• HomeHome  
  • Forums  
  • MemberlistMemberlist  
  •  
  • FAQFAQ  
  • SearchSearch  
  • UsergroupsUsergroups  
  • RegisterRegister  

• This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
    Senior Spritan Lv 5
    Senior Spritan Lv 5

E3 2015 Topic

Post by NS01 on 6/16/2015, 4:09 pm

I enjoyed Bethesda's and Microsoft's E3 this year, I didn't get to watch Sony but they have decent lineups.
    But boy Nintendo was sure disappointing and I am a complete Nintendo fanboy. Maybe if they didn't announce the Smash DLC Pre-E3 it would of been more memorable.
    But instead we got an Animal Crossing - Mario Party like board game, a rushed Zelda 3ds Game, a Metroid game that...well, isn't even Metroid, Mario Maker and Xenoblade which we already knew about as well as Yoshi's Wooly World (which all looks great), but damn, there was no hype at all. When it ended I felt cheated lmao. Do they ever think about their western audience other than localizing their games?

"On my business card, I am a corporate president. In my mind, I am a game developer. But in my heart, I am a gamer." - Satoru Iwata 1959-2015
    NS01
    Senior Spritan Lv 5
    Senior Spritan Lv 5

Number of posts : 6080
    Registration date : 2009-09-07

View user profile ninstar01
    Administrator
    Administrator

Re: E3 2015 Topic

Post by Granadico on 6/17/2015, 3:01 am

I could write paragraphs about Nintendo but I'm not gonna. It legitimately depressed me (well a huge bummer) for a few hours after. I didn't even watch the Treehouse much, which i planned to spend the entire week watching every second of it like last year...I doubt I'm going to unless there's a huge surprise, which I'm not holding my breath for.

Sony's was good I guess objectively, but I didn't care for most of it. Even the biggest things were like, wat. FF7:R had absolutely no gameplay or anything at all so wtf was the point (I know it's a big game but still), The Last Guardian was pretty but it was pretty boring (I haven't played any of their like ICO so that could be why), and Shenmue 3 was just an advertisement. Why the hell would they advertise the kickstarter but not just fund it themselves? The Uncharted glitch made me laugh though.

MS's was pretty good honestly. BC is cool (despite looking as bare bones as VC on Nintendo), the controller was surprisingly useful from the looks of it (idk the price though), Halo 5 has potential with Republic Commando vibes but idk it should feel like Metroid about isolation and being a one man army basically (although Halo: Reach did the concept well, we'll see). Gears was pretty lackluster (and dark as fuck), Rare's Collection was awesome but holy shit wtf was their new game, Tomb Raider was incredibly boring and scripted, and the idiotic car that dropped down for no reason was pointless. Dat Hololens though. I don't think VR will be viable anytime soon (like 5+ years, and on PC), but AR has a lot of promise.

Didn't really watch 3rd parties. EA was crap (didn't see Mirror's Edge 2 or Battlefront though, only things I cared about), didn't watch Ubi ether (which was apparently terrible cuz that comedian), SE's was supposedly on par with Nintendo for how bad it was (even with KH3 being there), and I don't care for Bethesda (besides Doom possibly) so I didn't watch that either.

So overall pretty shitty E3 for me. Even if it was "objectively" good for other people, I'm pretty boned. I seen something about Grant Kirkhope at E3 though about Yooka Layle, gotta find that.

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
    But those days are gone
    We can hope for the future
    But there may not be one
    -Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
    Granadico
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 12933
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Granadico Granadico https://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Post by BlitznBurst on 6/17/2015, 1:35 pm

Nintendo had Mario & Luigi X Paper Mario which means it automatically wins even if everything else was shit

BlitznBurst
    Junior Spritan Lv 4
    Junior Spritan Lv 4

Number of posts : 4898
    Registration date : 2011-01-15

View user profile
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Rapidfir3Pho3nix on 6/17/2015, 2:25 pm

I don't have internet so yay me for not being able to see the fucking E3

And I actually think this E3 was pretty rad.

Bethesda kicked it off amazingly showcasing Fallout 4. Their mobile game looked really fucking awesome as well, can't wait for that to come out on Android.

Doom looked fantastic. It was made very well, IMO.

Microsoft had some pretty fantastic presentations as well. I really thought Minecraft on the Hololens was amazing.

Square enix coming in with the Final Fantasy 7 remake had me all kinds of surprised but then Sony with the Shenmue 3 kickstarter had me even more surprised.

Also
    @Granadico wrote:and Shenmue 3 was just an advertisement. Why the hell would they advertise the kickstarter but not just fund it themselves?

1st off Sony is gonna fund it, however, they needed to know that Shenmue 3 is something that people seriously wanted. And they clearly did since it became one of the top most funded Kickstarter events ever.

2nd off $2 Million is absolute paltry compared to how much it costs to make a Shenmue game. Shenmue 1 had a development budget of 70 million dollars. and that was 15 years ago. 2 Million is absolutely nothing relative to how much this game is gonna cost and Sony knows that so yeah, you can expect them to be funding it now that they've seen this is what people want.

To put things in a bit of perspective, The Witcher 3 had a dev budget of like $35 million.

Kingdom Hearts 3 looks fucking awesome. You can tell their still trying to smooth out some things but it looks like it's coming along nicely. I fucking loved Sora's new outfit. I really like that they kept in Flowmotion from Dream Drop Distance because it made traversing the worlds so much more fun. The summons look pretty sick, but I've only ever used summons like 2 or 3 times per playthrough so I doubt I'll be using them a whole lot.

Did anyone else catch that Sora shot out ice and then slid on the ice path? That had me fucking stoked.

MOTHERFUCKING BATTLEFRONT LOOKS FUCKING AMAZING

Yes, it's like Battlefield. No, that is not bad; that is fucking amazing. It looks so fucking amazing. I was not expecting it to look this good. Fucking DICE, I fucking love you.

The Last Guardian looks super awesome and very unique. It'll be interesting to see how that game turns out.

But the game that floored me the most was fucking Horizon.

HORIZON LOOKS DAMN AMAZING.

Minus Nintendo being disappointing, I really enjoyed this e3
    Rapidfir3Pho3nix
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 4975
    Registration date : 2009-01-23
    Custom Rank : wut

View user profile

Post by BDB on 6/18/2015, 10:36 am

Pretty much the exact same reaction everyone else has had.

Horizon: Zero Dawn was probably the best game at E3 imo (except for the constant character talking all the time). So this E3 was actually not that exciting at all in general for me. I can see why people are hyped for Fallout 4 though.

My favourite moment was at the EA conference when they showed off that minions mobile game.

Nintendo's Direct was definitely disappointing. Especially after getting some info out of the way before, it felt like they would have a lot of new stuff to show like a (good) Metroid or something. Although watching some of their Tree House things after was better because they just showed game play.

Star Fox is looking more alright from the Tree House game play, hopefully they improve on some textures or something. One racing game, Fast Racing Neo, is one of the nicest looking Wii U games and it looks really interesting mechanic-wise (Nintendo should have let them make an F-Zero game). The Mario Paper Jam game should be good if they tone down hand holding crap. Also looking forward to Mario Maker because it looks like you can do a lot of interesting stuff.

Battlefront looks really good graphically. Looks like it won't be anything new but that's fine. Mirror's Edge 2 looks like it won't be too much new either, but if they have free-roam (I missed if they said that) then it should be fun.

Yeah, alright E3 this year. Should have made another Mario Strikers Nintendo :I.

BDB

Number of posts : 3509
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile
    Administrator
    Administrator

Post by Granadico on 6/18/2015, 8:28 pm

I odn't know why Kingdom Hearts didn't look that great to me (graphically). It looked better when it was first showed off I think. Something about it looked so flat and textureless.

Fast Racing Neo has been one of my most anticipated games for over a year. That game is gorgeous. Those 5 people making the game put 99% of Wii U games to shame, including most NIntendo games. Gameplay looks fun too, I'd rather F-Zero than Wipeout but it's still fun.

made by Knux184

We can learn from the past
    But those days are gone
    We can hope for the future
    But there may not be one
    -Mike Portnoy "A Change of Seasons"
    Granadico
    Administrator
    Administrator

Number of posts : 12933
    Registration date : 2008-11-18

View user profile http://www.youtube.com/user/Granadico Granadico https://www.twitch.tv/granadico/profile

Post by BDB on 6/19/2015, 12:18 pm

The fact that you have to stay attentive to your colour while driving makes it more interesting than a lot of racing games. I'll definitely check that game out to see if I'll get it.

BDB

Number of posts : 3509
    Registration date : 2008-11-04

View user profile
    Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.