefully you all take heed. And again, don't copy, that's another thing faggots do

....and they will pay for their crimes accordingly..

Last edited by Eric on 9/16/2010, 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan

Re: With emphasis on DETAIL

on 9/15/2010, 11:41 pm
damn Eric...its...so....BEAUTIFUL!!! :face: , no really this is really clean man, kinda makes me want to do something similar :) but, i know theres no way thats gonna happen so ill just....stare at the pic... Shocked
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 12:53 am
Wow the detail was breath taking! it felt like i was somehow in a video game for once ! ... just wow

i also made this my wallpaper which i only change once every century! :3

Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 1:29 am
Damn...i'm gonna start doing this...and post a screen shot here Razz
When you said you made the grass as a foreground, are you going to animate it also? You know like the wind blowing in one direction.

Last edited by NintendoStar01 on 9/16/2010, 1:35 am; edited 1 time in total

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 1:34 am
MUWAHHAHAHHA :3

Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 1:36 am
LOL!

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 3:21 am
.....*breath gone* wow im not sure what to say i mean i feel like this is inspiring but at the same time its so...discouraging for sumone like me...gotta keep trying.

The means by which we live has outdistanced the ends for which we live. Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided missiles and misguided men.
- Martin Luther King Jr -

If you wanna battle ill totally take you one. Send me a PM and we can set up dates nd times nd stuff. Prepare to be amazed.

That goes double.... for a duel.
Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 9/16/2010, 7:30 am
its good but won't that make the file size bigger.

My upcoming projects

Captain Falcon vs Bang Shishigami: 4%      Vergil vs Sephiroth: 60%      

Killer Instinct Origins: TJ Combo:10%        Dragonclaw vs Evil Ryu Remake: 10%

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
Administrator
Administrator

on 9/16/2010, 11:51 am
5h0ck wrote:its good but won't that make the file size bigger.
is about 60 KB that much? :3
Seriously though, it grew a lot somehow even with all that stuff, but the reason is because i did it all with flash, i didn't use other programs to fancy it out except for the sun and separating and stuff. I'm gonna er do the details and stuff with blurs again in other programs to save both file size AND lag. I left it like that only for now, just to show the pic, but when i actually start animating it ill make sure things stay smooth and light.

Watch your ass.
Administrator
Administrator

on 9/16/2010, 11:52 am
it grew up to 376 KB with is still not much, but needs to be lower. This entire thing btw was 12 layers. Not to mention some of the symbols here had more than one layer in them. I should definitely put my name on that pic in case of theft...
And now that i did that, EZWHEELS, CHANGE YOUR BG TO THE UPDATED BG!

I shall begin animating this today right after i watch American psycho...

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 1:32 pm
In my current project, I use After Effects to set up the background scenery.

Your grass gives me an idea. Maby I should use that custom brush I have in photoshop... it could very well look unique. Not nice, but unique.

But anyways, I see what your doing. I decided to make my own backgrounds when I couldn't FIND one I needed. But this for for my project...

not anything else lol

darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 2:00 pm
Eric, that's crazy, dude. Looks like a CG Mario game meets 32-bit Sonic game.

MADE BY KNUX184!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
R.I.P. Tre' & Uncle Riece
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 2:23 pm
i was blinded by the awesomness, my buddy is the one that typed this 4 me

Spritan
Spritan
View user profilehttps://www.youtube.com/channel/UClJMXtpQUTAA2kNWj_dwWnAhttps://twitter.com/abxelic

on 9/16/2010, 2:48 pm
D3Anims wrote:i was blinded by the awesomness, my buddy is the one that typed this 4 me
lol you should have worn sunglasses like i did afro

My upcoming projects

Captain Falcon vs Bang Shishigami: 4%      Vergil vs Sephiroth: 60%      

Killer Instinct Origins: TJ Combo:10%        Dragonclaw vs Evil Ryu Remake: 10%

Lloyd vs Kratos:13%                Kratos vs Cloud:10%        Ryu Hyabusa custom sprites:1%
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 4:34 pm
omg i think i just wet my self! Shocked
that is incredible!
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 4:55 pm
I reread the entire post and marveled at the result once more, but basically you used Photoshop and Flash to make this?

MADE BY KNUX184!!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Administrator
Administrator

on 9/16/2010, 5:39 pm
SoarKrieg wrote:I reread the entire post and marveled at the result once more, but basically you used Photoshop and Flash to make this?
I only used photoshop for the foreground grass. I used fireworks for the background separating, and editing because the pencil tool draws like a pixel tool. Everything else, flash.

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 5:56 pm
Eric wrote:
SoarKrieg wrote:I reread the entire post and marveled at the result once more, but basically you used Photoshop and Flash to make this?
I only used photoshop for the foreground grass. I used fireworks for the background separating, and editing because the pencil tool draws like a pixel tool. Everything else, flash.

Ah, I see. Now I know I got a lotta work to do with detail. Firstly, I need to download and master Fireworks. -_-

MADE BY KNUX184!!
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 6:04 pm
Bah... it's just a picture... now animate with this detail bitch

This our website! There are many like it, but this one is ours! Without us, The Spritas is nothing! Without The Spritas, I am nothing!
Administrator
Administrator

on 9/16/2010, 6:04 pm
SoarKrieg wrote:
Eric wrote:

Ah, I see. Now I know I got a lotta work to do with detail. Firstly, I need to download and master Fireworks. -_-
You could use paint.net, it's free and lighter.

Watch your ass.
Administrator
Administrator

on 9/16/2010, 6:06 pm
DarkZeroXP wrote:Bah... it's just a picture... now animate with this detail bitch
Wait faggot, i just finished American Psycho (incredibly frikking movie btw) I gotta do some technical stuff to save some file size.

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 6:06 pm
Eric wrote:
SoarKrieg wrote:
Eric wrote:

You could use paint.net, it's free and lighter.

Oh, price isn't a thing for me. I can just get it for free, but thanks for the suggestion.

MADE BY KNUX184!!
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 6:07 pm
Eric wrote:
DarkZeroXP wrote:Bah... it's just a picture... now animate with this detail bitch
Wait faggot, i just finished American Psycho (incredibly frikking movie btw) I gotta do some technical stuff to save some file size.
Lol, The file size would be raped if you animate with this detail... specially with sprites... So... don't even try.. =/

This our website! There are many like it, but this one is ours! Without us, The Spritas is nothing! Without The Spritas, I am nothing!
Administrator
Administrator

on 9/16/2010, 6:10 pm
Actually no, the file size was relitively low, but it should still be lower, it may also lag a tiny bit.
Remember SWF's don't use up memory like AVI's. It only has to render the image ONE time. File size only builds up if the image changes.

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan

on 9/16/2010, 6:11 pm
Agh, just upload it already, lol!

MADE BY KNUX184!!
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum