View previous topicGo downView next topic
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Interactive RPG TEST

on 3/9/2009, 6:17 pm
Very good. Very nice idea and looks great. The only question I have is, will the main character ALWAYS attack or will they alternate attacks with you having a short time limit to counter yourself (and I mean really short to increase difficulty)?
Administrator
Administrator

on 3/9/2009, 6:24 pm
nice job there. it works well and animation is good. music too. though the quality goes down on the sprites. i dunno why i see this with everyone now but if you can try to fix that

Watch your ass.
Spritan
Spritan

on 3/9/2009, 10:15 pm
EJRProductions wrote:Very good. Very nice idea and looks great. The only question I have is, will the main character ALWAYS attack or will they alternate attacks with you having a short time limit to counter yourself (and I mean really short to increase difficulty)?

glad yas likes it! This was only a test of the characters "Strong Attacks" in the four different categories: Physical Melee, Energy, Elemental, and Feint. Notice in the beginning how your only option was to go left, which in the game will be a prompt for all the "Strong Attacks" The other different directions will reconcile with different actions, Left(Forward),Right(Retreat), Up(Jump), Down(Dodge? Havnt decided for down yet)

adding up all the possible attacks from the starting point of battle there are a total of 16 different actions.

The Enemy and the environment will have a play on the actions you can do, for instance, if there is a wall between you and the enemy, you wont be able to use the Left(Forward) action, and there fore it will either be disabled, or replaced with different actions that weren't previously available.

Whenever the enemy attacks, all the offensive actions will be replaced with defensive ones, with Left, RIght, Up, and Down, turning into dodge, or counter buttons. Im thinking of adding a timer for actions like in this test where the screen dims and you have to choose a direction,

I think this is a good way to add a bit more viriety in RPGS and make them less boring and negating the whole "press-the-attack-option-to-beat-everyone" tatic. with this battle system it will force the player to have to think about what action to take mid game while the character is dashing towards the enemy, or trying to narrowly dodge a fatal blow.

And yeah eric, ive noticed the lil problems that uploading it causes, sometimes i notice the soundeffects run outta sync sometimes as well.

anywhoo, if anyone wants to make any sudgestions on extra stuff to add in the battle system feel freez, if i use the idea naturally credit will be given where it is due.

by the way LUVZ THE NEW LAYOUT ERIC cheers
Administrator
Administrator

on 3/17/2009, 8:07 pm
@ZayLong wrote:by the way LUVZ THE NEW LAYOUT ERIC cheers

I changed the layout.

on 3/20/2009, 9:47 pm
Damn..thats pretty good..but it just looks like some animation with buttons...it will look like a game when ur able to kill the enemy. anyways pretty good. =D
Administrator
Administrator

on 6/3/2012, 11:42 am
Three years later and this still amazes me

on 6/3/2012, 2:00 pm
I don't see anythin
Spritan
Spritan

on 6/3/2012, 2:38 pm
Forbidden

You don't have permission to access /ul/upload/080309/67451_RPG_TEST.php on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Administrator
Administrator

on 6/3/2012, 3:50 pm
IT WAS HERE YESTERDAY WTF HAPPENED

Spritan
Spritan

on 6/19/2012, 3:06 am
@Leo wrote:I don't see anythin

And I thought I'm the only one.

Just an Asian.