View previous topicGo downView next topic
Spritan
Spritan

Been so long lol

on 2/4/2014, 4:18 pm
I haven't animated in damn forever, I've had this for about a year now? Not too sure, but I've been working on it a bit and wanted to show you guys what I've got so far, I think I'm going to leave this non-updating since it would kind of ruin it if I finished and there would be no surprises haha

No sounds for a reason, they will come in later.

http://www.fastswf.com/Yw3o4kQ
Spritan
Spritan

Re: Been so long lol

on 2/4/2014, 4:26 pm
oh man I really liked it no complaints Except maybe the water in the bg it looked like Ants or something is was A bit distracting.But Im just grasping this was really entertaining

Spritan
Spritan

on 2/4/2014, 4:29 pm
Aha, that's true! Maybe I should find new water, I just wanted to keep it simple but still have minor animation in it so it wasn't so static. Thanks for the heads up ;D
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/5/2014, 9:25 am
That was really good ! But yeah, the background looks a bit weird
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/7/2014, 8:43 am
This made my day man, great animation very entertaining and downright enjoyable to watch.

The Unstoppable Ala Rubra

Administrator
Administrator
View user profilehttps://discordapp.com/channels/142444698311589888/142444698311589888

on 2/7/2014, 10:13 am
Holy shit, dude, that was awesome. It's a real long time since we've had an animation like this. It actually felt a little nostalgic. The things I liked were how you set Sonic and Sanji up to fight, even though you made Sonic a bit of a dick, but hey, you're animator so you can characterize the characters as you see fit. Then the actual animation was really well done. You effectively used skewing and easing to make the animation flow smoothly. Then, there is what I like to call the cinematics which is when Sonic replaced his picture on the spinner poster thing, when Sanji got made and had the flame in his eyes, when Sonic got hit by the piece of table in slow-mo, and the camera shakes and pans and everything. As mentioned above, the water was a bit distracting at least initially just because it's right there and it's not quite the best quality. Then the actual bridge/harbor thing that they're on is also a little low quality and somewhat blurry(at least it was for me). But It was all really done and I can't wait to see this completed!

So far I'd rate this as at least an 8/10, just cuz there aren't really any sounds which you said. So basically it's more of 8/8. Lol.
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/8/2014, 1:54 pm
Thanks a ton guys! Super inspiring to get such positive feedback and real CC! I really appreciate it :)
Spritan
Spritan

on 2/8/2014, 3:29 pm
@SatanicGoomba wrote:Thanks a ton guys! Super inspiring to get such positive feedback and real CC! I really appreciate it :)

Lmfaooo I've missed you bro

This is a good-quality animation. How you arranged the whole setting, the shots, and animated the sprites-- they all had a good flow throughout the whole animation. It's good, and I could praise you for it and critique it, because you've made something rather than nothing. Particularly my favorite part was when Sanji kicked the table. That was done nicely, the way you animated the wood to projectile to Sonic's face, and I didn't even expect the table to fall back. There's detail to your work.

That aside, you inserted comedy along with it. I actually lol'd.

The camera work could be just as great as your sprite animation. Don't get me wrong, it's good, but it could be better! Whenever it pans, I just think it should move straighter, instead of moving with an altitude. Other than that, you've implemented good cinematics, animation, detail, and humor. Finish this!

@darkdragon581 wrote:ping, i don't see you getting 'boodie' anytime soon, i don't care if your black, its most likely not going to happen
View previous topicBack to topView next topic
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum